The Royal Wedding: Is The Coverage Media Overkill?

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:55 pm
@dlowan,
JEZUS CHRISTE!!

Its just some white bread and a pork chop!!. Who the **** can eat anything in that country!!. God Damn. They need some southern cook to come over there and make it into a pulled pork "butty" and then spoon in some cole slaw into- roll. . Then youir eatin away a hangover
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:59 pm
@farmerman,
There's nothing better than a bacon butty unless it's a chip butty after a long http://able2know.org/static/images/emoticons/icon_drunk.gif night
dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:02 pm
@Green Witch,
The Pretzel has caused mucho hilarity world wide:

Apparently the Pretzel was Beatrice's...and it has its own Facebook page to deride it:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Princess-Beatrices-ridiculous-Royal-Wedding-hat/203705509669392

Also commentary here:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2011/04/princess-beatrice-hat-facebook-royal-wedding-philip-treacy-hat.html

A zinger:

"But when the hat-crowned Beatrice and her sisterPrincess Eugenie, 21, emerged from their ride, one comparison rang clear: The evil "Cinderella" stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella had arrived."

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:02 pm
@ehBeth,
A pork chop between two slices of bread ?, cmon. Brits just dont get the concept of SAMMICH
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:07 pm
@farmerman,
bacon

not a pork chop

good bacon

good British bacon

the best kind of bacon
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:08 pm
@dlowan,
<sigh>

I love the Pretzel. Then again, I've yet to see a Treacy hat I don't covet.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:11 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:
"But when the hat-crowned Beatrice and her sisterPrincess Eugenie, 21, emerged from their ride, one comparison rang clear: The evil "Cinderella" stepsisters Anastasia and Drizella had arrived."

Perhaps this was their way of expressing disdain for the fact that Fergie was omitted from the guest list.
The two of them have no taste, and apparently don't care how weird, or unattractive, they look. It's not just the hats, it's also the make-up and the dresses. UGH.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:11 pm
@dlowan,
Eugenie's dress was bit unfortunate.

Three bows across the front when you've inherited the Queen's boobs is not a good idea.
dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:13 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Eugenie's dress was bit unfortunate.

Three bows across the front when you've inherited the Queen's boobs is not a good idea.

I think they have inherited their mother's taste.

But what do they care? They're RICH...and they HAVE to be invited to stuff.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:15 pm
@dlowan,
I generally think they both look quite wonderful, but Eugenie's body makes fitted formal wear trickier to get right. Too many curves for today's styles.
dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Such different taste we have!

I suppose having their every dress decision picked apart is the price the girls face for all that easy money.

I shall cease to pick! It's crass and mean.
firefly

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:23 pm
@ehBeth,
The sleeves on Eugenie's dress were also too long. Surely she can afford to get things altered? And the hemline was unfortunate. It just looked ill fitting and very unflattering.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:27 pm
@dlowan,
Quote:

I suppose having their every dress decision picked apart is the price the girls face for all that easy money.

They wore outfits designed to get them noticed. The price they paid was that they did get noticed, in a negative way.

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:35 pm
@firefly,
groan, dress talk. Nobody said anything about that Horse and carriage rig they were whisked off to the reception. It looked just like a chuck wagon.
How long was that thing in the garage?
roger

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:39 pm
@farmerman,
Dayum! I don't have television, but this is beginning to sound like The Beverly Hillbillies.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:49 pm
@roger,
youtube - the royal channel - you can watch hours and hours of wedding coverage (better than any of the t.v. coverage - royal channel has better access)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:51 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Horse and carriage rig they were whisked off to the reception.

lots of horse **** for the guardsmen to march through later

it was definitely something to think about as I watched them march in formation - they can't just walk around the **** - they've got to march right on through it

the Queen looked positively giddy at times in her carriage - those horses were moving along at quite a good clip
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:57 pm
@ehBeth,
Where were the royal scoopsm'n?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:01 pm
@farmerman,
probably somewhere behind the ambulance that came after the marchers

the carriages and horses were going too fast for anyone to zip out and scoop

a few of the horses got spooked at points - there was some nice bronco bucking going on
0 Replies

saab

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 01:04 am
@farmerman,
I think the carriage was made 1901 as a gift fro Queen Victoria to her son King Edward number?.