The Royal Wedding: Is The Coverage Media Overkill?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 12:58 pm
@firefly,
Maid of Honor's, that's the second dress I meant. I'm so not up on wedding terminology.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 01:14 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Linkat wrote:

Nice hats...

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Original_Photo/2011/04/29/r1__1304071165_7667.jpg

You LIKED Pretzel and blue weirdo!

I thought of them as Smurf vs. 18th Century Picture Frame.

Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 01:20 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:

I thought her dress (the bride's) was very pretty and flattering.
What sort of flowers did she carry?

I agree about the dress, so much better than Diana's cream puff horror.
Flowers: lily of the valley, sweet william and hyacinth with some greenery.
(edited: oops, missed Soz flower post. Love that little kid)

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 04:15 pm
listening to opie and anthony on audible ripping apart the royal wedding, comedian jim norton just said "the queen is dressed like the guy who owned curious george"
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 04:29 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
"the queen is dressed like the guy who owned curious george"
That just shows me that this guy knows too much about Daytime TV to be of any use to me.
djjd62

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 04:35 pm
@farmerman,
i'm guessing he read curious george as a kid by what i know of his age, or if your referring to them commenting on the wedding itself, it was on tv while they were live this morning, i listen later
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 04:38 pm
@djjd62,
It ws a book? dayum, I barely could get through reading Dr Seuss to my kids without going all Roger Ebert about it.
I read my kids **** like Treasure Island, and the Voyage of the Beagle.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 05:44 pm
@farmerman,
Mrs F is watching the recap of the game on BBC and I gotta say that Prince Charlie is trully becoming the "Prince of Whales"
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 06:22 pm
@farmerman,
I'm watching the thing on the Royal Channel on Youtube

I'm enjoying it, but I can't imagine watching the whole thing - or getting up early to watch any part of it.
chai2

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 06:48 pm
Ok, here's the important stuff....what everyone ate afterwards...

Guests at the wedding reception will sip on Pol Roger NV Brut Réserve Champagne and nibble on a selection of canapés, including:

Cornish Crab Salad on Lemon Blini
Pressed Duck Terrine with Fruit Chutney
Roulade of Goats' Cheese with Caramelised Walnuts
Assortment of Palmiers and Cheese Straws
Scottish Smoked Salmon Rose on Beetroot Blini
Miniature Watercress and Asparagus Tart
Poached Asparagus Spears with Hollandaise Sauce for Dipping
Quails Eggs with Celery Salt
Scottish Langoustines with Lemon Mayonnaise Pressed Confit of Pork Belly with Crayfish and Crackling
Wild Mushroom and Celeriac Chausson
Bubble and Squeak with Confit Shoulder of Lamb
Grain Mustard and Honey-Glazed Chipolatas
Smoked Haddock Fishcake with Pea Guacamole
Miniature Yorkshire Pudding with Roast Fillet of Beef and Horseradish Mousse
Gâteau Opera
Blood Orange Pâté de Fruit
Raspberry Financier
Rhubarb Crème Brûlée Tartlet
Passion Fruit Praline
White Chocolate Ganache Truffle
Milk Chocolate Praline with Nuts
Dark Chocolate Ganache Truffle
All the ingredients for the more than 10,000 canapés prepared were sourced locally from the United Kingdom and from Royal Warrant holding companies, according to Clarence House.

For a sweet ending, the couple will slice into an eight-tiered traditional fruit cake adorned with 900 iced flowers. The cake was designed by Leicestershire-based baker Fiona Cairns.

Just appetizers? No sit down dinner?
djjd62

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 07:09 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I wonder if she is bored or upset after having to deal with all being quiet, well behaved so as not to mess up her dress/hair - she probably wants to just run and play.

caught the bit on tv were the planes were flying overhead and one of the girls was covering her ears, wonder if this pic was taken just after the flyby
dadpad

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 07:25 pm

La la la la lLA LA lAlllaaaaaLalallllaaaaaallllalalalalalalalalalalala

I cant hear you.

http://www.westcoastdhb.org.nz/images/health_advice/health_n_safety_message/monthly_message/2007_11/fingers_plug_ears.jpg
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 07:50 pm
@chai2,
Quote:

Just appetizers? No sit down dinner?

Prince Charles was supposed to be hosting a formal sit-down dinner for 300 guests at Buckingham Palace this evening, but I don't think they released that menu yet. Then they have dancing, and it turns into a real party. Prince Harry has organized a survivors breakfast for early Saturday morning with bacon butties and coffee being served from 6am.

The Middletons were hosting another event at the Goring Hotel for friends and family of theirs who were among the 650 people invited to the canapé and champagne lunch reception, but were not invited to the dinner hosted by Prince Charles, although Mr. & Mrs. Middleton were going to be at the formal dinner at Buckingham Palace after greeting their guests at the Goring.

So, it sounds like plenty of eating was scheduled for the evening.

This is what the bride wore to the formal dinner.
http://timenewsfeed.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/mcqueen2.jpg?w=455
It was designed by Sarah Burton who did her wedding gown.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:06 pm
@ehBeth,
I've just made it to the end of the carriage ride back to the palace.

Very sweet watching Harry interact with his three young companions during the ride.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:29 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

http://www.tdbimg.com/files/2011/04/29/img-mg---royal-wedding-day-kiss_114507984180.jpg

http://atributetoart.com/ufiles/raphael_angel_2_thumb.jpg

I knew it reminded me of something.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:37 pm
@Green Witch,
what the hell is a bacon butt? did i ask this once before? The damn thing sounds like a major pork shoulder part
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:45 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
caught the bit on tv were the planes were flying overhead and one of the girls was covering her ears, wonder if this pic was taken just after the flyby

she was doing it when the crowd was chanting for the first and second kiss and during the flypast - she definitely didn't like the noise
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:47 pm
@ehBeth,
the two smallest attendants also covered their ears going into the cathedral when the carillon was ringing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:47 pm
@farmerman,
bacon butty - bacon sandwich
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what the hell is a bacon butt? did i ask this once before? The damn thing sounds like a major pork shoulder part

Bacon ButtY

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fOXTNn0m5dA/Sv-nVdfneBI/AAAAAAAAGao/GcUZw7CxswQ/s400/bacon-butty3.jpg

The recipe.

http://www.suite101.com/content/the-perfect-bacon-roll-a168812

This sort of "food" is said to be good for hangovers.