The Royal Wedding: Is The Coverage Media Overkill?

Lash

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2020 04:04 pm
Meg and Harry, not too keen on being full-time royals (gotta say, I anticipated a diversion from business as usual) and their pretty impactful statement was not discussed with The Fam before public release.

I want to see THIS episode of The Crown...
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2020 04:18 pm
@Lash,
Talk over here is of the waste of public money doing a house up only for them to **** off.

I've never seen The Crown.
Lash

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2020 04:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Yeah, I thought that’s why they said they’d be using Frogmore as a second home. It’s embarrassing to spend that much money renovating and then leave. It puts their statement about months- long deliberation to a lie.

Sad for queenie and those who had a degree of confidence in their decisions.

Oh well.
McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Jan, 2020 05:13 pm
I'd say the real reason lies with the Queen and her distaste of Markle.

She is a tad racist.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 01:58 am
@Lash,
Sod the queen, that money could have been spent on the NHS.
engineer

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 07:56 am
@McGentrix,
I'd say more with the tad racist tabloid press. Looking forward to seeing how Harry's lawsuit against the Sun and the Daily Mirror plays out.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 07:58 am
@engineer,
My wife is a bit of a "Royal Watcher" and she noticed at Christmas time there were no pictures of Markle on the piano (?) but pictures of everyone else. Just saying, ya know?
engineer

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 08:02 am
@McGentrix,
Given the current issues with Prince Andrew, you would think the family would not court more controversy.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 09:31 am
@engineer,
I do0n't think they're courting controversy at all. I think they want out, and I don't blame them.
engineer

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 09:38 am
@izzythepush,
I was thinking more of potential snubs of Harry and Megan like leaving the picture off the piano. Were I the royal publicist, I would make sure that each royal grandson was equally represented in as many ways as possible so that royal watchers wouldn't stir up rumors.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 09:41 am
Quote:
An executive producer on The Crown says it's unlikely the show will ever cover today's big news about the royal family.

"To be honest, whatever the life of The Crown is after where we are now, I doubt we'll ever go as far into the present day," Suzanne Mackie told PA.

After the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they were "stepping back" from being "senior" royals, the award-winning Netflix drama started trending on Twitter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-51044836
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 09:43 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I was thinking more of potential snubs of Harry and Megan like leaving the picture off the piano.

I was unaware of that. I'm English so I'm not that bothered about the Royal family. I feel about them the same way I feel about the post office.

The Queen will do what she wants, she always has in the past. The criticism levelled at her after the death of Diana made no difference at all.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 03:26 pm
@izzythepush,
I’m SURE if I lived there, I’d agree exactly. Let them go.

(Of course, if a pissed off former colony wanted to kidnap Harry Meg and Archie and send pieces of them to HRH for a jabillion dollars,... I’m sure there are contingencies we may not be thinking of.

Security probably disappears when you cease being ‘a senior member of the Royal family’.

And—is the Crown afraid to parse off the royal family because the whole shebang will follow rapidly?

Interesting...)
izzythepush

Reply Thu 9 Jan, 2020 03:49 pm
@Lash,
I'm sure they can make a **** ton, Sarah Ferguson did.

I'm just sick of this story taking up so much space.

Security will always be a problem. Elton John isn't a Royal but he has security issues.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 11:27 am
The tabloid/gutter press seems more pissed off with Harry and Meghan than they are with Andrew.

Says it all.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 11:40 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

I was thinking more of potential snubs of Harry and Megan like leaving the picture off the piano.

I don't think it has anything to do with Meghan's race. Harry isn't a Royal, his father is James Hewitt, the bloke his mum had an affair with.

I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking.

Harry looks like James Hewitt, he looks nothing like Charles.

The only way we'll ever know the truth is if Harry looks like becoming king, but that won't happen.
McGentrix

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 01:01 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Prince Harry is almost certainly not Hewitt's son—despite the striking physical resemblance. And while their twinning vibes do have us positively shewk, please note that Royal biographer Penny Junor claimed that back in 2003 the News of The World tested Prince Harry's hair (take this with a huge grain of salt) and the test was negative. "The News of the World even had strands of Harry’s hair DNA-tested in February 2003," Juror wrote. "And if Harry had been shown to be James Hewitt’s son, you can be sure we’d have known."

link
izzythepush

Reply Fri 10 Jan, 2020 01:06 pm
@McGentrix,
The News of the World. Wow.

Murdoch would say that, anything else would damage the monarchy, and Rupert is a bloody monarchist.
0 Replies