Share one story about "Position"

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 03:27 am
[Today, I found a short story in Chinese. Here I wanna share it with you everybody. Hope you like it. In this way, I also can train my translation, haha.......]

There is a corral in which lived a pig, a sheep and a dairy cow.

One day, the farmer came to the corral and seized the pig. The pig howled sadly with vigorous resistance.

The sheep and dairy cow couldn't understand and said: We never howl when he catches us.

The pig cried: We are different. He just needs your fur and milk when he caught you. But for me, he wants my life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 727 • Replies: 5
No top replies

McTag

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 03:48 am
@Rachel Muse,

Very good, very true.

We speak of a sheep's wool, not "fur".
dadpad

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 03:59 am
@Rachel Muse,
Your english translation is quite good. Congratualations
The US is the only country that uses the word Corral. Whilst corral is not incorrect there are other ways to express this. Pen or stockyard are two other ways to express "corral".
Vigerous resistance is descriptive of the pig howl in your sentence. I dont think it is possible to howl with vigorous resistance. The pig could howl loudy and put up vigorous resistance.
Is howl the best word to describe a pig noise? A pigs noise is usually described as grunt. If a pig were angry and annoyed it would squeal.
Sheep are usually described as having wool not fur.

Here is another way to write your parragraph.
There is a pen in which lived a pig, a sheep and a dairy cow.
One day, the farmer came to the pen and seized the pig. The pig squealed loudly and put up vigorous resistance.
The sheep and dairy cow couldn't understand and said: We never moo or baaa when he catches us.
The pig cried: We are different. He just needs your wool and milk when he catches {caught} you. But from {for} me, he wants my life.
Ionus

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 04:44 am
Quote:
Share one story about "Position"

Ah NUTS ! I thought this thread would be about sex positions .
0 Replies

Rachel Muse

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 08:17 am
@McTag,
Thank you very much.
I want to correct it, but it showed that "You can't edit this post now". Why?And how to slove it?
0 Replies

Rachel Muse

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 08:21 am
@dadpad,
Wow, very impressive.
Thank you for your help and explanation in details.
^_^
0 Replies