left M.Tech degree =?

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 09:45 am

In " as faculty member tought to Ph.D students," the word "to" should be dropped?

Context:

Anurag chaurasia said: Now a days Ph.D. degree is earned by having good relation with the supervisor rather than by doing good science which have diluted the gravity of the degree itself. Infact a competent science student rarely require Ph.D to excel.Many discoveries have been made by those who have no formal science degree. I myself is scientist with Govt. of India having only M.Sc. degree(left M.Tech degree as it was not making any significant improvement in me) as faculty member tought to Ph.D students, published many papers,executed the projects, editorial board member/reviewer of many intenational journals and deciding the fate of many Ph.D holder senior researchers.
Anurag chaurasia, ICAR, India, [email protected], [email protected], +919452196686(M)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 939 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JPB

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 09:52 am
@oristarA,
That's the least of the problems with that paragraph, ori. But the phrase you're pointing to could be stated as "a faculty member instructing Ph.D students".

Tought to (or even "taught to") is incorrect.

left M. Tech degree means she started out pursuing an education in medical technology but left that course of training to pursue something else. Again, the entire thing is very poorly written.
oristarA

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 09:56 am
@JPB,
Thank you.
0 Replies