(b)(4) USP? Why not "USP (b)(4)" ?

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 12:26 am

(b)(4) USP is a drug?

Context:

Within fifteen working days of receipt of this letter, please notify this office in writing of the specific steps that you have taken to correct deviations. Include an explanation of each step being taken to prevent the recurrence of deviations and copies of supporting documentation. If you cannot complete corrective action within fifteen working days, state the reason for the delay and the date by which you will have completed the correction. Additionally, your response should state if you no longer manufacture or distribute (b)(4) USP and (b)(4) USP, and provide the date(s) and reason(s) you ceased production. Please identify your response with FEI # 3003585759.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 798 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 02:25 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
(b)(4) USP is a drug?

Is b4 a drug?
There is insufficient information to determine anything about (b)(4) USP.
Who is the letter from? who is the letter dircted to?
The writer and the reciever will have a list of products that correspond.
oristarA

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 05:41 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Quote:
(b)(4) USP is a drug?

Is b4 a drug?
There is insufficient information to determine anything about (b)(4) USP.
Who is the letter from? who is the letter dircted to?
The writer and the reciever will have a list of products that correspond.

It's from the letter I posted in the thread titled "the Mood of the Letter..." An FDA letter.
dadpad

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 05:51 am
@oristarA,
Yes I know that It is from the letter now. There is still not enough information.
(b)(4) USP may be a compound or an ingredient, a ready to use drug, a food additive such as a preservative or colouring or other food additive. It really could be many things.
oristarA

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 06:00 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Yes I know that It is from the letter now. There is still not enough information.
(b)(4) USP may be a compound or an ingredient, a ready to use drug, a food additive such as a preservative or colouring or other food additive. It really could be many things.

Thank you.

I wonder why the grammatical form of a compound is not USP (b)(4) but (b)(4) USP. Since USP refers to United States Pharmacopoeia.
contrex

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 07:46 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
I wonder why the grammatical form of a compound is not USP (b)(4) but (b)(4) USP. Since USP refers to United States Pharmacopoeia.

English is not algebra; there does not have to be one single rule governing how abbreviations and references are formed. Clearly the standard style adopted by the United States Pharmacopoeia is as you see.
oristarA

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 07:59 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

English is not algebra; there does not have to be one single rule governing how abbreviations and references are formed. Clearly the standard style adopted by the United States Pharmacopoeia is as you see.

Thanks
0 Replies