Tacky Neighbor "Decorations" ie crap

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:35 pm
@chai2,
Maybe a neighborly gift of a gardening book would help.

Here are some popular and very informative basic gardening books for beginners. Both are around $10.:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511D1VnU3xL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61XO%2BTGryaL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

chai2

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:51 pm
@Eva,
HA! That's really funny Eva, and I'll tell you why...

She NDN, has never for an instant had any doubt in her mind, before during and after her pregnancy exactly how everything would go, what, when and where with the kid.
and I'll be damned if it hasn't gone exactly as she said.
Baby NDN is an extremely easy going child. Happy all the time, actually wants to go take a nap when he's tired, I've never seen him (or either mom or dad) look the least bit untidy, let alone messy, etc. etc. He really is a cool little kid, is really smart for his age, I could go on...

If you were to ask her, she'd tell you that raising little NDN is just what she thought it would be.
She has time now to go to workout bootcamp, goes off with her other mommy friends and their little ones to do all sorts of stuff, her house inside is immaculate, and baby NDN toys are never laying around unless he's playing with them. I've never seen them bring home take away food, or have a pizza delivered.

Crap, last month, mom and baby went to Florida on a two week vacation, leaving dad at home. She was meeting up with some girlfriends, and when they came back, both mom and baby looked well rested and tan. While they were gone, baby NDN took his first steps, and dad wasn't deprived of it because it has been captured on video on her cell phone.

In short, it's the creepiest thing you've ever seen. Laughing

Naw, before baby even in the oven, the great outdoors was not a priority. They had planted some kind of grass that was meant to grow long. It kinda waved in the breeze, looked really good.

chai2

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 07:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Maybe a neighborly gift of a gardening book would help.

Here are some popular and very informative basic gardening books for beginners. Both are around $10.:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511D1VnU3xL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61XO%2BTGryaL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Uh uh. That would not be a good idea.

Seriously, I think if I just mentioned casually that their landscaping needs more water, and connect it to the money they've put out, they will be interested in protecting their investment.

For instance, one time when he was planting (are you getting the drift that she directs and he carries out assignments) I was out there puttering, and feeding some plants with fish emulsion. I showed him the bottle and said "This stuff is really good for new plantings, want to try some?"
He said "Oh yeah! Thanks"
Then he proceded to carefully read the directions (unlike me, who just just pours a few globs in an empty water jug, and fills with water), and just as carefully applied the recommended amount to each plant.

But, since I didn't mention "that's a good thing to put on them every one in a while" I'm sure he believes that one application is forever.

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 08:16 pm
@chai2,
Ooh, that IS creepy!

And to think, they sounded so...so...normal!

Laughing
chai2

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 08:42 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:

Ooh, that IS creepy!

And to think, they sounded so...so...normal!

Laughing

Oh yeah, my friend neighbor, the one with the tree that fell in her yard, had this to say...
Now, keep in mind this woman is phychologist. She is one of the kindest people I know. She has 2 kids, 6 and 1.25. She was venting to me because she knows I listen to her. Sometimes, and she'll admit it, she has doubts about how good a parenting job she does (she's wonderful) and just needs to "fall apart" once in a while.
During her tree episode vent, she said "oh, I shouldn't say this, I just shouldn't..."
I gave her permission to say it.
She looked around to make sure her oldest wasn't nearby to hear, and she said "I just wish that she would **** UP once in a while!"

Yeah, really creepy.

Eva

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2011 09:05 pm
@chai2,
It could happen.

I've seen a number of couples with "perfect" first children whose second child was hell on wheels.
0 Replies