Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 11:54 am
@JTT,
I'd prefer an accident to occur
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 11:54 am
@JTT,
I know - there is a little boy that would probably take $5 for accidently breaking said garden displays.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 01:13 pm
@chai2,
No, I didn't say you'd do that - I was implying my concrete might be more important than his tree.

What would be really funny, if you haven't said anything to him and I can't remember if you had, is if you moved that tree in the middle of the night and planted it properly, well away from where it could do damage Smile That's likely what I would do, heh heh
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 01:15 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

I guess saying to prospective buyers "sorry about the crap over there, it's not ours it's our horrible neighbors', but they're litigation-happy so I couldn't do anything about it... um but I'm sure they'd love YOU if you bought the place, hey have you seen the granite countertops??" wouldn't be a good idea.

I don't think that's too likely to impress a buyer - horrible, litigious neighbours!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 01:31 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
If a machine usually called a weed eater gets too close to a tree it can severely hurt the bark; if as is usual, the person holding the weed eater moves around the tree trying to trim the weeds, but does it too closely, this will be a ring cut through the bark. Not at all good for a tree.
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 01:36 pm
@ossobuco,
What do you think such an eater would do to some tacky bee lawn stakes?
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:00 pm
@Mame,
oh and Mame can be a bit of a rebel too...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:04 pm
@Linkat,
Is it possible to turn their junk into planters and disguise them with a long flowing vine type plant? In the middle of the night you can just fill it with planting mix and plants and blame it on local guerrilla gardeners who must have struck during the night.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:08 pm
@Linkat,
They'd be lawn stake tossed salad..
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:08 pm
@Mame,
I'm too lazy mame. I have more important things to do, like play bubble spinner.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:10 pm
@Mame,
Yes, that was the point. Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:
. . . Is it possible to turn their junk into planters and disguise them with a long
flowing vine type plant? . . .

Another drive-by vining
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:19 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Is it possible to turn their junk into planters and disguise them with a long flowing vine type plant? In the middle of the night you can just fill it with planting mix and plants and blame it on local guerrilla gardeners who must have struck during the night.

that's way too much work.

disguise with a flowing vine type plant? That would make the crap stand out even more.

Pay no attention to the crap behind the fine.

I say linkat start a grease fire in her kitchen, and has to run out of the house with a flaming pan.

"OMG, I'm sorry, the pan was on fire and was licking at my arms, so I threw it away from my body, and it landed on your beautiful lawn ornaments. They went up like dry tinder.

If you're going to have to work, you might as well put some fun into it.
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:20 pm
@Butrflynet,
Maybe I can disguise myself as the landscapers and just heap lots and lots of mulch on top it.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:33 pm
Maybe add a sign saying

THIRD ANNUAL TACKY DECORATIONS CONTEST
***FINALISTS***
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:33 pm
@chai2,
Great idea but our kitchen is at the opposite side of the house and it would be much easier to run out the kitchen door rather than run from the kitchen through the dining room and living room up the stairs and then out the door.....

Wait a minute they are just dumb enough to believe that

either that I can light the crap on fire and then lay the cigar that is frequently left outside on their stoop and claim the cigar did it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 02:53 pm
@chai2,
Now THAT sounds like too much work - Linkat - just throw a tarp over the **** Smile

Or put up a FOR SALE sign in front of it - yeah, you could make a few bucks that way.

Or just go over there at midnight and remove everything and then the next morning ask them "What happened to your stuff? Did you sell it? Someone came by the other day wanting to buy it."

And while you're out at midnight, nip on over to Chai's place and replant that tree somewhere safe.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:46 pm
@George,
I really like George's sign idea.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 06:21 am
@ossobuco,
Maybe in the 1960s or '70s, I put up a hammuk,
driving a nail into one of my maple trees in my backyard, for support. Nice n shady.

I felt guilty when he started bleeding (or sap fell out).
He has since recovered very well, tho my hammuk has worn out.

David
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 07:47 am
@George,
Or a sign saying "free crap."

I keep hoping the neighborhood delinquents will run wild in my yard and leave it trimmed at about two inches....