Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:08 pm
@Linkat,
this is the closest:

http://images.drillspot.com/pimages/1477/147750_100.jpg

Their's is even more tacky.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:13 pm
Why not just get a nice-looking big planter and bigger plant of your own to put on your side of the common area so it will act as a screen to block their decor?
Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:18 pm
@Butrflynet,
The way things are set up, it wouldn't block it and you would end up blocking part of the walk way. If I can figure how to download pictures off my phone I can post for your enjoyment. There really isn't that much room in between the three doors.

When we talked to the maintenance guy, we told him that our realtor said we should remove that person stuff outside if possible. We used that as a reason to bring it up - and acted as if we didn't know if the yucky neighbors put it there or are nice neighbor - although we full well knew. He said he would talk to each of them.
Mame

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 04:32 pm
Chai - even though he might not have figured out about the tree roots upsetting your concrete, if you'd told him about it and asked him to move the tree, maybe suggesting a better place, he may have done that. It'd be sad to poison a tree because of an idiot, but I sure wouldn't let my concrete get ruined because someone's brain dead.
chai2

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 05:53 pm
@Mame,
I didn't poisen any tree.

Why would you think I'd do that?
dadpad

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:10 pm
Trimming grass around a small tree using a line trimmer often ends up ringbarking the tree if your not really really careful.
dadpad

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:13 pm
We've lost a several solar lights and pot plants to theives over the last few years from our front yard. (Hint Hint)
chai2

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:20 pm
@chai2,
ok, I guess I didn't describe this "tree" adequately, or Johns style of landscaping/gardening.

See this picture? It looks better (seriously) than what he planted, after a week or two.

http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/images/scots_pine_seedling_killed_by_thrashing.jpg

In height, it came up to my knee cap. He planted it when it was still reaching 100 degrees outside. He put it in the ground, and I don't believe he ever looked at it, or watered it. He didn't even plant it with a ditch around it, which didn't matter, because he didn't water it.

Basically, it was a knee cap high stick, sticking out of the ground.

So, basically it was dead by the time the "incident" happened, in the middle of winter. Believe me, he wasn't gonna dig it up and put it somewhere else.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:23 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

We've lost a several solar lights and pot plants to theives over the last few years from our front yard. (Hint Hint)

Yeah, that's what happens sometimes. That damn Anderson kid across the road, he's on the road to perdition. You just can't keep anything nice, like bumble bees on a stick, when he's around.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:26 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Trimming grass around a small tree using a line trimmer often ends up ringbarking the tree if your not really really careful.

That's true.

Sometimes that Anderson kids big dog gets out of the house in the wee hours of the morning, and runs riot through everyone's yards, knocking against all kinds of **** in a very rough way. I've even seen that damn dog trip and fall over on something, leaving it crushed and broken in its wake.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 06:30 pm
@dadpad,
I've lived through that when I took off to LA and bus/prtnr, very knowledgeable contractor, supervised, and dumpkopf ring barked some of my trees. Talk about breaking my heart.
JTT

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 07:59 pm
@George,
Her lawyer advises no contact with these folks and you and Cy think touching their property, moving their property is a good idea. I don't think so.

DO NOT TOUCH THEIR PROPERTY, Linkat.

Do what you are supposed to solve disputes according to the Condo/Townhouse Agreement.
George

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 08:39 pm
@JTT,
I stand by my advice.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 09:13 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I've lived through that when I took off to LA and bus/prtnr,
very knowledgeable contractor, supervised, and dumpkopf ring
barked some of my trees. Talk about breaking my heart.
Being an arboreally ignorant person: I have no idea of what caused your coronary fracture.

David
jcboy

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:03 am
@Green Witch,
Well, it is clear to me that they take meticulous care of their yard...you don't get this kind of art by just piling junk up...it takes careful planning and maintenance to achieve such a unique look! lol!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:39 am
The fact that you've got this legal history with them and that your lawyer has advised you not to even talk to them does worry me a bit, too. I think I remember you talking about them before, that sucks that you have such bad neighbors. It seems like you want to stay scrupulously legal tho lest you give them any ammo.

I hope the maintenance guy is able to resolve the issue...

I guess saying to prospective buyers "sorry about the crap over there, it's not ours it's our horrible neighbors', but they're litigation-happy so I couldn't do anything about it... um but I'm sure they'd love YOU if you bought the place, hey have you seen the granite countertops??" wouldn't be a good idea.
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 10:17 am
@sozobe,
Interesting thought sozobe - if they feel for it though most likely they would be just like our existing neighbors and get along swimmingly or else kill one another.

Actually any legal crap did not directly involve me, more likely because being my size and sex anyone with a tiny little brain would realize I wouldn't appear threatening thus making any slim accusations they currently have completely laughable.

But to be safe (and the lawyer knowing we plan on moving), he suggests that neither one of us communicate with them.

So instead they board and/or management gets to hear from me (I send on my work email as well) whenever they have infractions that impact us - things that you would address directly and normally with normal people. Like not vaccuming in the middle of the night - we do have a condo rule between certain hours you are not supposed to engage in certain things that are noisy - like vaccuming and moving furniture. So they regularly get emails now scolding them.

And I don't send a quarter of their violations - only things that directly impact. So if I don't see these things removed by Thursday - Friday morning I will esculate to the board/management company. I always explain that I would normally directly speak with my neighbors, but....the guy at the management company knows the deal so he is very helpful with us.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 10:18 am
And chai - you are one twisted chick -

I may have said that before -

as well as - I like that in a person.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 10:59 am
@George,
Compelling argument, George. You've convinced me.

Take their stuff to the dump, Linkat, or better yet, sell it to a second hand store.
George

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 11:05 am
@JTT,
Tsk, tsk.
0 Replies