Wondering

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 12:52 am
I think that I am beginning to notice something about my mother and my ex-fiancee brought it up to me several years ago. She once said that from what I told her, she thinks that my mother is trying to "get my attention". I think that she may be right. If my mother is trying to seduce me, what do I do? I don't want to tell my father because it might lead to divorce or, he will dismiss it and become upset with me. I am not completely convinced that my ex is right. Then again, I don't want to tell anyone that I think she is trying to attract me while not fully knowing if it is true and ruin her because of something that I thought was true. How can I find out if she really is? Any advice for solving this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 788 • Replies: 3
No top replies

laughoutlood

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 12:59 am
@StarBright,
Quote:
Any advice

Another appointment with your consultant psychiatrist.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 01:08 am
As with all relationships all will become obviouse later on in the song. Understand that there is difference between any fantasy you or she might have and reality. Reality hurts people you love fantasy hurts no one unless it becomes reality.

It is more probable your mother is trying to help you feel loved and cared for.
Dont make the mistake of bringing this to a head. just get on with your life and live it the way you want to.

Put any silly thougghts out of your mind by Enjoying a full and varied social life with friends your own age and make a life outside your family for yourself by studying or holding a job and being involved in groups clubs or sports. you will have to make a life for yourself eventually so you might as well start now

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:38 am
We can't tell because you say you "think" she is trying to seduce you.

What does "seduce" mean? sexually? financially? emotionally? physically? socially?

There have been instances of "emotional insest" between mother and son. There is nothing new to that.

You may want to tell your father that your mother needs more attention from HIM, becuase she is clinging to you too much.

This may be a problem between her and him, rather than one between you and her. Some mothers turn to their children for comfort when the marriage sucks.
0 Replies