Ab Doer Twist?

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 09:23 am
Since my back injury last year I can no longer do any ab work from a prone position... no crunches for sure and not a lot of high impact aerobics. I haven't really gained any weight but I have a significant loss of muscle tone. I have researched all these home ab exercisers and the majority opinion from both consumers and consumer groups is that this is one of the few that actually works well and does what it's intended to do.

anyone have any experience with these? I gotta do something, I feel like a slug.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 7,470 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 09:34 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I've been doing these ab workouts where you lie on the ground, with your legs straight out and your arms straight over your head. And you just lift your legs 3 inches, and hold 'em there. That's it. Sounds easy but after a minute or two it gets tough to hold onto. Would that work for your back? It engages the lower abs without having to bend your back, at least in my experience.

Sucks that your workout is impacted... I hurt a wrist in college - playing flag football and acting like a damn fool - and I couldn't do pushups or put any real tension on that wrist for a whole year.

Cycloptichorn
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 09:57 am
@Cycloptichorn,
I can't do anything that involves lying on my back...especially things that put pressure on the lower back and you're right ...it sucks
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:01 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I can't do anything that involves lying on my back...especially things that put pressure on the lower back and you're right ...it sucks

****. What about the opposite, lying on your belly? I've seen some stuff that uses negative tension to work out the abs.

Re: the Ab-doer, wish I could give ya advice, I've never used it. Online reviews that I just looked at are mixed.

You could always try a Bruce-Lee style electrical induction workout Smile

Cycloptichorn
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:12 am
Buy a balance ball ($10) and either sit on it while watching TV (it works your ab while you balance sitting on it) or do a non-invasive exercise like shown on the picture. Only slightly move back and forward on the ball, it will work your abs too, yet you're back is protected by the ball.

http://img4.realsimple.com/images/0911/abs-stability-ball_300.jpg
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 10:40 am
@CalamityJane,
I'm sitting on one right now and have been for a long time. Smile
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2011 11:05 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
What can I say - you're one step ahead already! Very Happy
0 Replies

nitnot

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 09:21 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
dont buy an ab doer twist, i bought one last summer thinking would get me a six pack as it proclaimed, it really didnt . the only thing that i felt it working was my arms, and even that wasnt really all that much. it really is quite a scam and definetly not good for getting a six pack. i used maximum reistance, with the best resistance rods and everything it suggested, still it was pathetic in what it did.
roger

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 01:37 pm
@nitnot,
Other people's experience is the best teacher. Thanks for passing that along.
0 Replies

nikita123

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 01:02 am
@nitnot,
Well, it worked wonders for me!!!
0 Replies

nikita123

Reply Wed 22 Jun, 2011 01:20 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Ab Doer Twist is worth a try. It really does work unlike other sky shopping products !!
joeygirl

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2012 10:57 pm
@nikita123,
oh my stars I do hope it works, because I just bought one
Hugs, joey
0 Replies

rahul rai

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2013 11:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
i think AB-DOER system's customer service,
0 Replies