America Does Not Want Foreign Tourism!

pistoff

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 07:26 pm
Welcome to 1984
It took a few more years to arrive but here we are.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:10 am
au1929, when seriously protecting one's home against burglars, only a fool or worse would leave some doors wide open! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:42 am
au1929 wrote:
Ceili
This too shall pass.

You need to pull your head out of the sand pal. You obviously just don't realise how completely detested the US is throughout the world. And you can forget about putting it down to jealousy. I can assure you that Australians have got NOTHING to be jealous of the US for.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:56 am
No matter what the efforts of the Administration, Americans as individuals have never been hated throughout the world.

However, the Supreme Court-appointed Bush cartel are proving incredibly successful at changing international opinion concerning the nation as a whole.

Even the once-mighty dollar has collapsed in international buying power against the corrupt Euro and other currencies. Something which the best financial experts on earth would have found unbelievable under Clinton.

Clearly, anyone voting for Bush this year must want more of the same. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:08 am
I'm no financial expert, but some of the opinion seems to say that the drop in the dollar isn't all gloom for the US. It certainly makes your exports more competitive.
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:26 am
It would certainly make tourism more attractive to foreigners and help to reduce the budget deficit, were the Administration not seeking to drive them to more welcoming shores.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:32 am
It also makes imports less competitive!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 10:56 am
I want to make one point clear.
The measure is not imposed into all incoming foreigners to the US.
It is imposed only to the nationals of those countries who need a visa to enter the USA.
This means Wilso, Ceili, Walter Hinteler, or our old friends Frolic and Ketamine are not scanned. I am.

Security, my arse!
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 11:16 am
John Webb wrote:
au1929, when seriously protecting one's home against burglars, only a fool or worse would leave some doors wide open! Rolling Eyes

And only an idiot would make it easy for a terrorist to board an airplane.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 11:34 am
Federal

AU wrote
Quote:
[IMO anything that can be done to minimize the risk is to me acceptable. .The contention that we do nothing since the terrorist will only find another way is absurd. Based on that why should people lock their doors after all a determined thief will find a way. The key word is minimize.

Webb wrote
Quote:
au1929, when seriously protecting one's home against burglars, only a fool or worse would leave some doors wide open!

Federal wrote

Quote:
And only an idiot would make it easy for a terrorist to board an airplane.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 05:47 am
Now Bush's Nazi-style regime in Miami have arrested and jailed a harmless and defenseless tourist from allied England for making the wrong silly joke on her way home. Even though the accused was a threat to no one.

I guess Bush knows Prime Minister Blair is too much of a yellow-bellied 'yes' man to do anything about it?

The Bush message is becoming stronger daily, WE DO NOT WANT TOURISTS, no matter how many Americans go broke as a result.

For more of the same, VOTE FOR BUSH in 2004! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 02:11 pm
Does anyone know how much tourism is worth to the economy annually?

It would be helpful to know how many more billions of dollars a year the Administration is putting at risk, to add to the budget deficit? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 11:09 am
The English tourist has now been released on bail and has not been required to hand in her passport, allowing her to return home.

Also, it would seem that there may have been a language pronunciation problem. What she actually said was that she had three 'bums' in her baggage, misinterpreted by security officers as bombs. I hear that when examined, her rucksack was found to contain photographs of Bush, Rumsfeld and Chaney.
:eek:
0 Replies