Husband's past reappearing.

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 12:37 am
So my husband's daughter just had a baby, the birth coincided with a tramatic event in my life. My problem is that I cannot share his joy, in fact when anything is mentioned about the daughter or baby I just get in a rage! This is all compounded by the fact that after going for years without speaking to his ex-wife, suddenly they are the best of friends. I also found out he took his ex-gf to lunch " to catch". Am I being ridiculous are these things to be concerned about? Any input would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 614 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 05:00 am
@sontobenn,
Quote:
So my husband's daughter just had a baby, the birth coincided with a tramatic event in my life.

When one has a traumatic event in one's life, often it is difficult to share in the joy of others. The problem is, that in your case, you seem to find it difficult to control your anger.

I have no idea whether the change in your husband's relationship with his ex, or meeting a gf for lunch means, "anything". What I DO know, is that "raining on his parade" could very well have negative effects on your marriage.

Have you discussed your feelings with your husband,quietly and w/o rancor? I think that the lines of communication must remain open, lest your husband share his joy with someone who will appreciate the happiness of him becoming a new grandfather.

0 Replies