Help me pick a movie please

chai2

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Quote:
We can bring in any movie we want for viewing.

Not sure how this is possible. Not sure if it's legal.

Already mentioned:
Babe
The Princess Bride

Not mentioned:
Finding Nemo
Ratatouille
Tootsie (1982)
Young Frankenstein (1974)

That's what I was told.
We rent a house in the theater, and can show what we want, since it's a private party.
She said they don't have a library of films, but if we don't want to watch what is offered currently at the theater, we can bring our own DVD or BlueRay.

They also rent the movie houses during the week for business meetings and supply all the A/V equipment, podium, whatever else is needed.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:04 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Ok your ahead of me and answered all my questions befor i asked them.
You must be psyco.
I read "The way things work" at the Alimo and that filled in some blanks.

Do you think a business like this would be popular in your area?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:08 pm
"Alimo?"

oooo, I'm feeling woozy, does anyone have a cool cloth for my forehead?

As Lyle Lovett would say "that's right you're not from Texas"

0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:12 pm
@chai2,
Im not a movie goer.

I get all romantic and cuddley at the cinema and she "JUST WANTS TO WATCH THE MOVIE" so i dont go anymore.
Quote alongs might be fun.
I can see The blues brothers playing there quite a bit.
Were on a mission from god.

We have a community supported armchair cinema here. the smallest screen room seats 8 ( i think) in recliners.
the larger rooms have a few 3 seater beanbags (which the teens just love). as well as conventional seating.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:22 pm
that's right I'M not from Texas.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:36 pm
am i the only adult who would NOT want to sit and watch a cartoon?
Linkat

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 08:39 am
@chai2,
I just remembered an old classic comedy - I do believe there is a newer version, but the original old one was good....
"Lady Killers". It really depends on what people like overall. Tough to pick something that covers all likes.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 11:30 am
Baby Doll.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 11:44 am
Some movies that I think have wide appeal:

"North By Northwest"
"Silver Streak"
"Blazing Saddles"
"The Three Musketeers" (the 1973 version with Michael York, Richard Chamberlain, Faye Dunaway, and Racquel Welch)
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 02:45 pm
You night also want to consider something a little off the beaten track, such as
Big Fish
or
The Illusionist
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 03:01 pm
@shewolfnm,
Do you not get a laugh out of "Futurama, Family Guy,
Simpsons or American Dad" ?
They can be hilarious, give 'em a shot. Razz
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:02 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

am i the only adult who would NOT want to sit and watch a cartoon?

I wouldn't either, in particular.

Gotten some good suggestions here folks.
I was talking with one of the managers this morning, and she mentioned she and her BF watched Secretariat. She said she really enjoyed it, and thought most of the people who would be there would too.
When I sent out the email to get a list of who's coming, I asked for any and all suggestions, and if there is a specific trend toward a particular movie, that's what we'll get. I don't care one way or the other what is shown.

Uh, not to criticize, seriously, but one must keep one's audience in mind.

Wayne, many people would get into something off the beaten track, but, well, I don't know how to put this than to say a lot of the people that will be there aren't exactly artsy people, and don't want to be partiularly mentally challenged by the nuances and interpretations of what was meant in a particular scene.

We're talking about a lot of people who get up at 3am to be at work at 3:30, work 12 or more hours, and then have to get home to feed the kids, run their lives, and be in bed by 9pm, so they can get up and do it all over again. A lot of them work 3 days for us, then go work the alternating 3 days for another company in the same business, and Sunday is there one true day of rest. I've known many of these people for years, quite a number of them I was involved in their hire

They are great at taking care of patients, and have hearts of gold, but in general, philosophers they're not. They work really hard.

Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 10:13 am
@chai2,
Quote:
I was talking with one of the managers this morning, and she mentioned she and her BF watched Secretariat. She said she really enjoyed it, and thought most of the people who would be there would too.

I WIN - I WIN
chai2

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 11:38 am
@Linkat,
Calm down Mr. Sheen.
Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 11:48 am
@chai2,
Please, I don't have much in my pathetic life - the least I can do is choose the right movie.
chai2

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 02:35 pm
@Linkat,
So, this was better than the thrill of online shopping?

wow, thanks
Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 03:19 pm
@chai2,
Well its up there - and just think that was my last thrill.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 03:20 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Calm down Mr. Sheen.

And all without drugs.
0 Replies

kathirine

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 11:19 pm
@chai2,
How about God is Crazy
It is a comedy.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 09:05 am
I happened to catch, Tootsie last night on cable. I hadn't seen it in many years, and was delighted to watch it again. It really is a great film with a marvelous performance by Hoffman. It's hard to imagine anyone not liking this movie.
0 Replies