ace in the hole

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 01:10 pm
Need your thoughts. My wife is filing for uncontested divorce. We have a minor child, we've agreed upon everything, she lives her life and I live mine. However, since neither of us is paying child support...I have a "what if" scenario. When my wife and I lived together, she forged my name on various things to obtain money. By signing the divorce papers, is this signing away my rights to prosecute her if necessary? I mean currently, as long as she doesn't do anything to bother me i will show her the same courtesy. Or since the forgery would be criminal charges and divorce cival, am I comparing apples to oranges?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,145 • Replies: 11
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 02:08 pm
@juliebug1214,
Uh, you've probably already forfeited your rights in the matter by going along with things.

Consult an attorney to confirm.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 05:56 pm
@juliebug1214,
This is confusing. Which are you 'cause the other day on the previous thread you were the wife?
juliebug1214

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 10:50 am
@Ragman,
What difference does it make to the question really???? I could have been asking for a friend, you don't know that. Let's keep to the subject here.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 10:52 am
@juliebug1214,
juliebug1214 wrote:

What difference does it make to the question really???? I could have been asking for a friend, you don't know that.

Yaknow, I'm with Ragman on this: I think it sorta does make a difference.

Quote:
Let's keep to the subject here.

Good luck with that now.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 10:54 am
@Ragman,
can't wait for the next thread, i'm guessing he/she/it posts as the minor child Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 11:56 am
@juliebug1214,
jespah wrote:
Consult an attorney to confirm.

Yes ... and be sure to figure out who's who before you do.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 04:55 pm
@juliebug1214,
I would think that if the advice was for a friend, you'd have taken the simple route and write that it was for a friend. But, no matter.

The best advice you can be given, already WAS given.

Seek out the advice of a lawyer as this a legal matter. Of course, you should soon have a lawyer already seeing that the divorce is the pathway on which you are headed.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:13 pm
@juliebug1214,
I'm confused as to the whether or not this related discussion is from the same person. It seems like it is.

http://able2know.org/topic/169701-1#post-4549700
djjd62

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2011 07:16 pm
@Ragman,
maybe, like the kid, they're sharing the computer in the divorce Razz
Ragman

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 01:32 am
@djjd62,
I'm making some neat shadow-puppets. I got me a nice Asian bunny rabbit going now..and one of JGoldman, too. Arghh..trying to do one of a lawyer is hard...(sharks aren't easy).
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 03:09 am
@juliebug1214,
I would love to tell you that by being fair, and reasonable, he will never, ever, I mean you will never, ever, "dob" on the forgery....

But, one little bit of anger one day and he will, I mean you will....Why because the question is being asked here, that means it's in his mind, I mean your mind...

You/he whom ever broke the law, a signature that is not yours will be noticable..

I think you definately need to speak to a lawyer ...
0 Replies