I don't understand the latter part of the sentence ...

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 05:04 am
Square is a service that allows any individual or small business to easily accept payment by credit card; users simply download an app, attach a plastic square to a tablet or a mobile phone, and then swipe a card through a slot
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,033 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 06:44 am
You need to be more explicit about what part of the sentence you have failed to understand. You're not going to get an answer unless you are more specific about the part which confuses you.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 06:46 am
Well, apparently this company, called "Square", has a device that can be attached to the computer or phone. It can accept credit cards.

But you have all the information, so I don't really know.

0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 06:57 am
@kkfengdao,
I'll just wait for the loop to close.
possibly VM
0 Replies

kkfengdao

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 07:46 am
sorry,I don't understand the word "tablet" in the sentence, and "swipe a card through a slot ", thanks!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 07:52 am
@kkfengdao,
a tablet in this context is a flat portable computer.

swipe a card through a slot.
Do you have credit/debit cards in China?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 08:07 am
I saw one of these in action last weekend--it's very cool.

In the US, pulling the credit card thru a card reader is called "swiping the card".

This reader looks like a square of white plastic, maybe an inch and a half on a side, and maybe a half inch deep, with a slot thru it lengthwise. and a plug on the other side that you plug into the jack on your smartphone or tablet computer. It's basically a very small cardreader. You download the application, plug it in, and process the credit card wherever you are, the same as processing a credit card in a store, except the reader is very small and the phone/computer isn't connected to a phone line.
0 Replies