OBVIOUS TROLL

Ragman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:53 am
@joefromchicago,
Bing, bing, BING!
Give the man a Rubber ceegar!

I'm also watching the dynamics develop and diminish of an online forum community. This all makes me curious about negativity breeding negativity. Discussions about trolls, talking about who trolls and who doesn't - does any of this shed light on much long-standing polarity on A2K as a community? Or is this all just random behavior? Can the community improve or is it every man and woman for themselves?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:58 am
I think this is a case of "if a tree falls in the forest does it make a noise if no one is around to hear it?". Our troll does not believe he is a troll, and thus will not come to this thread because he does not believe it refers to him. The argument is moot if the troll does not come to the dinner bowl.
ehBeth

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:01 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
But I'm sure he doesn't see it that way, and you probably don't either.

I certainly do.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:56 am
@joefromchicago,
No, i don't see it that way. I engage some people for a certain amount of time, but eventually simply stop if i think they're trolling. Engaging those whom you consider idiots very likely means talking to just about anyone at all. While it's true that the person who inspired this thread is annoying, i haven't read any thread of his for weeks and weeks (except for looking at the post linked in this thread). I was moved to this by the names of those who have posted on a thread of his which i see as i scroll past his threads. And, given that he has said that he has me on ignore, this was not a thread to attract his attention, in that on that basis he wouldn't even had known this thread existed.

I haven't personally called Ragman a troll, but his decency and intelligence has nothing to do with the number of times he engages any particular troll. One could be the most decent, most intelligent person here and still be feeding trolls, so that bit of silly encomium is irrelevant to the subject.

To repeat, the original subject didn't "get my goat." I dropped out of his threads weeks ago. I was just bemused that i see the names of so many reasonably intelligenct people's names responding to this threads. If you think my standards are so low (and after all, i do respond to you, so maybe you have a point), i wonder that you bother to respond here.
joefromchicago

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:41 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

No, i don't see it that way.

Thanks for proving my point.
ossobuco

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 11:58 am
@Setanta,
Aha, good thinking.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 12:03 pm
..."Ye have troubled me to make me to stink among the inhabitants of the land, among the Canaanites and the Perizzites: and I [being] few in number, they shall gather themselves together against me, and slay me; and I shall be destroyed, I and my house."

genesis 34:30
0 Replies

Old Goat

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 03:05 pm
If this thread is about who I think it is, then I initially responded to a few threads until I realised that he took no bloody notice at all and just continued with whatever rant was getting his rocks off at that particular time.

Now, I just metaphorically fart in his general direction and go read something else.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 03:13 pm
@joefromchicago,
Feeble consolation, that . . . your allegation about everyone having their own trolls doesn't at all address the question of why one would feed them. There are three or four people here whom i consider trolls, enough so that i don't read their posts, and therefore am not moved to respond to them, thereby "feeding" them. For those few people, some i have not read in literally years. As usual, your "point" is not relevant.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:49 pm
One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

What the hell is a "troll" anyway?

Based on how it is used in this forum, it certainly seems to be a poster who irritates or angers the person who has named them "troll."

We can ignore anyone in this forum, and if you find no pleasure in engaging with someone, you should ignore them.

Starting a thread about feeding a "troll" which apparently everyone but me has identified, is either "feeding the troll," or behaving like a middle-schooler.

But what do I know? I turn to stone when sunlight hits me.
Ragman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Turn to Stone
0 Replies

Ragman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
One of my fave commercials:
Below viewing threshold (view)
Setanta

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 03:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Typical jackass reply from Finn, who likely didn't read the thread, or failed to understand it. The point of the thread is to tell others to ignore trolls. I had no intention of feeding the troll, and would not have if some clown (a lot like you) had not linked this thread in one of his. He has me on ignore, so he never would have found it himself.

You're so brilliant Finn, you come in long after the shouting has stopped, to say what the thread has already said. I doubt not at all the you preen yourself on your wisdom.
Setanta

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 03:14 am
@Ragman,
That's a good one, i enjoyed that when first i saw it.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 24 Mar, 2011 11:38 am
@joefromchicago,
Agreed, Setanta IS ONE OF THE WORST POSTERS HERE. He is an INSTIGATOR.
0 Replies