OBVIOUS TROLL

dadpad

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 03:52 am
@Setanta,
some music to pass the time and as a welcome distraction

0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 03:54 am
Entertainment digressions are always welcome . . .
0 Replies

firefly

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:17 am
@Setanta,
Stop playing games. Your opening post made clear your intention with this thread and exactly who you were talking about. You wanted to know why people were continuing to respond to this particular troll.

Whatever you said in this thread after that doesn't change your initial post which describes your intention with this thread. You created another thread about him, and asked why people continue to feed him. And, in so doing, you were feeding him. Claiming he has you on ignore, and therefore he wouldn't see this thread, is a rather lame excuse for devoting another thread to him and asserting you weren't feeding him.

In your response to Punkey you simply broadened your initial question a bit beyond, "the one whom i have in mind"--reiterating that you clearly had a specific person in mind when you started this thread. This thread wasn't titled, Why Do People Feed The Trolls.

Believe me, even if he doesn't post in this thread, he's following it. Do you think he'd miss it, particularly after someone pointed him to it? He's feeding on it.

This is your doing. It's your thread. It's troll food. Take your buck back.

Below viewing threshold (view)
firefly

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:42 am
@Setanta,
Your memory must be going...re-read your opening post.

Setanta said:
Quote:
We have an obvious troll here, one who starts many, many threads, and then yells at people, rants, quotes scripture, indulges antisemitism and other religious and racial prejudices . . .

But my question is, why do you keep feeding this troll? I am happy to acknowledge that i played with the troll for a while, but i stopped. Why do the rest of you keep feeding him? I ask this because every time i see one of this troll's threads, i see that people--often intelligent, thoughtful people--are responding to the idiocy.

Face it, buddy, you started a thread about him--you fed the little troll a whopping meal.

So, what's your fascination with this troll? Why do you start threads about him?

Quote:
If you continue your hysteria, i'll just stop reading your posts.

Laughing Good, put me on "Ignore". Laughing
Setanta

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:49 am
I don't put anyone "on ignore." If i get tired of your attempts to bully and your hysteria, i'll just stop reading your bullshit. I've already explained why i started this thread, and i pointed out long ago that this is not necessarily about just that one individual. And it wasn't feeding that individual until that jackass made that post. If, as that particular troll said, he ignores me, it still isn't feeding that troll.

I also won't be feeding you, troll.
edgarblythe

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:51 am
While trolling through the park one day
In the merry month of May
I was taken by surprise
By a pair of roguish eyes - - -
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 04:53 am
Just humor. Not intended for anyone in particular.
0 Replies

Ragman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:47 am
@Setanta,
The fact is, you just fed him. Trolls come and go. It would be vastly different if he was clever or more interesting.

So....I feel that ...Silence is golden.

Can't we go back to picking on each other again? WAHHHHH! He gets all the attention these days.
ehBeth

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:01 am
@Ragman,
seriously.

another one of the offenders checks in.

sheesh.
Ragman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:13 am
@Setanta,
the fact is that the tone of my post was intended at humor but you chose to make things unpleasant. My observation of your forum behavior is that often times your contributions are some of the more troll-like or more unpleasant on this forum. You are so often so scathingly critical of others but yet fail to see how you drag down threads with your surly self-important behavior.

Just my own observation. (Waiting for you to mark down my thread here too).
Ragman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:15 am
@ehBeth,
And your contribution is what ... innocent? Very useful elucidating contribution.

I'm interested in raising the level of entertainment and positivity. Anyone else interested or is their more venom and pissing contests in the queue?

I'm done.
Ragman

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:35 am
@Setanta,
Just so that it's clear about my own contribution to that particular situation, regardless of my pushback at you about your behavior.. I do listen to constructive, worthwhile criticism. I will desist with my own negative interaction with this particular person.

It just isn't entertaining anymore and no longer makes it fun to log into A2K.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:36 am
@Ragman,
Your tone wasn't evident, so perhaps you need to work on your delivery. A comedian you ain't. I don't mark posts up or down, just as i don't put people on ignore. If you're going . . . bye, don't let the door hit ya in the ass.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:05 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
... But don't keep trying to bully me about this, because you are pretty damned trollish yourself--you take over threads with your hysterical rants on a regular basis.

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/5647/fstdtpotkettle5.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:09 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

And your contribution is what ... innocent?

it's an indication of how tired I am of you and firefly's (among others) incessant poking at folks

it's one of the reasons I'd started backing away from the site. I often come in only if Set asks me if I've read/seen a thread (generally one of boomer's)

I try to stay away from the trolls and the pokers. I've started thumbing down threads and posts where I perceive either behaviour.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:40 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
another one of the offenders checks in.

Oh please! You're an enabler just like everyone else. We all complain about encouraging trolls, but we're only concerned about our trolls, the posters that annoy us. You happily engage with people that I have on ignore. That, in my opinion, makes you a troll-enabler. On the other hand, I, no doubt, engage with people who you consider to be trolls. I certainly wouldn't call Ragman a troll -- he's one of the few decent and intelligent people around. So I suppose that makes me an enabler in your book.

In my view, Setanta is one of the worst, since he doesn't seem to have any standards when it comes to engaging with some of the biggest idiots on this forum, yet he has the brass to start a thread like this asking why everyone is encouraging one particular poster that has managed to get his goat. Oh, the irony! But I'm sure he doesn't see it that way, and you probably don't either. Which just goes to prove my point: nobody is against all trolls, just against their trolls.