Mariage with a Sunni Boy

hanna21

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:15 pm
I am a girl from Ahmadi and love a boy who is Sunni muslim. I agree to convert and become a sunni muslim and we can marry. My mother is not willing to accept as she wanted me to marry a boy from Ahmadiyya. In this perspective i'll have to go against my mother and convert so i can marry.

The boy now is saying to me that i can continue talk and visit my parents but my kids will never go to my parents place as he thinks if my kids will go there my parents will influence. I told him that wont happen as i am already converting. also i would want my mother to know my kids and i can't really accept that my kids wont be allowed at my mother's place.
Can someone tell me if he is right in dong so. I know many people changing religion but they don't prevent kids from going at the inlaws place. He doesnt feel secure so he said this is to protect his kids.
I really don't know what to do now as i would really want tomorrow to be able to bring my kids at my parent's place.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,468 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:20 pm
I think you should hold off for a bit. This guys sounds really controlling and you don't seem to know that much about him. If he's already telling you that you won't see your family, what's next. Love is not about control, it's about growth.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 03:28 pm
@hanna21,
If you choose this marriage and convert, your parents will disown the children? Is this correct?

If so, you're forced into making a choice that means creation of a permanent rift with the parents - the people who brought you onto this earth. You have a horrible choice and there's a tug-of-war for your soul that is an unfair position in which you've been put.

The choice is your's, his and theirs. There is no right or wrong. It's up to you, your future husband and your parents. However, the answer has the potential to destroy any chance of future happiness if there's marriage with this man.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 01:34 am
Hanna, I second Ceili's advice.

What are your thoughts, hanna, on your kids going back to your family? Do you think your family will be a bad influence on them? If that is not the case, then your boyfriend is really being controlling. And you should probably give this whole situation a rethink.

But of course, you DON'T have to marry the guy your mom wants you to marry if you don't LOVE him.

Are you from India (just curious)? Ahmadiya sounds like one of those Muslim sects from India.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 02:11 am
Tell this boy you have to reconsider the marriage if the children are not allowed to see your parents.

Let us see what is really important to him.

Love and marriage are about caring for another persons feelings let us see if this boy cares for your feelings enough to allow YOUR children to see their grandparents.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2011 07:30 pm
there have been well-publicised attacks on Ahmadiyah Muslims in Indonesia, including brutal murders. These were undoubtedly influenced by a theological belief that Ahmadiyah adherents are apostates from true Islam. Although prominent Indonesian leaders were quick to express abhorrence for the attacks, many Indonesian Muslims have called for Ahmadiyahs to be outlawed.
0 Replies