Child support overgarnishment liability

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 12:09 pm
I have been ordered by the court to pay child support in which I have done now for over 10 years. I work for Dept of Defense, and just recently transferred between agencies and whuile attempting to have my child support order carried over i discovered the actual ammount on the court order has been $50 less all these years. I got a copy of my child support records from the state and it shows I have overpaid by $13,000. Upon reading the court order it states the responsibilities of the payor (emplorer) as being responsible and liable for correct garnishment. Can I go after my emplorer (in this case) DEFAS with the governemnt for this money I have overpaid?

Your Contact Info
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,601 • Replies: 1
No top replies

JP Cusick
Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:01 pm
You truly can not go after the over payment and they will make you to look and to feel like dirt if you try.

It is also possible that you might have miscalculated since the Child Support is usually based on a monthly basis while there are often 5 weeks in some months, so if you try calculating the c/s per pay period or per week (as 4 weeks per month) then it will often appear inaccurate when it is really just the law garnishing to the very last dime.

Sorry for being negative, but the Child Support is a negative business.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Child support overgarnishment liability
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/22/2024 at 10:17:47