0
   

Why can't they make any African-American sitcoms now that are good?

 
 
PhoebeKate
 
  1  
Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 01:06 am
I miss the Cosby Show. Maybe to get a PG rating, the newer sitcoms went through a lot of editing that the plots went haywire.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Wed 8 Jun, 2011 02:44 am
@PhoebeKate,
Amen and The Jeffersons were good.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  2  
Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 02:58 am
Read Between The Lines is a decent show:

http://www.bet.com/video/reedbetweenthelines/season-1/exclusives/rbtl-sneakpeek-s1.html

I used to watch Cosby because I liked Griffin:

http://cdmtribune.s3.amazonaws.com/showcards/v2/AllPhotos/184237/p184237_n17808_cc_v2_aa.jpg
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2021 07:30 pm
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 02:50 am
Man like Mobeen is pretty good, now in its 4th season.

There’s only a handful of American sitcoms I like, Bored to Death and Curb Your Enthusiasm are about it.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 05:47 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Reed Between The Lines is a decent show:

http://www.bet.com/video/reedbetweenthelines/season-1/exclusives/rbtl-sneakpeek-s1.html

I used to watch Cosby because I liked Griffin:

http://cdmtribune.s3.amazonaws.com/showcards/v2/AllPhotos/184237/p184237_n17808_cc_v2_aa.jpg



Reed Between The Lines was a stupid show.
JGoldman10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 07:20 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Reed Between The Lines is a decent show:

http://www.bet.com/video/reedbetweenthelines/season-1/exclusives/rbtl-sneakpeek-s1.html

I used to watch Cosby because I liked Griffin:

http://cdmtribune.s3.amazonaws.com/showcards/v2/AllPhotos/184237/p184237_n17808_cc_v2_aa.jpg



Reed Between The Lines was a stupid show. It irritated me. I thought it was worse than My Wife And Kids, and that was a dumb show too.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 07:27 am
@JGoldman10,
From decent to stupid to downright dumb all in less than three hours.
0 Replies
 
JGoldman10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 07:29 am
The problem with a lot of African American sitcoms is that they dumb down Black people in them and their pop culture. This is what Aaron McGruder was talking about, and WHY he doesn't like BET.

I get tired of seeing shows and movies that propagate the SAME OLD NEGATIVE African American stereotypes. This is why I don't like a lot of programming on BET, and on Centric and TVOne.

The only shows I liked on these networks were Christian/Gospel ones and news shows.

Roland Martin had a very good news show on TVOne called News One Now. It dealt with issues affecting the African American community. They discussed and covered things that weren't covered in OTHER news shows.
JGoldman10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 08:04 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The problem with a lot of African American sitcoms is that they dumb down Black people in them and their pop culture.


I guess one could say that is being racist and construe it as such. As I said a lot of negative African American stereotypes are propagated in a number of African American sitcoms. However there are a lot of sitcoms that make Whites, Asian, Latinos, etc. look stupid.
0 Replies
 
coluber2001
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 12:03 pm
What's Happening!!

Rerun still has reruns.
https://cdn.watch-series.co/whats-happening-season-3-ics/cover.png

0 Replies
 
coluber2001
 
  1  
Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2021 04:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Read Between The Lines is a decent show:

http://www.bet.com/video/reedbetweenthelines/season-1/exclusives/rbtl-sneakpeek-s1.html

I used to watch Cosby because I liked Griffin:

http://cdmtribune.s3.amazonaws.com/showcards/v2/AllPhotos/184237/p184237_n17808_cc_v2_aa.jpg


He was the best. I wonder what happened to him.
JGoldman10
 
  0  
Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2021 07:07 am
@coluber2001,
Doug E. Doug was funny. I wonder what happened to him too.
I wonder what happened to Robert Townsend.
0 Replies
 
coluber2001
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2021 03:48 pm
It's not just black sitcoms but sitcoms in general. Good sitcoms on broadcast television are a thing of the past. At one time broadcast television wood introduce dozens of sitcoms every autumn, and only the best ones would survive. Now, anytime a new sitcom appears it stays there forever no matter how bad it is.
JGoldman10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2021 11:50 am
@coluber2001,
Do you think Americans have gotten dumber?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Take it All - Discussion by McGentrix
Cancelled - Discussion by Brandon9000
John Stewart meets Bill O'Reilly - Discussion by Thomas
Recommend good HBO series? - Discussion by dlowan
BEFORE WE HAD T.V. - Discussion by edgarblythe
What TV shows do you watch? - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Orange is the New Black - Discussion by tsarstepan
Odd Premier: Under the Dome - Discussion by edgarblythe
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/17/2021 at 05:55:48