military action against Libya

parados

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 07:48 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Reagan should have taken him out when he had the opportunity, but Reagan was a compassionate conservative.

Drooling and diapers seems to be where all compassionate conservatives end up.

At least it took Reagan 80 years and a medical condition to get there. What's your excuse Renaldo?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 08:54 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Fido, don't discount the fact that Obama is a fantastic liar.
Anyone who believes in the failed promise of capitalism is living in fantasy...

F, what failed promise do you believe in?

I defy you to find a better system than American capitalism and a constitutional republic.
There have been many better governments...

Such as... ???
The nearest example in time would have to be the Iroguois confederacy which existed when the Irish where still eating each other, and served them well up into historical times... The election of peace chiefs was by the most naturally powerless people in society, the women, and was gentile as was the Roman, with each clan represented in each nation... It was a model for our own government, but the Roman model just before the empire was more accepted... In contrast to our own government which gives lip service to unity, their government actually demanded consensus, and imput as all people had a right to address the government on any issue... It was this unity that made this numerically small people the masters of virtually all lands East of the Mississipee, with the exceptions of the coast... You may know that many of their tributary nations were also Iroquoian, but this fact did not endear those people to the Six Nation Iroquois...

All the German Nations had similar laws and similar governments which resulted from their economies and war like natures... It was not until Charlemagne of the Franks, and the development of the stirrup that wealth first gave the right of government... And of course, Feudalism grew out of that; but regardless of what NIetzsche may have thought, in Europe it was not nature, or temperment, or character that separated overman from underdog, but only time, and a slight difference... When the Church first wrote down the laws of the various tribes they valued the kings peace as slightly higher than the average man's... It did not matter that chiefs were only one among equals, and raised by election or respect... In time that difference of law as prejudice made one a master, and the other his serf... We were no less equal in the eyes of the law in this land too, and now look at what has become of us, where the poor know they can get no justice, and so take matters into their own hands...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 09:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

That's a lot of "ifs" to make it work. I don't see it happening during my lifetime, because I've seen the transformation of what it used to be like in this country until what we have today. All that transformation happened as everybody looked, and accepted what they saw.
I have heard of places, like the Antebellum South, and in Russia, where people witnessing the parties of the wealthy beside the poverty of the poor thought nothing there would ever change, and perhaps it would never have changed were the rich not so stupid and careless in their government over their people and property...

The force for change is here, and present... Just as with structural forces in a building, the force is met with a reaction... The force of gravity bears upon a reaction of a column, or a beam, or a perlin... Some of the forces of nature can overwhelm the balance between forces and reactions... We have a great deal of force for progress in this country, people who want to see government work, and want to fix what is wrong with society and the government so that the people can have hope for the future... And we have a great number of people geared to reaction who are determined to hold back the hands of time from every forward progress... They look at the immigrants whose exploitation has always fed our economy, and do not want to see them with rights... This may be for the fact that the right recognizes that they do not have enough rights, and never have ahd enough rights... They do not want to share what they have not enough of; but their problem results from a misconception of rights... In fact, though the reactionaries suffer from minus intelligence, little imagination, great fears, and a propensity toward violence; they are as much victims of the failure of our society as is anyone else...

It may well be that the reactionaries will have to be overwhelmed by force of arms, and that would be terrible... They have the arms, and they are violent, and they also own the military and have a religious justification for using the ultimate of Thermonuclear Weapons against us, and against our cities... I think they are mad as well as slow, but until I know differently I will still try to relate to them, and bring them around to a sensible view of reality... I would like to see us all make it into the future together, and not as enemies, but as friends... But this is not to misjudge what is at stake, what change will take, and what it will take to tip the whole society in the direction of change... The hard work of getting people ready for something better has been done... Now, we just have to do it...
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 10:11 am
@Fido,
I hope you are right and I am wrong, but I won't hold my breath.
Irishk

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 12:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
HuffPo reported a few days ago that Syria has a good chance of being voted into the UN's Human Rights Council in a few weeks. Vote will be on May 20.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 12:10 pm
@Irishk,
That figures. They'll probably win the Nobel Prize for Peace too!
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 12:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,

Now that Owl Gore and Obama have the Nobel Prize for Peace it's meaning is greatly diminished.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:44 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I hope you are right and I am wrong, but I won't hold my breath.
I wouldn't ask you to hold your breath... Revolutions are usually overdue and late getting around to change... The reason they are often so bloody is because apart from the reaction, they are so overdue, and people have long repressed their need for absolute change with finality... What might be accomplished by the aware without a great pain must intead be caused to happen by the pain... People do not like to change their forms, and do so out of the most dire necessity, and often, when it is already to late to save them... So do not hold your breath... Try not to commit yourself... Be a moving target... Work for change, work against violence... Work for understanding, resist reaction... Like the Muslims say: If you would change the world; first change yourself... You will then appreciate what you are up against, if nothing more... But; every revolution happens first in the mind, and then in the society...
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:11 am
@Fido,
The only reason I'll be a "moving target" is for the simple fact that I love world travel. 2 Cents 2 Cents Mr. Green Mr. Green Drunk Drunk

I'm done with writing to my congressmen/women, president, and volunteering for the military or other public or private organizations or charities. I will still donate to the my two favorite charities; Second Harvest Food Bank and Habitat for Humanities, and will dole out a few bucks to the homeless, but that'll be the extent of my "movements."

I'll watch the conservatives destroy their own security, and laugh.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 12:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Just supposing Obama loses in 2012 and the repubs take the senate and keep the house. Are you going on a travel cruise or moving to another country?
Fido

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 04:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The only reason I'll be a "moving target" is for the simple fact that I love world travel. 2 Cents 2 Cents Mr. Green Mr. Green Drunk Drunk

I'm done with writing to my congressmen/women, president, and volunteering for the military or other public or private organizations or charities. I will still donate to the my two favorite charities; Second Harvest Food Bank and Habitat for Humanities, and will dole out a few bucks to the homeless, but that'll be the extent of my "movements."

I'll watch the conservatives destroy their own security, and laugh.
I have to wonder about Alabama and how they must view the Federal government help to them after the Tornado came a courtin??? I mean, pay no taxes, and get no services only works for other folks with other needs...

When it happens to you the hypocracy must be thick enough to stand on... Let them go to their church, and find their church blowed down... Let them go to their city and state governments, and find them underwater.... And then let them take a handout from Mr. Obama, the antichrist negro from hell... I would love to see it... I would love to be a maggot on their **** for brains just to see what neuron is firing when that happens...
Fido

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 05:01 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Just supposing Obama loses in 2012 and the repubs take the senate and keep the house. Are you going on a travel cruise or moving to another country?
If that happens this will be another country, which no ****, is just what the republicans want it to be..., They hate America and all it stands for... The have no love or understanding for the concept of us, and of Nation...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 08:10 am
@Fido,
I believe they are too dense to appreciate cause and effect. No money, no services - of any kind. They want to keep cutting government spending. They will never "get it."

Oh, and one last thing; they're going to blame Obama for their suffering.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI. Do you notice that the idiots are beginning to outnumber the rational people on this foram or is it just my imagination? I have been checking your travel site. It is hard to get around in but I am coming to grips with it.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 08:30 pm
Quote:
A NATO missile struck a house in Tripoli where Moammar Gadhafi and his wife were staying on Saturday, missing the Libyan leader but killing his youngest son and three grandchildren, a government spokesman said.

Exactly how is killing Gadhafi's grandchildren "protecting civilians"?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 08:42 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
USA announced about a week ago that we have decided that we have a legal right to assassinate Gadhafi. I think USA is on a mission to radicalize Africa against the USA even more than they already were. Europe went along for the ride, so they get the blame too. I am sure that the Chinese are ecstatic over their good fortune, now will a clear path to being first in line to extract huge amounts of natural resources.

This folks is what it looks like when super powers die, and new ones are born.

EDIT: I am guessing that the humans on this planet see now how different Obama is from Bush.
JTT

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 11:31 pm
@engineer,
Quote:

You obviously haven't been keeping up, E. That's been the line forever and it's been enormously successful. If it causes you too much cognitive dissonance, switch to "it's for protecting the US's national security".
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 07:54 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Quote:
A NATO missile struck a house in Tripoli where Moammar Gadhafi and his wife were staying on Saturday, missing the Libyan leader but killing his youngest son and three grandchildren, a government spokesman said.

There is the real reason and the stated reason for all government actions... I know you are trying to point out the disconnect between what is said, and what is meant; but there is not bringing them together... You first have to read between the lines, and then, you have to realize that we are going to do what we are going to do, and if that means killing a few women and children they should just volunteer and get that part out of the way... The war is over when you have destroyed the enemy's will to resist...

Killing their families is just part of the process... You are next... Don't think for a moment that your government holds your life in some greater plane of sanctity than it does for the dirty little wogs and towel heads of distant lands... Only one life means anything to those Romans, and it is their own life... That is the thinking of the powerful, -single minded, and to the point... Kill them all, and then kill the rest until they few that remain can dispose of Allah, and get down on their knees to you... Then they have won...

No wonder people hate us... They look at our leaders and see us...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 07:59 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
USA announced about a week ago that we have decided that we have a legal right to assassinate Gadhafi. I think USA is on a mission to radicalize Africa against the USA even more than they already were. Europe went along for the ride, so they get the blame too. I am sure that the Chinese are ecstatic over their good fortune, now will a clear path to being first in line to extract huge amounts of natural resources.

This folks is what it looks like when super powers die, and new ones are born.

EDIT: I am guessing that the humans on this planet see now how different Obama is from Bush.
The reason we are supposed to have democracy is that no one is made better by giving them power... As they used to say: If you put a begger in the saddle he will ride the horse to death...

Don't give any begger power... You can give anyone authority if you keep the power, but to give any one both is suicide... You see how little they, even the most liberal, like Mrs. Clinton care for life... Add power, and instant scumbag... Like Bush said: If I can't go to war then I'm not president... So go to war... Befuddling congress and the people is so much easier than overcoming reality...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 09:01 am
@engineer,
Gaddafi gets a taste of how it feels to lose loved ones - maybe.