Boyfriends/girlfriends dating

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 02:49 pm
Ok so im 16 and i have only had one boyfriend. We dated for 6 months and broke up that was talked abpout in a previous question and thank you all for the help. But i didn't learn much in that 6 months. as in i didn' really learn any social q's. I don't no how to interact with a guys friends if we go out on a group date. What conversations could i start? What could I talk about? How do i make things not awkward? HELPP ME!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,424 • Replies: 4
No top replies

chai2

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 03:12 pm
@Tristen Monroe,
Tristen Monroe wrote:

What conversations could i start? What could I talk about? How do i make things not awkward? HELPP ME!

You're dealing with something it took me decades to realize.

I finally learned it's not always MY responsibility to start conversations, or to make sure things don't get awkward.

Now, when I'm around someone who can't be NOT finding things to talk about, and actually makes things awkward because they think someone has to always be talking, I shut down.

Not talking is ok. You might want to give the other people the opportunity to practice their social skills at starting conversations.

Don't be afraid of awkward moments. They really aren't that big a deal.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 04:59 pm
ask about things they might be interested in.
ie...
awkward silence ensues.
You: soooo... dated any hot chicks lately?
Him: errr ummmm ...not so much
You: I can fix that.

Ok thats a joke but ask open questions. Any type of question that require a full answer not just a yes or no answer.

Its ok to talk about yourself things you like as long as its ALL about you every time all the time. People are in fact interested in you and the things you like. If a guy friend knows stuff about you it will give him a chance to talk to you about that.

Learning to "listen" is a skill itself and leaarning when to talk is also a skill for some that takes years to master.

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 05:23 pm
@Tristen Monroe,
I was the same at 16. I was shy in situations, especially around boys. Always afraid of what they would think of me or something. The secret is, they are just as nervous and worried..

The best advice I can say is to just be yourself.

My confidence rose at 18 and I lost all my fear and awkwardness. I then started to approach boys and had the best summer of my life. All I did was be myself.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 06:50 pm
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

Its ok to talk about yourself things you like as long as its ALL about you every time all the time.

That was a joke too, right?
0 Replies