Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 06:26 am
What are your thoughts on him? He's been getting a lot of press for his liberal lion status. Most characteristically, he doesn't back down when other's try and talk over or take his mic. Where does he fit in the democratic party in your mind, and where should/could he be?

Here are some clips of him.

A
R
T

djjd62

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 06:28 am
@failures art,
Embarrassed

you said weiner
failures art

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 06:30 am
@djjd62,
What's funny is, I knew that (1) this would get said, and (2) it would be you. Never change djjd62. We need humorists here at A2K.

A
R
T
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 08:41 am
@failures art,
Very entertaining. But he's yelling at the wrong side.
Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 08:54 am
I agree with Joe, he's very entertaining. I, too, like the way he won't let the Republicans shout him down.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 09:12 am
@djjd62,
Oh my god, that was literally the first thing I thought when I saw this.

Oh how I've missed you. <3
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 03:57 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

Very entertaining. But he's yelling at the wrong side.

Oh no doubt.

Exactly the kind of person I want to be lighting a fire under the asses of the dems. Maybe he does behind closed doors.

His youtube channel has a lot of good videos. One is a 50minute video where he takes on the GOP for violating their own parliamentary rules.

A
R
T
RABEL222

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:59 pm
@failures art,
Is he a liberal?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 07:26 pm
@failures art,
He's in trouble.

Weiner admits lying about lewd photo, won't quit
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2011/06/06/blogger_says_racy_pix_of_ny_rep_are_legit/
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 07:28 pm
The only thing that upsets me is that he apologized instead of telling the media and the public to buzz off about his private life.

But I just started another thread to rant about that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 07:35 pm
I think this is completely hilarious. He is a putz of the first order, give him a ribbon, if for nothing else than award winning stupidity.

(I'm a female registered u.s. dem with a batch more left views than currently promulgated by dems, and some libertarian views. So, your average lib lib lib, a triplexa.) I'm a shiksa too, but that's irrelevant.

Between him and Edwards I am forced to cringe about how these guys got that far. Not for sexual activity, but re stupidity.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 07:58 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
I think this is completely hilarious. He is a putz of the first order, give him a ribbon, if for nothing else than award winning stupidity.

(I'm a female registered u.s. dem with a batch more left views than currently promulgated by dems, and some libertarian views.
So, your average lib lib lib, a triplexa.) I'm a shiksa too, but that's irrelevant.

Between him and Edwards I am forced to cringe about how these guys got that far. Not for sexual activity, but re stupidity.0
Its a good thing for him that he 's not Japanese.

David
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 08:06 pm
@RABEL222,
Was there any doubt?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 08:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
huh?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 09:14 pm
@failures art,
failures art wrote:
What are your thoughts on him? He's been getting a lot of press for his liberal lion status.
Most characteristically, he doesn't back down
A
R
T
My thawts r that he represents me in Congress.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 09:17 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
huh?
(Thay commit hairy cari when thay get embarrassed; that probably hurts.)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 09:21 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Ah. I don't know enough about how much 'face' matters today, or the complexities of it in the past.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 09:32 pm
@failures art,
This country is on the brink of a slip from the position as superpower and this arsehole is showing his private parts online with a video - on his own website, noless. WTF! He should be removed from office and assigned to do REAL public service for one year.

Fercrissakes! Dems ...how much further will you squander political power? Force this guy out of office, will ya?! Ferfucksake!

OK, have I got something wrong here?

"On May 27, 2011, via his Twitter account, Weiner sent a post linking to a sexually explicit photograph of himself wearing gray boxer briefs to a 21-year-old female in Seattle who was "following" him on the social media website, in what some commentators later dubbed Weinergate. Weiner initially said he had not posted the image, and that his account had been "hacked."

Weiner stated that he did not know the woman who received the message. Weiner became embroiled in controversy when he could not say "with certitude" that the photo was not of him and "Maybe it did start being a photo of mine and now looks something different or maybe it is from another account."

Weiner did not ask the FBI or U.S. Capitol Police to investigate the incident, indicating that he had instead retained a private security firm to look into the matter, viewing it as a prank.

On June 6, 2011, Weiner held a press conference at which he said he had lied about the pictures, that "To be clear, the pictures were of me, and I sent them", and apologized. He said he had exchanged graphic photographs with six women over Twitter and Facebook over three years, adding that he had not had a physical relationship with any of them. He said he was "deeply ashamed of my terrible judgment and actions. ... This was a very dumb thing to do." Answering questions, he declined to deny that a published "x-rated" photo was of him. He said that he had his wife's continuing support, and that he did not intend to resign his congressional seat.

That afternoon, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi announced that there would be an investigation by the House Ethics Committee as to "whether any official resources were used or any other violation of House rules occurred".

Later that day ABC News reported that a 26-year-old single mother in Texas had shared flirtatious photographs with Weiner, including receiving a photo of his exposed private parts. At his press conference, Weiner admitted that he had exchanged sexts with the woman.

ABC News also reported the identity of another of Weiner's social media contacts, who had exchanged e-mails with Weiner and had received sexually explicit photograph of him in May 2011.

Asked about an allegation that he had engaged in phone sex with an additional internet partner (reported to be a woman in Nevada), Weiner neither confirmed nor denied the statement, saying that although he did not want to impinge on any of his sexting partners' privacy, neither would he contradict any of their specific admissions."
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 11:45 pm

I wonder if he coud get THROWN OUT of Twitter for that !
0 Replies