Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

parados

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 09:10 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Since it is about Christian Sharia law, why do you think posts about Islam are what the thread is about?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 09:13 am
@parados,
Sharia Law is Islam. Duh!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 09:17 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Witch-hunt is Christianity.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 09:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Wow. That's a real good argument, Walter. How has that worked out for ya in the past?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 09:31 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Wow. That's a real good argument, Walter. How has that worked out for ya in the past?

Well, I've been in Salem until four days ago.
And wrote some articles about witch-hunt in my native town.

It didn't work out very well for me: I paid my stay in Salem myself (like all the other weeks I've been in the USA) and got nothing for those reports.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 09:37 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Perhaps you got nothing for those reports because there are no Christian witch hunts these days. We do seem to have an Islamic fascist problem. Perhaps you should write about that?
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 10:09 am
Doncha just love multiculturalism and the peace, love and tolerance of Islam.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/06/15/iranian-moral-police-enforcing-un-islamic-dress-code/
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:19 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Witch-hunt is Christianity.

Really Walter?

This is the best you can do?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 02:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I thought it to be an as strikingly phrase as Sharia Law is Islam is.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 04:10 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
rennie duboyz wrote:
Doncha just love multiculturalism and the peace, love and tolerance of Islam.

Doncha just love multiculturalism and the peace, love and tolerance of rennie duboyz?

BTW bubby a question should end in a question mark--just a hint from one of those that weren't sleeping during 5th grade grammar.

Rap
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2011 04:24 pm

Muslim Sharia Law?
0 Replies

WendyLou

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 12:01 am
@maxdancona,
You have sadly only just scratched the surface with any similarity between Islamic Sharia law and Christianity. You need to read the book Cruel and Usual Punishment by Nonie Darwish to really understand the harshness and disgusting practices which exist within Islamic Sharia, especially in Egypt. They believe in indoctrinating little girls into sexual activity by a practice called "thighing", which begins from the age of 4 through to 10. Penetration can occur before puberty if they wish. Multiple marriages exist within the Sharia in Islamic Sharia. Wives for a night exist with Sharia. The Islamic religion is so anti women in strict Sharia, it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Christian religion. Read the book. It was written by a 62 year old woman who grew up for the first thirty years in Egypt and then migrated to America where she lives today. If Sharia laws are introduced into Australia, frankly, I would leave the country and take my female family members with me. So yes, I am against any type of Sharia law. It restricts, is cruel, stifles individuality, is mainly for men's sexual pleasure and does not consider women in any way, shape or form.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 08:43 am
@WendyLou,
You miss the point WendyLou. The problem is religion. Barbaric cruelty isn't unique Islam or Christianity. I could just as easily point out all of the really cruel things that are done by Christians. For example there are kids being tortured and killed by Christians as "witches" (supported by Bible passages).

My goal is to keep religion, especially the more extreme aspects of religion, out of politics. I share your repulsion when religion backs cruelty in Egypt and Iran. I also find repulsion when it happens in Uganda or Serbia.

Barbaric cruelty is what it is and it doesn't matter which religion it is being perpetrated by.

But this thread is about the United States. The people trying to bring religion into politics and law are predominantly Christians. From homosexual rights and abortion to hate crimes to suppression of speech, the religious groups that pose the greatest danger in my country are Christians.

I oppose religion extremism of any flavor.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 10:40 am
@maxdancona,
And yet, I feel certain that you have no plans on leaving the country, while I'm equally certain that WendyLou would make good on her vow.

I'm not a fan of people trying to impose their Christianity on anyone, but the difference in degree is remarkable

Where are kids being tortured and killed as witches.Uganda and Serbia?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 11:54 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't know about Serbia, but it's definitely going on in Uganda. I saw a news report a few days ago.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15283722.

Lot of ethnic cleansing going on in Serbia though.
spendius

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 11:59 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
From homosexual rights and abortion to hate crimes to suppression of speech,

Atheists are quite capable of all those things.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 03:11 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Don't worry Renaldo Art has played that game with me as well. He brings up a subject and then wants to you to answer or defend his points. It a trick he plays to keep from actually answering questions.
spendius

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 03:53 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
It didn't work out very well for me: I paid my stay in Salem myself (like all the other weeks I've been in the USA) and got nothing for those reports.

Perhaps you got nothing for those reports Walt because the editors didn't think their readers would be interested in them for any number of reasons.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 03:55 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
BTW bubby a question should end in a question mark--just a hint from one of those that weren't sleeping during 5th grade grammar.

That's a hostage to fortune rap.
0 Replies

WendyLou

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 11:49 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't think I have missed the point in any way shape or form. There are huge differences between Islamic Sharia and Christianity. A few examples. If you are a Christian woman your religion does not choose your husband for you, does not interfere in your political beliefs, does not condone adultery or polygamy, does not inhibit a woman from being the best and most powerful that she can be. You are married to one person, unless of course you divorce that person. My views are more spiritual personally. I believe in being kind to my fellow man, allowing for freedom of thought, freedom of movement, freedom to fall in love and marry that person, rather than marrying who your parents have chosen for you as in the Islam Sharia religion. I don't have any patience for a religion which suppresses women and at their expense caters to mens sexual desires. At least in the Christian religion, a woman can have her say, go to work, speak with other men in the work place, dine with someone who is not her husband rather than being stoned for even looking at another man. You need to read the book I spoke about "Cruel and Usual Punishment". It defines world economic systems under strict Sharia and goes into the West versus the East and how women are treated in the middle east. Christianity bears no resemblance whatsoever to strict Sharia law. Ask Nonie Darwish. If Sharia Law ever becomes the rule in Australia there will either be a civil war or a huge exodus from my country. Mohammed back in his century was unaware of our world today and could not have even imagined our world today. The philosophy and ideology he espoused is ridiculous and full of double standards. We in the West have advanced far beyond the ideology of Sharia and should continue to do so.