Are you against Christian Sharia Law?

raprap

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 12:15 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
But Burroughs wasn't stupid, under the guise that even a blind pig can find a truffle, you've swung and missed..

OK! Lets go to an American, bubby. Lets see what Twain had to say about religion and it's oh so human practice..

Quote:
We despise all reverences and all the objects of reverence which are outside the pale of our own list of sacred things. And yet, with strange inconsistency, we are shocked when other people despise and defile the things which are holy to us.
- Following the Equator

and

Quote:
Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven....The higher animals have no religion. And we are told that they are going to be left out in the Hereafter. I wonder why? It seems questionable taste.
- "The Lowest Animal"

Oh I forgot bubby, you hate America. So Twain will only make you whine about how Huck Finn is lefty agitprop.

Rap
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 12:17 pm
Very informative OP for the topic of Sharia Law. Warning. Requires actual reasoning skills and an open mind.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/mosques_as_barracks_in_america_1.html
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 12:56 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Of course. I love this story.

The point is that each person is responsible for their own righteousness. He didn't condemn the woman at the well. Jesus didn't tell her what her sins were nor did he attack her.

Jesus treated people with love and respect. He didn't attack her, despise her, judge her or even criticize her. He gave her the opportunity to strive for herself to be a better person, and he acknowledged her worth as a human being. The only people who Jesus despised were the judgmental religious people who felt them self superior so as to attack other people.

If only Christians were more Christlike.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 05:00 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Yet, when asked if you believe Jesus is God in the flesh, you could not answer it. Your church says Jesus is God in the flesh.

The only mentioning about "flesh" is the Angelus: "Et verbum caro factum est et habitavit in nobis."

Since there's nothing about it in the catechism, nothing in any other Corpus Iuris Canonici related laws, writings and codices - I kindly ask you again to give your source.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 07:21 am
@maxdancona,
He did judge her. He told her "Go and sin no more". What was her "sin"?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 07:23 am
@Walter Hinteler,
God came to earth as a man. Is that correct?
raprap

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 08:58 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Scholars state four sins, but I've always thought three she was a woman--a sin of biology, she was a Samaritan--a sin of the Jews, she had had five husbands and was living with a man who was not her husband--the sin of divorce.

As a kid when we discussed this parable in religious education we came to the conclusion that her sins were cultural and that if she lived today (1964) none of the sins were contemporary. Its a good story, but the real discussion of sin should have been among the disciples were they saw Jesus afterwards. Jesus saw that the sins were superficial as long a she accepted him.

This Utube is a pretty fair rendition except that few Semites of the time would have blue eyes, and I have always believed that Jesus looked nothing like the blond European that is usually used in Xtian art.

This Utube, to me, is closer to what I consider the point of the parable--it's contemporary from the woman's perspective

Now, bubby, if you could only take this parable to heart--that preaching hate is still a grievous sin.

Rap
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 09:16 am
@raprap,
I see. So was God judging the woman or was it simply a good man named Jesus? Studing about Christianity and studying culture is not a study of the scriptures. That's where you fall into the ditch.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 10:23 am
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/intellectual_disgrace_at_ohio_university.html
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 10:54 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Not being a Xtian, studying the New Testament has always been an exercise in literature, culture and history--and the ditch I find myself includes some pretty good company--Deists like Jefferson and Franklin come to mind

Fortunately hate baiting pseudo Xtians need not apply.

Rap
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 11:09 am
@raprap,
We can see you have a hard time when it comes to actual study of the scriptures and what they state. Thanks for your pedestrian input. Bullshit walks. Have a nice trip.
failures art

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 11:17 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Rap gave an academic account of the story. That is not pedestrian. You've also not answered my question on whether you consider yourself well versed on (1) American Law, and (2) Theology. Where and who did you learn from? I'd like to know what makes you speak so confidently your errors.

A
R
T
raprap

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:02 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
So you're walking huh? Cause this is how I see you.

http://alecomm.com/images/stories/big%20walking%20turd.jpg

Bubby you are soooooo easy.

Rap
izzythepush

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:47 pm
@raprap,
I think 'bullshit walks' are Mr. Dubois' alternative to 'slut walks.' Mr. Dubois, O' Reilly and all the other gobshites. At least they won't be wearing suspenders.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 02:49 pm
@failures art,
He didn't give the scriptural account. That is what none of you can do because none of you understand biblical Christianity and Islam of the Quran. You're indoctrinated, not educated.

I suggest you spend more time attempting to counter my points than trying to find out where someone was educated. Nothing impresses me about who and what people claim on the internet. If you can't counter my points, then it would be a very intelligent idea to ignore my posts rather than exposing your ignorance of the topic. Just tryin' to help since I am a compassionate conservative.
raprap

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 03:27 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Taking the holocaust to mind, always confront bigots--

Think of this, wherever you go, whenever you spout your hate--look over your shoulder. We'll be there pointing to you as an example of what will never happen again.

Rap
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 04:06 pm
@raprap,
Your tar and feathers is all you have. Pitiful and sad. A very sick mind takes history and twists it to fit their sick agenda.
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 04:40 pm
Here is some news about CAIR
http://www.anti-cair-net.org/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 06:54 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

God came to earth as a man. Is that correct?

No. His son came as a human AND God to earth. And God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit .... according to Catholic, Orthodox an Protestant/Lutheran belief. (
'God is the subject (father), content (son) and event (spirit) of the revelation' like the Evangelical Church of Germany put it.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 07:09 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Is Jesus Christ God? Yes. Catholic Encyclopedia.

The aim of this article is to prove that the historical person, Jesus Christ, is really and truly God,
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07706b.htm#I1