Is Governent really neccesary?

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 10:42 pm
So i walked into an AM PM Gas Station to get some gas for my wheels, when i saw these homemade Zip-Locked bag of cookies for a dollar. And i was thinking, why aren't people afraid to buy these Not-Sealed bag of cookies someone made in their kitchen.

I mean if you were waiting at a bus stop and some person came up to you and sold you some Zip-Locked bag of cookies, you would feel Sketchy to consume them, assuming you were nice enough to buy them in the first place. So whats the difference between an AM PM and a Street Vendor? Are they not the same bag of cookies? After being Baffled about this for a few minutes it was obvious to me that the difference is when people buy from an established store, it is assumed that they have a policy from an Insurance Company that if these Cookies were to harm you, they would pay retribution for the harmful cookies, in other words a Guarantee. Whereas for a Street Vendor, there is no policy or Insurance company that would pay for the Damages Food Poisoned Cookies could do. Therefore in order to get more costumers, people would advertise that if their Cookies were to harm anyone they would pay the person X sum of money, so people would feel safe to purchase from AM PM. But of course not everyone cares about harm that the Killer Cookies may cause, some people trust the Vendor. Such as in Mexico you can get Taco's from a Taco Stand you may never see again, or an Established Taco Shop. Obviously the Taco Shop with the Insurance Coverage has to raise its price to make up for the insurance, so the tacos would be more expensive. So people have a choice between Insured and Uninsured Taco Vendors. People have the choice between both sides of the Pancake. So isn't that a solution to buying Possibly Harmful wares with out the help of Government? If a law passed stating that All Vendors must have Insurance, sure you may be like "Oh well its necessary because people could get sick". Yea that's great and all but not every vendor starting out can afford coverage, so in theory, not only did you just cause an Unemployed Citizen, but you caused a Gap between the Rich and the Poor, also you got less Taco Vendors. Because now in order to make Da Moneys you have to already have Moneys.

And i think this applies to all Purchased Product like Cars, you can buy a used car from the owner, or from a Car Dealership saying that If this car were to harm you we would pay X amount of Money.

So really all these laws that are meant to protect the Consumers are actually really stupid and Harmful to our Economy...

Its really hard to fully recall what i was thinking, but its something remotely close to this, God im really bad at explaining myself. I hope i got my message across.

roger

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 11:46 pm
@Anarkatheist,
I do buy from street vendors. Not exactly on the street, but they often drop into the laundromat while I am doing the wash. Most often, they are selling cake and pastries. Sometimes they have Mexican burritos and tamales. I don't buy those, but only because they are too messy to eat without being at home with napkins and silver ware.
Anarkatheist

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 08:26 pm
@roger,
Cake at a Laundry Mat? hahah
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 08:54 am
@Anarkatheist,
only if it were a worldwide anarchy.
Setanta

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 09:28 am
So, you didn't like the response you got with this topic in April, so you thought you'd do it all over again? Is your opening post identical to the opening post in that thread?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 May, 2011 09:32 am
OK, i copied your opening post here to a notepad document, and then compared it to the opening post of your April 7th thread. They are identical except for the two sentences which you have added to the end of the opening post in this thread. Were you thinking that if you waited 50 days, the responses would be different? Were you thinking that you'd be taken more seriously at the end of May then you were at the beginning of April? I'm curious as to why you've done this.
Anarkatheist

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:19 am
@Setanta,
Its because the title of the first one had a typo, i assumed that severally screwed up the search for government related topics.

Also, everytime i try to delete the old post, i get a heartbreaking message telling me i have killed a hard working hamster.

Which i cannot bear to go through again.
roger

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 02:17 am
@Anarkatheist,
Yeah, I hate it when I wax one of the little guys, too.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 04:16 pm
@hamilton,
That's the secret. Everybody has to commit and have a stake in its success for anarchy to thrive.
0 Replies

Teufel

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 05:35 pm
@Anarkatheist,
The simple fact is that you are you ... and that is all you are.

Myself I have lived in anarchic countries, unlike you. Personally I found them fine .... But you go everywhere with an AK47, you must watch everyone and everything because you have to create your own security/safety.

You whine about cookies and laws ..... The establishment creates laws, courts, prisons, civil service and police forces to keep the peace, collect the tax and sustain the status quo.

To have a road on which to drive your car to the gas station requires taxation ... No taxation, no road. Dirt tracks. Try a country such as the DRC, almost entirely anarchic still. Where if you take 'the road' from one town to another, which is just tracks through the forest, then 160km (100 miles) can easily take a week when it rains, 4 days when it doesn't ... Then you have all the bandits etc etc to contend with. Petrol? You'll find a road side vendor selling petrol out of some discarded bottle or plastic bowl.

Really .... lay off the marijuana. You have no idea what anarchy even means in practice.
vikorr

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2020 01:02 pm
@Anarkatheist,
Quote:
If a law passed stating that All Vendors must have Insurance

Who is passing this law?
Who is recording this law?
Who is enforcing this law?
Who is ensuring the law is enforced justly?
Who is ensure the enforcement agency isn't bought off?
Who is ensuring the courts aren't bought off?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2020 05:27 pm
@Anarkatheist,
Yes! Government is necessary. Human beings are social creatures. We need to have a regulated society... a way to agree on how to live together.

Of all of the forms of Government Anarchy is worse than all of them. Anyone who has studied history understands this. Anarchy means that everyone is constantly in fear of warlords.

We don't have to guess, we know exactly what happens. From the Stone Age, to the Middle Ages to modern day Somalia... when there is Anarchy people are never safe and can't even walk in the open without being robbed, killed or worse.

I don't understand why anyone would want to live under Anarchy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2020 08:23 pm
@Teufel,
psst....this thread was created in 2011 and the OP hasn't posted in years. Sometimes it's hard to notice all the signals when you see something new and shiny.....I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure your lectures are meaningful to many many folks. Thank you.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2020 09:15 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

psst....this thread was created in 2011 and the OP hasn't posted in years. Sometimes it's hard to notice all the signals when you see something new and shiny.....I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure your lectures are meaningful to many many folks. Thank you.

Isn't Teufal just responding because Bobsal resurrected the thread?

If you are going to grouse at anyone, grouse at bobsal. Your comment seems rather nasty... I don't think you you would have made that kind of comment towards Bobsal. But it was in fact Bobsal who resurrected this thread.

I think you owe Teufal an apology.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:31 pm
@maxdancona,
I apologize Max, I keep forgetting I need you to vet my comments for nastiness. But you are correct, bobsal shouldn't have posted on this forum unless he got your permission. Has anybody ever told you are a scold and tiresome? I would call you an old woman, but that's not very woke.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:35 pm
@maxdancona,
By the way, you just discovered this thread???? Or is it because you troll me, or maybe you troll Bob.....You always pitch a fit when I respond, but you are not shy about following a few people just to proclaim "You're nasty, you're sexist, you're a terrible person". Get a hobby.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2020 11:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Oh, now you're interested????? You always call me nasty (you have called me nasty so many times) but in fairness I see you as a thin skinned crybaby. If teufel wants an apology, I'll let you know...I figure he appreciates the help. Ok, appreciate might be too strong of a word since he has announced he believes Americans are too stupid to breathe or even compute their way out of a paper bag. But kudos for not disabusing him of his notions.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 12:00 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Yeah, I hate it when I wax one of the little guys, too.

But you've alway been a life loving patriot, and very kind to the critters ....I trust in your kindness
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 12:09 am
@glitterbag,
On this thread, and on the other recent thread where we clashed... it was Glitterbag who followed me onto the thread.

She seems to forget than anyone can easily see who is followimg whom.

I could ignore her, but I don't like bullies.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2020 12:59 am
@maxdancona,
Initially I didn't see your remark (I do keep you on ignore most of the time). I responded to teufel, but then you started the scold after my reponse to his post. Tell you what, put me on ignore and I'll keep you on ignore and then there will no misunderstanding over who follows who.
0 Replies