Wis. GOP strips public workers' bargaining rights

parados

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:27 am
@gungasnake,
One has nothing to do with the other.

That would be like arguing stealing isn't a crime because cops eat donuts.
parados

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:27 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
If you bothered to read her decision gunga, she laid out exactly how those standards were met.

Bullshit.

Which standard wasn't addressed?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 07:49 am
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/188246_200030076683107_100000283470504_696361_6790557_n.jpg
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2011 08:55 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

I mean, you're telling me that these stupid fuckers can run away and hide in another state so as to deny the majority a voting quorum and then cry about a meeting being less than open to them while they're off in the other state hiding out????

It wasn't that the meeting wasn't open to the Dem Senators, it wasn't open to the public.

The idea that you have any real standing to challenge the Judge's decision is a joke. You don't know the first thing about the law or much of anything else; just an idiot with an opinion on a message board.

But, hey. You get right on with that impeachment, lemme know how it turns out.

Cycloptichorn
georgeob1

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 09:58 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The idea that you have any real standing to challenge the Judge's decision is a joke. You don't know the first thing about the law or much of anything else; just an idiot with an opinion on a message board.

But, hey. You get right on with that impeachment, lemme know how it turns out.

Cycloptichorn

Well now the State supreme court has struck down the injunction and cleared the way to the law to take effect, without delay. How do you feel about that judicial ruling, Cyclo ??

The state employee's unions still enjoy a state-sanctioned monopoly on employment - no one can take a job there without joining the union, whether they want to or not. However soon the state will stop prededucting the union dues from employee paychecks and the unions will have to collect them themselves. It will be interesting to see what the unions do with the inevitable deadbeats who decline to pay their dues. In a year or so the union will have to recertify its monopoly status in a secred ballot of employees. This of course is viewed as an undemocratic assault on unionism by the union bosses, who don't like the idea of the sheep they are accustomed to fleecing on a regular basis having any say in the relationship.

Any bets on the outcome of the elections when the workers have a right to choose?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 07:40 am
Meanwhile..

It appears a judge (Prosser) is being investigated for trying to strangle another judge during the debate in the Wisconsin Supreme court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008396/Ann-Walsh-Bradley-describes-moment-David-Prosser-tried-CHOKE-her.html
Fido

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 08:01 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Meanwhile..

It appears a judge (Prosser) is being investigated for trying to strangle another judge during the debate in the Wisconsin Supreme court.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008396/Ann-Walsh-Bradley-describes-moment-David-Prosser-tried-CHOKE-her.html
Too bad all those judges did not have but one neck to support their unibrain, and then we could strangle them all at once and get lunch...
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 08:04 am
@gungasnake,
This is such bull crap being pushed by big corporations who continue to receive big tax breaks while making record profits and the rest of us chumps keeping paying for it all. All the while these same corporations are funding conservative groups who fund conservative government electives who then strip us all even more. They won't be happy until it is like the days when only a few had the money and the rest worked in their factories and coal mines for pennies till their finger bled or their lungs gave out with no money for health insurance and they just died.

gungasnake

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 08:58 am
@revelette,
Believe it or not I used to be a demoKKKrat. I mean, I grew up that way and it took me several years of living in the real world after school to grow out of it.

What I occasionally tell people I knew 40 years ago is that the political scene hasn't really changed that much since 68 or 69, other than for the thing about the pigs these days all calling themselves democrats; that's the only really big change.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 09:31 am
@parados,
Quote:

moooooo, plop, plop, plop.....

http://mariamuir.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/bullshit.gif
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 09:41 am
@gungasnake,
I personally don't see the relevance of your experiences and what you tell people in relation to my post.

I don't see anyone as pigs and think words like that serve no useful purpose other than to spread division and hatred, something we have way too much of now a days.

What I do see is that a lot of today's republicans seem intent on turning back the clock to the days before labor laws and the civil rights movement and before medicare and other benefits and I do not think it is good for the country or even the economy.
gungasnake

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 01:22 pm
@revelette,
What the dems are trying to do is turn the labor laws back to around 1200 AD or thereabouts when there still were lords and peasants. Those public unions are plainly demanding recognition as an aristocratic class with money and privileges significantly beyond those of the common people who pay for it.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 11:40 pm
@gungasnake,
Too late. The republicans and their business masters have already done it. The money men have moved large numbers of jobs out of the country in order to lower the wages of the common man. The millionaires are the lords and we are all the peasants. Dummies like you arnt smart enough to see their one of the serfs.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 06:33 am
@RABEL222,
The idea of the United States being the market and purchaser of last resort is built into the system and both parties are equally complicit. The problem of public unions is not related to that.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 07:14 am

Concealed Carry Law
"Restores Dose of Constitutionalism"

By State Representative Dan Knodl

The culmination of years of hard work and grassroots advocacy has come to fruition with the passage of Senate Bill 93 in the Wisconsin State Legislature. As other priorities were fulfilled in recent weeks with the approval of a fiscally responsible 2011-13 state budget, it became increasingly clear that the time to finally pass a concealed carry bill into law was at hand.

Despite the long and rich tradition that firearms have played in the history of our state, Wisconsin was one of only two states in the entire nation without of concealed carry legislation. Notwithstanding the efforts of previous legislatures, and despite the bill arriving twice to the desk of former Gov. Jim Doyle, Wisconsinites were not permitted to exercise a right fundamental to their personal safety and protection. Moreover, government stood in the way of honest citizens hoping to partake in an individual freedom outlined specifically in the U.S. Constitution by the Second Amendment.

By a bipartisan vote of 68-27 in the Assembly and 25-8 in the Senate, the Legislature will be sending this bill once again to the governor's desk, this time with the expectation that it will be signed into law within the next several days. I am incredibly proud of the fortitude shown by my colleagues in the Legislature from both sides of the aisle to come together in support of this bill. I am confident that it will go far in increasing public safety, restoring a healthy dose of Constitutionalism into the public sphere, reducing crime, and maintaining a value deeply ingrained in our state's history and traditions. Moreover, this sends a clear message to those judicial activists who have interfered with this Constitutional right in the past, namely that the people will hold them accountable and assert their natural right to defend themselves.

Specifically, this bill contains a streamlined licensing process and requires criminal background checks and firearms safety training (with certain exemptions) for those who wish to carry concealed weapons in Wisconsin. While there is a valid argument to be made for those who say that the state has no right to impose these limitations on anyone wishing to exercise a Constitutional right, I nevertheless am pleased that those with a concealed carry license will have undergone a familiarity period with their firearm.

At the end of the day, this bill took far too long to become a reality. I am, however, gratified to cast my vote in favor of the Constitution, in favor of greater individual liberty, and for the good people of Wisconsin who are more than capable enough to provide for their own personal protection in a mature and responsible manner

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 07:26 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
One has nothing to do with the other.

That would be like arguing stealing isn't a crime because cops eat donuts.
Did thay STEAL the donuts ??

Sometimes police have robbed people of their guns.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 09:45 pm
@parados,
Try this:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/270679/more-details-emerge-wisconsin-s-chokegate-christian-schneider
parados

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 07:09 am
@gungasnake,
More details? ROFLMAO...

I think the piece should be titled.. More details left out to give an impression that isn't supported by other more complete reports.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2011 08:37 am
Despite all the distractions with respect to carrying guns, it appears that the new Wisconsin law governing state and local government employee unions has or will soon go into effect. It is interesting that this fact appears to get less coverage in the media than did the loud whining and breastbeating of the organized labor mafia over the prospect of their sheep being given the right to pay their dues themselves and, after a period, secretly decide of they want to keep the union monopoly on their employment.
0 Replies