JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:12 am
@wmwcjr,
I'm SINCERE.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:15 am
@wmwcjr,
Most of the time I AM AS SERIOUS AS CANCER.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:17 am
@wmwcjr,
There are some people I don't like.
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:37 am
@shewolfnm,
but....it truly is no longer funny or entertaining-even as a voyeur. Its mean-spiritedness (understatement) is pathetic (and perhaps even dangerous). It's grossly offensive. Myopic bible-thumpers who think their brand of relgiousity is the only way to be saved from damnation and hellfire is/are dangerous. It's gone beyond observing the zero social skills and emotional disturbances.

And...the danger here is that common bond shared with the same sort of fervor as fundamental muslims who blow themselves up and take innocent bystanders with them ... or bomb abortion clinics. No exaggeration is implied. Why attack some people here who have clearly tried to help and are innocent of any malice. That collegial sort of spirit of healthy debate has been arrested by this fool.

(Rather than send this message via PM, I post this here publicly, though it meant suspending my pledge temporarily as I needed to respond to your comment to me.)

(Flame off)

Back to my novel. Laughing Rolling Eyes
JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:45 am
I'm not ALLOWING PEOPLE to try to irritate me- I DON'T HAVE TO. I AM NOT ALLOWING WHAT THEY SAY TO TRIGGER AN EMOTIONAL RESPONSE IN ME. I AM TOO OLD FOR THAT.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 09:48 am
@wmwcjr,
I have a tendency to lash out on people who try to judge my behaviour. Then others complain and whine when I do so-they say I'm being antagonistic and trolling.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 10:14 am
@wmwcjr,
People want me to be more sociable-fine, I'll work on that.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:51 am
@wmwcjr,
I AM SERIOUS-SERIOUS AS CANCER_SERIOUS AS CANCER ABOUT MOST THINGS I POST. I DON'T POST ON WEB FORUMS TO FRIGGIN' JOKE AROUND WITH PEOPLE.I AM NOT TROLLING- I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT PEOPLE'S CURIOSITY.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:53 am
@MontereyJack,
PISS OFF.
JGoldman10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 11:57 am
@shewolfnm,
MY APOLOGIES, I WAS GETTING YOU MIXED UP WITH HINGEHEAD. I AM SERIOUS AS CANCER ABOUT MOST OF THE STUFF I POST, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GO FLY A KITE.

0 Replies

firefly

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:26 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
but....it truly is no longer funny or entertaining-even as a voyeur. Its mean-spiritedness (understatement) is pathetic (and perhaps even dangerous)...That collegial sort of spirit of healthy debate has been arrested by this fool.

I agree with you, ragman. I think that the net effect of encouraging, and responding to, this troll in lamb's clothing is quite pernicious. And I am also inclined to think that JG's disingenuous tactics are designed to achieve precisely that result.
Quote:
Most of the time I AM AS SERIOUS AS CANCER.
JGoldman10

He's right. And cancer is dangerous, and can be quite lethal. So, what are we doing by encouraging him? Helping him to spread malignancy?

I don't think that JG is a garden variety Bible thumper, I think we are dealing with someone who is motivated more by malice than religious fervor. The religion is being used by JG as a hook, to deliberately provoke, to draw people into a carefully crafted web. He sets up an antagonistic attitude which actually encourages negative responses toward Christians--it is almost designed to trigger attack by other posters. He ups the ante by casting aspersions on other Christian sects--Catholics, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.--and, of course, throws in the issue of Islam, just to generate even more conflict. The net effect of this is to pit people against each other on the subject of religion--in some sort of diabolically crafted holy war--and JG is the puppet-master. This is how he is amusing himself, and it's being done at our expense, and with our help.
He's also tried a little race baiting, but religion seems to gain him more traction, possibly because it is a more emotional issue for most people.

The reason I don't think we are dealing with a sincere individual merely spouting his beliefs is the rock bottom simplistic level of thinking expressed on all topics JG presents--be they comics, religion, race, etc. It's beyond "clueless", it's deliberately, and disingenuously, childish and naive. Does anyone believe that a college graduate, with a degree in art/animation, has to come to A2K to ask for book titles on how to draw comics--particularly after he's trolled the internet for 7 years announcing his intention to create and distribute his own comic book? Does that make any sense to anyone? Similarly, his religious comments are confined to a mere handful of Biblical quotes and descriptive statements, which he repeats over and over, in thread after thread, and which truthfully suggests his knowledge of the New Testament is limited to only a few catch-phrases. The complete lack of substance, depth, content, awareness, basic information, etc. that characterizes JG's posts, across all the topics he raises, is the most compelling evidence that this guy is not for real. He's an agent provocateur. A troll with a carefully crafted persona.

JG reminds me a little of the stereotypical wife beater who becomes apologetic after his acts and pledges never to do it again. JG insults and belittles others, then says he's sorry and will try not to do it again. Except that JG deliberately provokes--he sets up the attack, he shapes the hostile tone, and he has no intention of stopping it. This is not some pathetic individual with poor social skills--JG is an excellent social manipulator. He is able to elicit from others exactly what he wants. He wants to create dissension and conflict, and see how long he can keep it going. He wants to create a following--a sort of internet fan club--and make some sort of name for himself. Why else would he not change his user name after getting booted out of various Web sites? His anger at those who have dug up info on his other past forum forays is also somewhat disingenuous, since it was JG himself who told us about his exile from Yahoo. He's proud of all this, as any creator might be proud of his work.

I agree with you, ragman
Quote:
..it truly is no longer funny or entertaining-even as a voyeur.

I think we are being exploited. I also think the net effect of continued engagement with JG is destructive. It is too mean-spirited, on all sides, and it encourages more of the same. JG might get his kicks from this, but I fail to see any other merit in continuing to humor him.

JG is essentially a cartoon character, without dimension or depth, and his creator has drawn him in a few broad strokes with brash colors. He's right, those cartoons aren't all warm and fuzzy and cute. Some are downright malicious. Some might even be as "serious as cancer". Some can be dangerous to a forum's health.

Ragman

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:41 pm
@firefly,
Amen, Bingo. You have hit max Dog-aucity!
Ground zero has been reached.
Sherlock, you have hit Holme!

All that you wrote is not only logical but is probably 95% - 99.9% on target. (Even numb-nuts is smiling to himself now for going as far as he did and getting away with garnering that much attention and forum involvement before he was totally bagged and/or tossed out.)

IMHO, what more can anyone say...as you seemed to have put a bow on it. Even the continual PM-ing people was designed to achieve a divisive purpose ....get dissenters off his tail or raise the level of ire).

Thanks for (at least in my mind) helping solve this mystery.

Finally, I feel further involvement reduces the level of quality commentary on A2K and semblence of community, which, is another of his intentions, in the long run.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:51 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
I think we are being exploited. I also think the net effect of continued engagement with JG is destructive. It is too mean-spirited, on all sides, and it encourages more of the same
God Damn, your spreading of fear and victimization gets old. THis fool came around to A2K to play and we are playing with him, it is all in good fun. Lighten up, and stop trying to boss everyone around and being a Debbie Downer
Ragman

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 01:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Personally, I saw nowhere in Firefly's commentary where she was telling anyone what to do. More distortion and obfuscation on your part. Must be tough for you when a woman shows how much more astute she is than you are.

Boy, does that make your peepee small! (sung to the tune of Crystal Gale's pop song 'Don't It Make Your Brown Eyes Blue)
hawkeye10

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 02:20 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Personally, I saw nowhere in Firefly's commentary where she was telling anyone what to do
Your ability to comprehend is not established in my mind.....Firefly was clearly agitating for a uniformed community response justified with fear and victim culture pop psychology. Had she said "I choose not to response to him for Z,Y and Z reasons that would have been one thing, but she did not. She also has not followed her own advise, as she responded to him at least as recently as 30 minutes ago.
Ragman

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 02:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Fear? What fear? You've an overactive imagination and a marked tendency for overstating your case.

So what if she was advocating something? If she was doing so, that's her right. However, that in no way is "telling people what to do"! Isn't that just what you're doing? Free country being what it is and all!

Why are you paying attention to why and where she is posting? Why are you playing A2K cop or your own brand of vigilantism?

Moving on. Excelsior!
firefly

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 02:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
.Firefly was clearly agitating for a uniformed community response justified with fear and victim culture pop psychology

Firefly was doing no such thing. I simply offered my own analysis of JGoldman10. I am not suggesting, much less agitating, for any particular response on the part of the A2K community.

It was JG who characterized his own posts as being "as serious as cancer". That's an interesting metaphor he's chosen, don't you think? Isn't JG the one raising some sort of specter of fear/destructiveness/dangerousness--and associating it with himself and his comments? Trolls exploit the platforms offered by internet forums all the time. What, on earth, does that have to do with "victim culture pop psychology"? That's your obsession, not mine.

As usual, Hawkeye, you distort and misinterpret things so they fit into your own preconceived ideas--in this case, your ideas about me. And, as usual, you are wrong.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 04:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
Seriously, is this the sort of language that a Christian should use?
shewolfnm

Thu 10 Mar, 2011 07:24 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

That collegial sort of spirit of healthy debate has been arrested by this fool.

then why keep poking the badger with a spoon??? Laughing
0 Replies