Message to Butrflynet

firefly

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:09 pm
@wmwcjr,
When I was a kid, I had an uncle who enjoyed somewhat morbid forms of amusement, and, in particular, he liked comics like this one, and had quite a collection of them.
http://www.comicbookdaily.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1950-vaultofhorror12.gif
This was not the sort of thing my parents allowed me to read, so, naturally, I couldn't wait to get my hands on these comics when I visited my uncle. I found them very creepy and disturbing, really disturbing, but that was part of their fascination for me. They conjured up real horror and scared the life out of me. Once I became a teen I was no longer interested in them, and I've never been a fan of horror movies, although I have enjoyed a few based on Stephen King's novels. I like to be scared by something suspenseful, but horror is something I can't really find enjoyable or entertaining.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:20 pm
@wmwcjr,
HORROR is demonic and is not glorifying God.

When I was my dad also had a collection of Heavy Metal magazines- that was before he was a Christian. The only reason I know what Heavy Metal magazine was because my dad had some of them.
firefly

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why is horror demonic?

How do you define "demonic"?

My uncle's comics were shocking and gruesome, but I'd never think of them as demonic.

Mickey Mouse doesn't glorify God either, but, so what? Not everything is intended to serve that purpose.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:40 pm
@firefly,
Most cartoons that the WORLD makes doesn't glorify God.

Mickey Mouse used withcraft in the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Horror is about death and bloodshed and people using witchcraft-God says that's an abomination.
firefly

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Horror is about death and bloodshed

Large parts of the Bible are about death and bloodshed.

Horror does not always involve witchcraft. The supernatural has always interested people. The supernatural includes conceptions of God(s) as well as things like witchcraft.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:49 pm
@firefly,
DEMONIC forces are at work in a lot of HORROR STORIES- that is WITCHCRAFT and is NOT OF GOD.

That's why I don't celebrate Halloween.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:50 pm
@firefly,
Why are you mentioning Disney? I am more into the Warner stuff and the stuff other studios do.
firefly

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
DEMONIC forces are at work in a lot of HORROR STORIES- that is WITCHCRAFT and is NOT OF GOD.

That's why I don't celebrate Halloween.

That's your choice.

Many other people obviously enjoy the horror genre, along with celebrating Halloween.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:54 pm
@firefly,
I KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS- GOD SAYS IF YOU LOVE GOD TO HATE EVIL AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.

I am not going to GRIEVE the Holy Ghost by watching HORROR movies.
firefly

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 12:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Why are you mentioning Disney? I am more into the Warner stuff and the stuff other studios do.

Are you saying we can only discuss subjects of interest to you? Laughing
http://bibleoutlines.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/self-centered.jpg

JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:02 pm
@firefly,
If people want to like horror, that's their business. I DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE DISCUSSING THIS AND I KNOW BETTER.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
How is any of your views on religion relevant to what you asked? You're so into bait-and-switch.

You ask and seem to want to find something marketable about your art. Instead you ask and then just type your propaganda incessantly on Internet forums. If you continue to hide in your cubbyhole and post repeat messages DAY and NIGHT for the next 10 yrs, you'll get nowhere. No one will ever see your comics. The questions you ask about graphics technology show you're stunting your own growth. By your own admision you don't know how to copyright your work so it's doubtful you have submitted it online anywhere.

You asked what way to market your work but you're intent is clear on Proselytizing only. You aren't even familiar by your own admission with many or even some of the other comics. How can you seriously market your own art and comics if you aren't studiously studying the competition - even for their own flaws. You're not open minded enough to expose yourself, to say the least so you doubtless will just waste your own time and talent asking repeatedly the same questions and info that after 10 yrs should have already mastered.

Personally, as a professional photographer, I had to study other's art and marketing whether or not I liked their work. All lessons were and are valuable as long as the road leads you to learning how and where to exhibit your work to the niche you want to target. The better you are able to reach others and express yourself, the better you get your message across and become a success.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:13 pm
@Ragman,
This is why I am going to MAKE MY OWN comics- I object to a lot of the stuff OTHER COMPANIES DO- which is why I don't read a lot of them.

I want to also make CHRISTIAN comics-there IS A NEED FOR THAT.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:14 pm
@Ragman,
I am NOT GOING TO COMPROMISE MY BELIEFS TO MAKE COMICS. That is why.
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
Nothing I wrote contradicts what you wrote. Nowhere did I suggest or state that you compromise yourself. Nowhere did I write and tell you NOT to make your own comics. You show clearly your inabilty to read and comprehend and/or focus.

This, and mainly this, is why people get frustrated with you. For most here it's not your beliefs - it's your behavior of not listening and focusing on the advice given - that advice for which you asked.

Whether ot not your inability to focus and listen and misinterpret is a mental condition is unclear. You may be unwilling to change your behavior and actually listen to the advice for which you repeatedly ask ad nauseum.
So far 6 years later you ask the same 4 questions reworded over and over.
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:27 pm
@Ragman,
I have been on web forums seeking help for my comics and doing research for it LONGER THAN 6 years.
firefly

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
http://activerain.com/image_store/uploads/1/5/9/6/4/ar127240603346951.jpg
0 Replies

Ragman

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:30 pm
@JGoldman10,
You are damaged as you show your cannot focus and cannot remember a bloody thing.

Your history on Internet and other forums has been common knowledge on A2K as it's been discussed 100 times.

Another irrelavant piece of obfuscation.
You repeat the same questions and yet do nothing with the info.

Peace out!
JGoldman10

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:34 pm
@Ragman,
I DON'T RECEIVE THAT- I DON'T LIVE IN THE PAST, OLD MAN. GOODBYE.
Ragman

Sat 19 Mar, 2011 01:38 pm
@JGoldman10,
The fact you once again choose to not grasp the obvious is more proof of your lack of comprehension in general. You not only don't live in the past, but you aren't in the present either. You cannot remember from post to post and thread to thread what you've written and what's written to you. that sheds doubt on your ability retain info - a real handicap for retraining with your college course aspirations

I laugh at your attempt at the insult by calling me an old man. I'm proud of my age. Hopefully somewhere in your young life you'll gain some sort of insight and knowledge and move towards the positive things that'll keep you from repeating the same neurotic behavior. So far, it seems very doubtful