Christians-how do you feel about using funny animals (& other things) to convey the Gospel to kids?

hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 01:31 am
@JGoldman10,
You said you would talk to your Bishop - I assumed Catholic, my apologies - just substitute the word 'christian' anywhere I've said 'catholic' and you'll get my drift.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 01:34 am
@JGoldman10,
Fine - like I said, that was clear from your initial post, your mind was already set. I just offered an alternative position for you to analyse your position against. You have your opinion and are entitled to it. Personally, as I've said, I think it belittles the importance of God's word to promote it the same way you'd promote chewing gum and fizzy drinks to kids, but that is just my opinion.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 02:03 am
@hingehead,
How is teaching kids a good moral lesson form the Scriptures belittling God's Word?
hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 02:14 am
@JGoldman10,
Because you are using cuddly animal cartoons to tell it. God didn't use cuddly animal cartoons to tell it. I'm just saying, it seems disrepectful. Maybe if you got a burning bush to teach it - I don't know. How did kids ever learn moral lessons from the scriptures without cuddly cartoon animals?

Your phrasing of the question is disingenuous
Quote:
How is teaching kids a good moral lesson form the Scriptures belittling God's Word?

That would be me saying what's wrong with teaching kids to eat their vegetables - while using talking sex toys to do it.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 02:16 am
@hingehead,
Okay-did you ever watch any of the Christian cartoons they have on TBN on Saturday mornings? A lot of them use people.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 02:19 am
@hingehead,
Davey and Goliath- famous Christian cartoon- the DOG talked in that:

http://www.daveyandgoliath.org/
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 02:45 am
@hingehead,
Why would you use the analogy of using talking sex toys to teach kids about eating vegetables? I don't get the correlation.
hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 06:10 am
@JGoldman10,
You're using a talking animal cartoon to defend talking animal cartoons. I'm not asking if anyone else is doing it, I'm asking whether it's right. How old are you? I feel like I'm lecturing a teen and saying 'Well if Johnny put his head in a fire would you?'
hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 06:16 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Why would you use the analogy of using talking sex toys to teach kids about eating vegetables? I don't get the correlation.

I said the way you asked the question was disingenuous, because you asked this:
Quote:

If you were honest you would have phrased it like this:
Quote:
How is teaching kids a good moral lesson fROm the Scriptures using cute talking cartoon animals belittling God's Word?

To mirror what you did I would have asked:
Quote:
How is teaching children to eat vegetables bad?

Instead of
Quote:
How is teaching children to eat vegetables using talking sex toys bad?

Do you get what I mean? Do you see the correlation? Certainly I used hyperbole to get the point across - but even that hasn't seemed to have penetrated. You phrased the question in such a way as to leave the contentious part out.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:40 pm
@hingehead,
NOT ALL FUNNY ANIMALS ARE CUTE.

You are a CATHOLIC- I don't talk to CATHOLICS. CATHOLICS are NOT CHRISTIANS- they are CULTISTS.
Ceili

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
You really are a ******* idiot.
hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
You are an idiot. Catholics are christians, ask your bishop. And I'm not a catholic or a christian (as I said when you asked), just someone who's read a book you say you live by but haven't read. If you knew anything at all the religion you say you believe in you'd know that the original christians were catholics. Every other branch of christianity came from that root. Read a little. Question occasionally. Grow up.

PS cap locks is code for 'I'm an idiot who can't express himself with words'
hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:49 pm
@Ceili,
You know Ceili, I started my reply with "You are a ******* idiot" - and took the ******* out, for decorum's sake. Glad you left it in.
Ceili

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:51 pm
@hingehead,
I reserve decorum for those who deserve it. I wish this poor excuse for a christian would just disapear. He's too stupid to take a hint though.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 07:54 pm
@hingehead,
HELLO- NO YOU ARE NOT. YOU ARE A FRIGGIN' CULTIST.
YOU ALL PRAY TO MARY AND ASK HER TO PRAY TO GOD
YOU CHANGE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. YOU DON'T DO THINGS GOD'S WAY- CATHOLICS ABONDONED GOD'S WAYS AND TEACHINGS AND TRIED TO DO THINGS THEIR WAY. YES-CATHOLICS ABONDONED GOD'S TEACHINGS IN EXCHANGE FOR THEIR OWN.

YOU REVERENCE MARY- THAT IS IDOLATRY.

YOU ASK A CATHOLIC PRIEST TO PARODN YOUR SINS INSTEAD OF GOD.

JESUS SAID THE ONLY WAY TO THE FATHER IS THROUGH HIM.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT- SHE-DEVIL.

YOU DON'T DO WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS- YOU SAID YOURSELF YOU AREN'T A CHRISTIAN.
I DON'T BUSINESS WITH CATHOLICS_ I DON'T LIKE CATHOLICS. CATHOLICS ARE OF THE DEVIL.
I OBJECT TO CATHOLICS TRYING TO TELL US BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIANS WHAT TO DO.

BUG OFF.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 08:00 pm
@hingehead,
I KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT CATHOLICS.

I HAVE THIS BOOK:

ROMAN CATHOLICISM AND THE BIBLE_ IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING THAT CATHOLICS DO_ MOST OF WHAT THEY DO GOES AGIANST WHAT THE WROD OF GOD SAYS. CATHOLICS ADD STUFF TO THE WORD AND CHANGE IT_ THE BIBLE SAYS NOT TO DO THAT.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 08:00 pm
@hingehead,
MY BISHOP IS A BORN-AGAIN BELIEVER. HE IS GOING TO TELL YOU THE SAME THING I AM TELLING YOU.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 08:01 pm
@Ceili,
Ypu're an obnoxious hate-filled Asian who thinks black people are stupid.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 08:02 pm
@hingehead,
YOU AREN'T A CHRISTIAN IRREGARDLESS- BUG OFF YOU FREAK.
hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 08:29 pm
@JGoldman10,
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You're calling me a freak? Read your last set of posts caps lock boy.

By the way, it is true that christianity values forgiveness, tolerance and turning the other cheek isn't it?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Pi6YkxGBySg/RbzfgXY3zPI/AAAAAAAAALk/TCb2jVsHXhQ/s400/Bizarro.gif