Christians-how do you feel about using funny animals (& other things) to convey the Gospel to kids?

farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 07:49 am
@farmerman,
Goliath had one of the creepiest pervy voices Ive ever heard. My mom always thought that this show was written by some skeeve
hingehead

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 08:13 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Asians have BEIGE/brown/tan and yellow/cream skin.

Asians got stripes?
Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 08:15 am
@hingehead,
Yipes stripes!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 08:24 am
@farmerman,
didn't davey grow up to be son of sam Razz
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:33 pm
@hingehead,
They have brown skin or they have yellowish skin.

They don't all have yellowish skin-that's a stereotype.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:35 pm
@farmerman,
I am A NONDENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN. I am not a FUNDAMENTALIST you ignoramus.
farmerman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:39 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well, pardon me asshole. Are you then a snake handler or a "speaker in tonues" believer?
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:40 pm
@farmerman,
Yes-I believe in speaking in tongues. What does that have to do with anything?
JTT

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:57 pm
@contrex,
You seem to be awfully confused about the meaning of troll, Contrex. But why would an adult ever use such a childish pejorative anyway?
Ragman

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 12:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
Besides that making you certifiable - not a thing!

Oh, and please stop PMing me. You PMed me yesterday but there's no need to do so as I find it a nuisance. You don't seem to understand social cues at all. If you continue PM-ing me, I'll need to report you as you'd be in breach of TOS of this website. This seems to be a familiar pattern of yours for the last 5 years on the Internet, though perhaps you aren't capable of changing your patterns of behavior.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:00 pm
@JTT,
He's being judgmental and trying to find fault with me. Accusing me of stuff I did or didn't do.

He is trying to condemn me-that's not of God.

The Bible says there's no condemnation for those of us who are in Christ Jesus.

How is acting like a Christian and expressing your views as a Christian being a troll?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:01 pm
@Ragman,
No problem-I won't Pm you.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:03 pm
@JTT,
He ASSUMES trying to talk about God and the Bible is causing trouble. I am serious about God and the Bible.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:03 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
JGoldman10 Mystery Theatre
link http://www.bewilderingstories.com/issue107/jgoldman.html
[Spooky organ music rises.]
ANNOUNCER [in sepulchral voice]: Do you dare to attend opening night at [music swells; heavy echo on voice] JGoldman10 Mystery Theatre?

[Music trails off to accompaniment of eerie laughter, creaking door, squeaky adolescent male voice babbling inane questions, e.g., ”If Wolverine has wolverine powers, does he spray to mark his territory? Are there any superheroes named after body parts?” etc.]

ANNOUNCER: “They seek him heah, they seek him theah! Those fanboys seek him everywheah! He makes them wonder — ‘Who, how, when?’ — That demmed, infernal JGoldman10!”
Tune in next time, when we delve deeper into dark secrets ... heh heh. Bwah hah. BWAH HAH HAAAH HEH HAAAAH HEH HAH ....

[Laughter fades into background, squeaky male adolescent voice rises, babbling as before, e.g., ”Is asking stupid questions a mutant ability? If metahumans have mutant abilities, are they still metahumans?” etc. Music continues to rise, mercifully drowning out the questions, then fades out.]
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:27 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

You seem to be awfully confused about the meaning of troll, Contrex. But why would an adult ever use such a childish pejorative anyway?

"Troll," in the context of message boards and the like, describes somebody who is posting just to be confrontational or to raise hackles. One example might be a teenager who finds a Jewish message board and posts, "The Holocaust never happened." The teen may not know or care one way or the other--he just wants a reaction. He wants to piss people off. He is a troll.

There are more subtle trolling techniques as well. One Internet dictionary (www.whatis.com) gives a real example in which somebody posted about "the discovery of an ancient African carving containing a list of prime numbers." The poster listed some of the prime numbers supposedly on the carving, some of which weren't actually primes. People who saw the message, thinking he was serious, responded with corrections. The troll then announced that those who spent their time responding to him had been "hooked."

That suggests how the term got its start. Trolling, to those who don't spend all their time in front of the computer, is a method of fishing where you trail bait through the water from a slow-moving boat hoping to hook an unwary fish. An online troll does much the same.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:30 pm
@contrex,
I'm NOT TRYING TO INCITE TROUBLE by talking about God and the Bible.
I am expressing my views FROM A GODLY POINT OF VIEW.
I am NOT GOING TO DENY GOD IN FRONT OF PEOPLE AND I AM NOT GOING TO COMPROMISE MY BELIEFS.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:37 pm
@contrex,
You are MAD I'M TRYING TO DISCUSS GOD AND THE BIBLE.
I'm a MAN OF GOD-I'm going to magnify God in my discussions.

If you don't like what I am saying, don't respond.

I am NOT TROLLING.
contrex

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I am NOT TROLLING.

...said the troll. Trolling using God's name is a particularly ugly form of blasphemy, almost certainly inspired by Satan. You should be ashamed. You are going to hell.

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:49 pm
@contrex,
You're a CLOWN and an IDIOT if you believe what some OTHER CLOWNS SAID ABOUT ME ON SOME OTHER WEB FORUM.

People persecuted Jesus-that is what you are doing.

I am NOT going to agree with everything PEOPLE IN THE WORLD are doing.

God says to hate sin and rebuke sin openly.

I am GOING TO BE OBEDIENT TO WHAT GOD SAYS,

I don't expect Unsaved people to think and act like Christians. I'm praying for you and a handful of other people here.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 01:52 pm
@contrex,
I am not the one being confrontational. YOU ARE-you are BAITING.

You're on my ignore list. You and electronicmail NEED TO GET A LIFE.
0 Replies