Christians-how do you feel about using funny animals (& other things) to convey the Gospel to kids?

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 12:01 am
@hingehead,
I am certain the people who made this cartoon prayed about making that cartoon before they made it.
hingehead

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 01:12 am
@JGoldman10,
But praying doesn't make it right. If I prayed before blaspheming I would expect God to be disappointed that I was asking forgiveness for a sin I was about to commit when I could instead just not commit the sin.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 07:58 am
@hingehead,
God is the one to ask about these things.
hingehead

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:03 am
@JGoldman10,
I'm asking right now!
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:13 am
@hingehead,
God has the final say on these things. HE is the one to ask to be sure. I would think the Lord would tell and convict these artists and performers if they were doing something wrong.

An anthropomorphic animal or object is basically a person in an animal/object suit.
djjd62

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:39 am
@JGoldman10,
dude, prairie dog spelled backwards, is god eiriarp, that sounds kind of demonic, i can't imagine god being happy with that
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 02:40 pm
@djjd62,
Anagrams? I think you are reading into these things.
hingehead

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 04:53 pm
@JGoldman10,
Actually it's a palindrome (the anagram of the evil one). Go ahead if you think it's OK. I wouldn't if it was my soul.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 10:29 pm
@hingehead,
Are you a Christian? It seems you are mocking me-there's nothing funny about what you said.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 10:34 pm
@hingehead,
No I'm not a christian - but I have read the bible and I was seriously trying to help you work it out, given your beliefs. You told me to pray, have you tried it? Did you get an answer? Honestly it seemed to me like you'd made up your mind before you asked the question. I still think a christian God would be uncomfortable with human-like animals preaching the gospels - doesn't that sound like a mockery to you?
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 10:38 pm
@hingehead,
Your post about prairie dog spelled backwards is a mocking post.

Anthropormorphic animals are FICTIONAL CHARACTERS.

I'm not showing them having sex or trying to objectify them or depict them suing magic like in OTHER CARTOONS.

The Bible says God made MAN in His image - it also says let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 11:05 pm
@hingehead,
It says in Psalms 150:6 - Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
That's probably where the inspiration for God Rocks came from:

http://www.tbn.org/watch/images/programs/GodRocks!1.jpg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 11:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
Firstly, I didn't post the prairie dog thing - go check.

Secondly, neither rocks or cartoon animals have breath. But given your attention to detail demonstrated by your first post I doubt that will worry you.

Think about it - why are you doing this? - because the gospel doesn't stand up on it's own, that it has to be sold to children with something they think is cute? The bible is God's word and you don't think it's good enough? I really think you should take a closer look at what your motivations are.

Just my opinion - it's your call.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 11:58 pm
@hingehead,
You ARE MAKING FUN of the prairie dog thing.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 11:58 pm
@hingehead,
Animals have breath-God made them.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:34 am
@JGoldman10,
I got into the spirit - DJ is a funny guy. And I'm right it's a palindrome rather than an anagram. It's like calling an octagon a polygon, or a spider an arthropod, it's not incorrect but it isn't very specific.

Animals breathe - cartoon animals don't. Animals eat, cartoon animals don't.

You do realise there is a talking animal in the bible don't you? Check Revelation 13, you are on shaky ground by my reckoning.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:39 am
@hingehead,
I don't have time for people like you-people who want to belittle my postings.
You aren't Saved-I shouldn't ask you. I will ask my BISHOP-he's a MAN OF GOD.
hingehead

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:50 am
@JGoldman10,
Why didn't you do that in the first place? I'm not belittling your postings, I'm telling you where you stand as far as the bible is concerned on anthropomorphic gospel preaching cartoon animals -

Being a catholic I would have thought you would have read the bible and understood. I hope your bishop can help you out.

How do you tell who's saved anyway? Do you get a certificate? I really think the way you say 'you aren't saved' shows just how unchristian you are - who are you to determine God's judgement? Ask your bishop about that.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 01:25 am
@hingehead,
I don't discuss the Bible with Catholics.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 01:27 am
I don't see something wrong with funny animals going to Church or what-not-I have a problem with people using funny animals to represent Christ and the angels and saints in the Bible.