Hi, Time Travelers? Anybody here from the past? How many from the future?

Chumly

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:15 pm
We are the future...the integration of bioengineering, artificial intelligence and cybernetics is changing man.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
I don't know why Superman hides to change. He can move so fast that he could change in our presence without us noticing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:28 pm
@Chumly,
The future awaits. We are but infants in the scheme of things.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't know what that is, reyn.

Here is a small write-up from Wiki, re: Doctor Who.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who

The longest running science fiction series on TV, even with the gaps when it's not been on.

TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TARDIS
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 12:44 pm
I have long been aware of Dr Who, but never developed an interest in it. Most sci-fi shows leave me dissatisfied, even though I consider myself a fan.
Francis

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 01:35 pm
I'm timeless..

I live the beauty of life..
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 02:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do you have any favourite time travelling movies?

Here's somewhat of a list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Time_travel_films

I've seen a lot, but one that stands out that I thought was quite good was "Time After Time".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_After_Time_(1979_film)
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 02:35 pm
@Reyn,
Not that many. Back to the Future, of course. The Stewie Griffith stories. I like The Sound of Thunder as a short story. I hear it was a movie. Didn't care that much for films based on Wells' The Time Machine. I am sure there are others. The time machine in the Alley Oop comic strip took a good strip and made it great.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 03:17 pm
@Reyn,
wow, i'm amazed at how many i've seen, and films you don't think of as time travel (though of course they are) like the Planet of the Apes films and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 03:43 pm
@djjd62,
Planet of the Apes? Time travel? I don't recall.
djjd62

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 03:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
at the end, Heston finds the Statue of Liberty destroyed and buried in the sand, he's been on earth along (in the later films the apes return to the past and the baby they leave behind leads the rise of the apes)
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 03:50 pm
@djjd62,
Been a long time since I watched it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:46 pm
Well, what about it? Time travelers, your anonymity will be assured when you post here. Give us a few tidbits of special insight gained by the experience, pretty please.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 05:59 pm
I did like "The Lake House", which features a time-travelling mailbox. When Sandra Bullock puts a letter in it, the letter travels back in time two years or so to Keanu Reeves, and when he puts a letter in it it travels forward in time to her. Keanu Reeves also holds the all-time record for worst movie sneeze for his work in that film.
Letty

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 06:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
I used to become everything that I saw or read. I still do that in dreams, sometimes.

The Day the Earth Stood Still.

H.G. Welles as well. Razz

Jules Verne. I was underwater with him in that one. I love creatures of the sea. I was on The Nautilus.

I watched all the movies of Planet of the Apes. I recall seeing the last one, and some kid in front said to his father. "This is the last sequel, dad." Dad's reply, "I god I hope so."

The thing that I recall most vividly of The War of the Worlds, is the fact that the common cold virus killed the Martians. There's a lesson to be learned there.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 06:29 pm
"Time After Time" in that list of time travel movies is another one I liked quite a bit. Jack the Ripper, who was in the movie and possibly in history too a member of London's intelligentsia, uses HG Wells' time machine (in the movie Wells actually made one) to escape to 1970s San Francisco. Wells goes after him and tries to bring him back to Victorian London. Jack doesn't want to go back, because he finds modern times from his viewpoint pleasingly violent (thank you OmSigDavid, for your part in abetting the violence). The Ripper has the trenchant line, "90years ago, I was a freak. Now... I'm an amateur".
Ionus

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 07:14 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Jack the Ripper, who was in the movie and possibly in history too a member of London's intelligentsia
There is a rather good possibility that suggests his true identity was a USA citizen in London at the time.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/ripper.html

Quote:
The Ripper has the trenchant line, "90years ago, I was a freak. Now... I'm an amateur".
Priceless !! Very Happy
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2011 09:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
I really enjoyed that movie. Seen it 3 times. Chokes me up every time.
0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:31 am
PHILADELPHIA EXPERIMENT TIME TRAVELER EDWARD Cameron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWkq4oM8HCA
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:34 am
I'm from the distant future. There, i was considered a "Neanderthal" because my thorax is actually larger than my head, and i could walk to the store without going into cardiac arrest. I came back here because i fit right in, and nobody notices.
0 Replies