What would life be like if God/god/gods really existed?

wayne

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 07:01 pm
@Ionus,
Here you go jumping from church going people to atheism, throw devout in there to further obfuscate, and then infer that hedonistic lifestyles are exclusive to atheism.

Human beings struggle with faith, all of us, no one has perfect faith, read your bible before you spew this bs. Many, many, persons with religous beliefs commit crimes and wind up in jail. So what if some convicts become converts in jail, plenty couldn't care less.

The difference between atheist hedonism and christian hedonism?
The christians get to say they've been blessed.

So, was Jim Baker devout or nominally religous?
JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 07:34 pm
@wayne,
Why are you guys arguing about something you know you could never change? Do you honestly believe sharing 'opinions' on some forum is going to change anything? LOL
Rockhead

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 07:38 pm
@JPLosman0711,
and you are doing what?

trying to exhibit superiority?

on an internet forum...

Rolling Eyes
wayne

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 07:39 pm
@JPLosman0711,
Because we have computers, and one of us likes to argue.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 07:43 pm
@Rockhead,
Well at least someone here sees 'JPLosman0711' as 'superior'.

Whatever that means.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 10:02 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
if you had any more false assumptions inside of your hollow skull, it would implode. your omniscience is right up there with your god's...hedonistic lifestyle made me laugh out loud.

There you have it. Proof against my line of reasoning. Quite a detailed argument of facts you have their, bub. Or was it ?

Quote:
maroon...
Very Happy You think I am a coloured person ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 10:05 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
anyone who has read your posts then automatically assumes you to be lying after that...
Tell me about the mistake of omni-prescient again ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 10:13 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
So, was Jim Baker devout or nominally religous?
Do you mean Jim Bakker ???? He was an atheist who knows how to use people and bullshit to them, a lot like some people here.

Quote:
then infer that hedonistic lifestyles are exclusive to atheism.
Are the poor hedonistic ? Because there is a link between poverty and religion. How many of the USA wealthiest are religious ? Why do you think we live in the most hedonistic civilisation to date and religion is falling away ?

Quote:
read your bible before you spew this bs.
I wish I had a dollar for every time I had to explain to some clown I am not religious. Try asking the other persons beliefs before you wear out all your ESP next time, bub.
JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 10:21 pm
@Ionus,
Lol still arguing.....
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 09:32 am
@Ionus,
Quote:
Do you mean Jim Bakker ???? He was an atheist who knows how to use people and bullshit to them, a lot like some people here.

OK, that explains it, you are the authority on who's religious and who's atheist.

And by the way, you don't have to be religious to read up on the subject matter before you make wild associations.

So what if there's a link between poverty and religion, there is a link between humans and religion, a link between crusades and religion, a link between pedophiles and religion, ad infinitum.

Oh, and civilization is spelled with a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 11:20 am
@wayne,
yes...any link is a form of perspective...my criteria is to peak the more encompassing one.
I reduce the upper value of Atheism when compared with any form of Religion to one single aspect:
Atheism does not enforce any kind of particular belief upon citizens...ultimately if it comes in its healthiest form, Agnosticism, it will tolerate all kinds of beliefs.
On the other hand criticism against Religion based on Historical record must bare in mind that the older the "system" the statistically more prone to accumulate a sum of errors ins its operational process...Atheism, the way is going recently, might well catch up...
FBM

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 01:36 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

I think if the Christian god appeared that churches would increase but that skeptics would remain skeptics.

You're probably right about the number of churches. A lot of believers aren't church-goers, and those would probably start attending, assuming god said he wanted them to. I tend to equate church-going with faith, which would no longer be required of god were to present itself.

Not sure why skeptics would remain skeptics, though. Explain?
JLNobody

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 02:10 pm
I think it's safe to say that many believers do not belong to or attend a church and many church goers who do not believe. There are many ways to express one's beliefs and many reasons to attend church other than religious ones.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 05:55 pm
@wayne,
Quote:
OK, that explains it, you are the authority on who's religious and who's atheist.
I thought the problem was you had already decided and I was contributing.

Quote:
you don't have to be religious to read up on the subject matter before you make wild associations.
You said YOUR Bible...it is not mine...I am not religious.

Quote:
So what if there's a link between poverty and religion, there is a link between humans and religion, a link between crusades and religion, a link between pedophiles and religion, ad infinitum.
I don't suppose you would care to learn something about statistics before continuing ?

Quote:
Oh, and civilization is spelled with a
So you did recognise it did you ? Are you also an authority on how english is spelt everywhere or are you just an another amero-phile who doesnt know where Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan are ?
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 05:58 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Atheism does not enforce any kind of particular belief upon citizens...
It forces the belief that there is no higher authority, that we might as well do what feels good because we are all dead eventually . Where is the motive to treat others with respect ? Fear of the Police ?
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 06:38 pm
@Ionus,
My motive for respecting others comes from my innate love of humanity.
Joe(and my deep affection for you)Nation
Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 06:40 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
My motive for respecting others comes from my innate love of humanity.
How has your innate love of humanity evolved from pond scum ? By what mechanism do you have this love ?
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 06:58 pm
@Ionus,
innate: existing in one from birth; inborn; native: innate musical talent. 2. inherent in the essential character of something: an innate defect in the hypothesis. ...
I was born with the sense that people were lovable. Everyone is.

Haven't you ever seen a baby light up when he sees another baby??
Babies have to be carefully taught not to love.
Joe(and thanks to Rodgers and Hammerstein )Nation
wayne

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 07:12 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
So you did recognise it did you ? Are you also an authority on how english is spelt everywhere or are you just an another amero-phile who doesnt know where Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan are ?

Ahhh, there's the chip that flavors all your discourse.

Are you also afraid that owning a bible will make you religious?
Jim Bakker owned a few, and he wasn't religious.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 08:23 pm
@FBM,
I think some would suspect a hologram, as in the Star Trek episode. They would see trickery.