gollum

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2003 08:45 pm
Someone told me that when Mario Cuomo was governor of New York State, he proposed legislation to give all pregnant women in New York free prenatal care and that State Senator George E. Pataki voted against it.

How can I find whether this is true?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,157 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2003 09:50 pm
The Governor's (Cuomo) successful prenatal assistance program has expanded health care to hundreds of thousands of working poor and pregnant women, who might not otherwise have been able to afford health care. (1994)
"Quality health care for new and expecting mothers can help to ensure the healthy start in life that all of New York's children deserve," Governor George Pataki
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 06:01 am
dyslexia wrote:
The Governor's (Cuomo) successful prenatal assistance program has expanded health care to hundreds of thousands of working poor and pregnant women, who might not otherwise have been able to afford health care. (1994)
"Quality health care for new and expecting mothers can help to ensure the healthy start in life that all of New York's children deserve," Governor George Pataki
Dyslexia:
When was it passed?

Did State Senator Pataki vote for or against it?

Where can I read more about it?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 06:10 am
http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/fhplus/what_is_fhp.htm

Quote:
What health insurance coverage can I get if I'm pregnant?

A pregnant woman applying for health insurance is not eligible for Family Health Plus but may receive full coverage under Medicaid and/or New York's Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP). Pregnant women should call the Healthy Baby Hotline at 1-800-522-5006 to get answers to their questions regarding income eligibility and to find a PCAP provider near their home or work.

If a woman becomes pregnant after enrolling in Family Health Plus, she will be given the option of continuing her enrollment with Family Health Plus or changing to Medicaid. She should contact her plan and her local social services office to discuss her options and to be sure that her baby will get health care coverage.

http://www.budget.state.ny.us/pubs/press/2002/pr022102a.html
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 07:25 am
It would seem the program is still alive and well:

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/perinatal/en/pcap.htm
0 Replies