EVERYTHING JGOLDMAN10

firefly

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Good grief, Hawkeye, don't give him suggestions like that, the typing in caps is bad enough. Laughing
0 Replies

Ionus

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 07:34 am
@firefly,
Quote:
I'm amusing myself.
By being hateful . No surprises there .
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 09:42 am
JGoldman, you are such a turkey. You talk about trying to get in touch, apparently for quite awhile with the creator of "Annoying Orange" and finding out how he did it. I spent five minutes online and found half a dozen tutorials on how to do it yourself, one guy who talks about how to find a free download of AfterEffects (don't know how legal it is, I didn't follow it out, but it is there), and about a 9 minute video intgerview with the guy who makes it, WHO STARTED OUT DOING SHORT VIRAL VIDEOS WITH A FLIPCAM, WHICH WERE FREE, JUST LIKE WE TOLD YOU TO DO, IDIOT. You presumably know about Google. Use it. Use youTube--you can find how-tos on damn near everything you're interested in.

You've heard about portfolios, I assume? Probably all your animation idols had portfolios of stuff they'd done, cartoons, comic strips they'd drawn, stuff they'd done in their free time, to show when they went in for a job. Because they were driven to draw, to get their stuff out there. You've had ten years--you should have a HUGE portfolio by now. Do you? Or do you just talk?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ykEt3Epnwg
parados

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 09:51 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

No-you need MONEY and FUNDING to get your books going. That is what I need right now. Also RESOURCES.

Get a second job for a few months. The cost to print a graphic novel are not that much. You can probably print them for about $3 each in limited runs if you demand a hard cover on it.
For a comic book that is about 30 pages long you can do a simple double sided print and staple pages. If it's good, you can sell it to street vendors or sell it yourself on the street.

Print some out. Sell them. Use the proceeds to print more.

The problem is, you need a completed work in order to print it. I wonder if that isn't your problem.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 10:26 am
JG, go to google and type in "How to self-publish a comic book". Educate yourself. Don't post another thing here until you've read at least a half-dozen of the cites. Stay off here even longer and google "How do I copyright a comic". Read half a dozen of those cites, including http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ44.pdf which is what the feds themselves tell you to do.
Tell us again how long you've been trying to find this information?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:27 pm
@MontereyJack,
NOT interested in doing animation-I want to focus on comics. I will probably do animation as a hobby on the side. I know about self-publishing already-thank you. That is whyI am searching for funding for it.

Grants and funds are out there to help comic book writers and artists. JUSt because ONE perosn didn't use them doesn't mean the money isn't there.

There's a thing called the Xeric Foundation grant:

http://www.xericfoundation.org/xericapplycomicgrants.html

DC Comics was affilated with Zuda Comics and Zuda Comic, as far I know, used to have a competition for comic book creators which which they could submit their work and win money. I knew about Zuda-I just learned they don't seem to be holding competitions anymore:

http://zuda.blog.dccomics.com/

There's a list of what not to do if you want to get into comics.

http://zuda.blog.dccomics.com/
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:28 pm
@MontereyJack,
There's a local Arts Cuncil in my county and hometown-the head of that council has been helping me to get info about resources to get funding fro my work.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
My mother suggested I look at online courses to pursue getting training to make comics. Not programs to get an online degree, something like:

http://www.cursosdedibujos.com/en/howtouse.php

I am going to look into this.

I would like to go back to school, and I probably will after all my finances are taken care of. If you have financial aid issues, there's other ways to get art training.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:42 pm
I am also interested in getting help with and doing research on language, translations, linguistics, culture, and science and tech. Info on cats and dogs. I want to incorporate this stuff into my comics.
parados

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 02:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why do you need help to do research?
Since you are already online any research you do would cost you nothing but the time you are wasting posting here.
JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:50 pm
@parados,
If I KNEW where to look I wouldn't ASK.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:58 pm
Funding for art projects:
http://www.kickstarter.com/
Now go set up a project.
MontereyJack

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:01 pm
JGoldman says:
Quote:
If I KNEW where to look I wouldn't ASK

That's what Google is for.

And do I really need to remind you that a comic is nothing but drawings and words on paper. You have paper, I'm sure. Presumably you have a pencil somewhere. Go draw something. Until you have a lot of samples of your work and your ideas, NO ONE IS GOING TO GIVE YOU ANY MONEY.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:05 pm
@Green Witch,
It kind of sucks Zuda Comics is closing their comics competition down-I have to find some other ones.

There have to be other online programs out there where I can get the art training and writing training I need to develop my comics, other than some online degree program, besides the program I posted a link to.

Thank you for your link - I will look at it.
Green Witch

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:12 pm
@JGoldman10,
You can also look at other people's comic projects and compare your own work. Notice some of these projects have raised as much as $12,000, others are being published for under $1,800.
JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:16 pm
@Green Witch,
I know-I plan on contacting some indie comic book creators out there and ask where they got the funding to produce thier works.
JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:17 pm
@Green Witch,
Some people told me where I can go to get my comics colored cheaply.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:19 pm
@JGoldman10,
Did you look at that site I linked?????? It's the info you are looking for. It's where the Indies get funding.
JGoldman10

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:36 pm
@Green Witch,
Yes-I quickly perused it. Thank you.

I'm going to look for other sources.
Green Witch

Sun 20 Mar, 2011 05:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I'm going to look for other sources.

uh, why?