Brouhaha in Wisconsin

Fido

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 01:31 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

It has always been the weakness of the democrats that they are the party of everyone else, while the republicans serve a single cause representing money and power...

Fido made a funny.
Funny, and fun for them now; but look for a day when life will be means tested, and if you have all you need while no one has ****, then you will be stretched... I hope you are with us on that; but if you choose to serve the masters, you can hang with them too; and trust me on this: It will be legal, and there will be no appeal... How can the inhuman among us ever appeal to our humanity??? If they should ask for mercy, then give us all mercy which is a life without them in it...
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 06:24 pm
Interesting review on Wisconsin situation by Politifact

Bottom line:
"The (Wisconsin) governor has proposed tax giveaways to corporations."
Donna Brazile, Sunday, February 20th, 2011.

Ruling: Mostly True

If Wisconsin's governor cuts perquisites as much as he plans to do, "it would still leave (workers) better off than their private sector" counterparts.
George Will, Sunday, February 20th, 2011.

Ruling: True

"The firefighters, the policemen and others who supported (Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker) in his election bid ... don't have to worry about their collective bargaining rights."
Donna Brazile, Sunday, February 20th, 2011.

Ruling: Half-True

"Despite what you may have heard about Wisconsin’s finances, the state is on track to have a budget surplus this year."
Rachel Maddow, Thursday, February 17th, 2011.

Ruling: False

Under changes being debated, state employees in Wisconsin "who earn $30,000, $40,000, $50,000 a year might have 20 percent of their income just disappear overnight."
Ed Schultz, Tuesday, February 15th, 2011.

Ruling: False
slkshock7

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 08:57 pm
Interesting tact for the Republicans and Gov Walker...

Quote:
GOP leaders have voted to require their missing counterparts to pick up their paychecks, per diems or any expense check in person on the chamber floor.

Senate Org voted by paper ballot today 3-2 along party lines to impose the requirement on any senator absent without leave for two or more days.

The ballot also suspends direct deposit for any lawmaker absent and specifies the majority leader will only provide the checks to the missing senators and only on the Senate floor during a session day.

source

I love it...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 07:41 am
Busted up government workers unions = Constitutional Republic Saved
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 04:32 pm

Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.) wants it to get a little bloody.
Fido

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:06 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Busted up government workers unions = Constitutional Republic Saved
I told a hillbilly apprentice that if he stuck with me he would be wearing diamonds as big as horse turds, and what he told me, I now tell you: Wall; I'd lake ta say thet...

I don't think the ruling class is stupid enough to get rid of the greatest impediment to revolution this country has ever seen: The Unions..

There should be no limits on low wages except the need to keep life in the body... Drive down wages until there is no difference between free labor and slavery... That will save your worthless constitution..
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:08 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Drive down wages until there is no difference between free labor and slavery...

That is the liberal progressive democrat plan in a nut-shell
Fido

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:10 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Rep. Michael Capuano (D-Mass.) wants it to get a little bloody.

I'd like to see what they would do in this country if people took to the streets in defense of their standards of living and their hope for the future... My bet is that our government,s would make Kadafi look like a sunday school teacher... We need some blood in the streets to show the people where they stand... We need some blood in the streets to show the people what their rights are worth... We need some blood in the street to show the people what their lower case democracy is good for...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:11 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido wrote:

Drive down wages until there is no difference between free labor and slavery...

That is the liberal progressive democrat plan in a nut-shell
How long do you think it will be after the unions are all busted before minimum wage laws go out the window??? My guess is about ten minutes max...
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:12 am
@Fido,
Less is more.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 08:11 am

GOP wins!

America wins!
High Seas

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 08:29 am
@slkshock7,
Thank you.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:23 am
@High Seas,
The republicans showed some real class once again.
Fido

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:54 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Less is more.
Less wages equals more profit for those who cut them first; but a race to the bottom lowers everyone, even the rich, hurts everyone, and destoys the domestic market so that the least little nedge throws the whole society into panic and depression... Capitalism needs consumers, and because profit, and the drive for profit pushes wages down, and eliminates productive people from the payroll, the government is forced through entitlements and fair wages to make consumers out of non producers, and the middle class has already been taxes to stupport this stupidity, and the rich refuse to do so though they are the cause of it all... The way this government was first formed worked better... Wealth and property supported government; but taxes on labor only speed the empoverishment of the whole people... The income tax was created to get those with money wealth to support the government with those having property... It has been turned against the people... Do you think it would pass today??? Do you think anyone would vote for the tax structure we have today???
Fido

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:56 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

GOP wins!

America wins!

I agree only because the wrong choice brings everyone closer to the right choice which is revolution... The alternative to going right or left is to go ahead...
Fido

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 07:56 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The republicans showed some real class once again.
Which class??? Ruling class, or capitalist class???
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 08:57 am
@Fido,
Fido, you have no class.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 08:57 am
@Fido,
moving forward... to what end?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 08:58 am
@Fido,
Less overhead equals more profit that can be shared with employees.
Taxes and government restriction/rules take that profit and redistribute it to others that have not earned it.
Fido

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2011 08:21 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Fido, you have no class.
Working class never counts as a class with the idiots; but trust me on this: It is an education..
0 Replies