How do I block users here and their posts from view?

djjd62

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:24 pm
goddamn this is fun
laughoutlood

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:25 pm
@JGoldman10,
In addition to ignoring them, how about naming the miscreants that you don't want responding to your topics so that everyone can be warned?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:25 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

goddamn this is fun

more fun than a barrel full of asian carp.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:30 pm
@chai2,
"Why am I trying to put Asians on ignore"?

I want to monitor their posts and view them WHEN THEY RESPOND APPROPRIATELY.

I am NOT PUTTING ALL ASIAN PEOPLE HERE ON IGNORE. What is wrong with you?
chai2

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:32 pm
@JGoldman10,
When you do talk to the asians, would you mind letting them know what a western breakfast is?

but first you're going to have to take them off ignore.

There's just no getting around that. Sorry.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:38 pm
@chai2,
I have reported you for your repeated carping about asians with ecru skin tones. I find it necessary to ignore your ignorance of white rabbits and/or black Italians from Brooklyn. You are now in the hands of the authorities of this sight.
chai2

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:48 pm
@dyslexia,
finally, some common sense.
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:49 pm
@chai2,
You guys are cracking me up tonight! Laughing
chai2 wrote:

djjd62 wrote:

why do you want to monitor ignored users

In case they are asian
Awesome.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 07:58 pm
@JGoldman10,
How can you tell if they are responding appropriately if you haven't viewed them yet, though?

At any rate, you can click to view a post even if that person is ignored, and the post is not visible at first.

That is, if you ignore Ceili, when she posts you will not see her username or avatar or the content of her post. Instead, you would see "user ignored" in regular black font and then after that, "view" in small green font. When you click on "view," you can then see everything as usual.
chai2

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 08:00 pm
soz, would you please stop trying to confuse this poor guy?

he's here for help.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 08:04 pm
@sozobe,
Why are you focusing on one person? I can click the link to the posts that are hidden from view to see them.

If they respond approprately then I will read their posts.

They should give people the option to monitior whether or not you want to ignore people's posts AND PMs here.
sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 08:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Why are you focusing on one person?

It was an illustrative example.

Quote:
I can click the link to the posts that are hidden from view to see them.

What's the point of ignoring them if you just read all of the posts that had been hidden from view?

Gah.

Anyway.
hamburgboy

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 08:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
They should give people the option to monitior whether or not you want to ignore people's posts AND PMs here.

i'm sure you know that you are free to ignore any and all posts - don't you !
just don't read the posts or pm's - easy , isn't it ?
hbg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 08:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
seriously mr goldman....

I want to apologize for soz's answer on behalf all all those here that are trying to help solve your asian and breakfast issues.

Let me share a true story with you.

I happen to work with 2 people of the asian persuation. I had never noticed until recently, but whenever we have a meeting, these 2 people don't sit near each other. Someone told me (I'm not going to say who) that these 2 asians don't really like each other.

"oh yeah, RIGHT Rolling Eyes , they don't like each other. I'll bet you have a bridge in Brooklyn you'd like to sell me, huh? "

I mean, there're both ASIAN, right?

Anyway, today I had to go all the way down to san antonio (a place with a lot of hispanic people BTW), and these 2 asians again were merely, you know, polite with each other.
What I really couldn't believe was that there were a FEW other asian people there, and not only did they not all sit together, but some of them were sitting with hispanics.
I don't even want to get into the other types there, you know, black, white some people wearing eyeglasses...

pretty freaky, right?
sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 08:21 pm
@chai2,
I know, I'm an obfuscating obfuscator.

I'm sorry.

<sob>
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2011 08:25 pm
@sozobe,
I'm leaving that girl alone.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 04:37 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
Instead, you would see "user ignored" in regular black font and then after that, "view" in small green font.
maybe they can change the black font to an orange font, and the small green font to a small beige font...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 04:42 am
One thing i find hilarious is that son-of-a-bitch wants to ignore people's PMs, and he was spamming both Ceili and me with unsolicited and unwanted PMs. He only stopped sending me PMs when i responded in his thread, and then told him that from that point forward, i would respond to his PMs publicly in his threads. This guy is a nut case.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 06:29 am
I think I understand. You are asking about a setting whereby you can ignore a users PMs, yes?

That isn't in the software yet, sorry. Best thing you can do is, don't open those PMs.
djjd62

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2011 06:35 am
@jespah,
or just open and close it (without reading) to clear the "you've got mail" like message on the screen