A Politically Correct Holiday Wish

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2003 10:05 am
A Politically Correct Holiday Wish

Best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most joyous traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, and with respect for the religious persuasions of others or their choice not to practice a religion at all;

AND

a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the generally accepted calendar year 2004, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to our society have helped make America great, without regard to the race, creed, color, religious, or sexual preferences of the wishes.

(This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
her/himself or others.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 479 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2003 11:33 am
and, as Lady McBeth said "have a nice day"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2003 11:39 am
I usually automativally scroll past anything with the words "politically correct" in it, but, out of deference to BBB. I looked in. A generic Christmas wish to one and all.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 12:22 am
Thank BBB

I had a copy of this and I couldn't find it.
I had a pretty good festive season this year, I hope the rest of you can say the same.
Ceili
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 12:28 am
It ain't over 'til the avoirdupois-challenged lady sings...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 06:26 am
...until the last confetti falls
and 2004 begins...
IT AIN'T OVER WITH.
Be brave and steadfast and you too will survive the holiday season.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 06:40 am
I haD TO cc this bBB. first time I saw it and It made the ole wizened curmudgeon, smile quietly. I then sent it off to a number of my really righty friends who, of course, will start up with me today about "see how theyre making a mockery of everything sacred"
Then I spring on them That , without further evidence, I can only conclude that this was written with a smile.

Happy festivus.
0 Replies