Rhinitis

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 02:10 am
My 4 yr old cat has developed a very noisy nasal passage, there is no discharge, blood or swelling, he has a healthy appetite and otherwise very active, but can sense difficulty in breathing is causing him discomfort. Following extensive and expensive investigation by my Vet, it has been concluded that there is no viral or fungal disease, no growths and no foreign bodies, but is looks like he has developed the early stages of Rhinitis. Having initially tried antibiotics we are now trying a steroid injection, which so far has done nothing to ease the discomfort. Can anybody suggest any other treatment or natural remedy which may may him more comfortable?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 831 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 05:13 pm
@melody gilbert,
Maybe the kitty is allergic to something. Have you brought anything new into the environment relative to the symptoms appearing?

Go to this website and put into the search box there the terms feline rhinitis. You'll find numerous articles there describing symptoms, diagnosis procedures, treatments with medications and home remedies.

http://www.vetinfo.com/

I got it started for you:

Feline rhinitis
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2011 07:01 pm
@melody gilbert,
No suggestions, since you've already had him to a vet. Those upper respiratory infections in felines can be fatal, and very quick. It is good you have eliminated this possibility.
0 Replies