curious to find my birth father, but dont want to impose on his life??

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 03:32 pm
i am very curious to find my birth father. i would first and foremost like to thank him very very much for simply letting me be in this world & giving me life!!
all i have is a name & dob.
GARY IRLAM 10/03/1960. he went to school with a girl called Veronica in sydney in 1975 when i was conceived.
I am very aware he has probably got a family that are unaware i exist, so the last thing i wish to do is impose, but i now have 3 sons of my own, & some medical history will be helpful, & if he is interested i would love to get to no him.
if anyone can help me with this search, or has known my father in their life at any point i would love to chat.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,922 • Replies: 14
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 03:51 pm
@SASA PACO,
Did you Google "Gary Irlam"? I did and got some Facebook hits. I didn't dig into them, but the first one looked like about the right age. That is where I would start. That name seems unique enough that you might be able to find him that way.
SASA PACO

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 04:18 pm
@engineer,
i did try facebook thanks, unforetunately no luck so far, but thankyou so much for your interest & if you have any other ideas id love to hear from you again.
THANKS,,,,sasapaco!!!
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 04:26 pm
@SASA PACO,
If you know the school he went to and the year/s he might be on a list of past graduates or reunions. If that fails, you might look at the yearbooks, most schools keep copies in their libraries. There might be photos of him or friends that could lead you in the right direction.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2011 04:34 pm
consider yourself lucky. I knew my birth father.
0 Replies

SASA PACO

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2011 07:51 pm
@Ceili,
unfortunately i dont no the name of the school, i am failrly sure it was in sydney.
i guess this is the next question i should be asking my birth mother. i have only been in contact with her for a few years, as her & gary were so young, i was adopted at birth. she has been more than helpful with any questions ive had so far, & im sure she will happily give me this information. thank you so very much for this tip & when i am next speeking with veronica(ronnie) i will ask her... THANKYOU!!!""{}{}*****
0 Replies

SASA PACO

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 02:44 pm
have an update on info & i beleive garys correct date of birth is the 3/03/1960.
any hints or info greatly appreciated.
SASA PACO

Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2012 02:01 pm
@SASA PACO,
my search is feeling imposible,, maybe gary doesnt want to be found??? it hurts to just want to thank someone for the gift of life & making right decisions & be unable to do so.
0 Replies

garry irlam

Reply Thu 2 Feb, 2012 04:55 am
@engineer,
hi my name is garry irlam and i did go to scool ingleburn high with veronica in 1975 and we did have a baby girl i would definetly like to be be in touch with you i have often thought about you and wondered where and how you are i would love very much for you to get in touch with me we have a lot to catch up on the sooner the better please dont hesatate to ring me my number is 0411425215 when you get this message at amy time would love to hear from you
SASA PACO

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 03:12 pm
@garry irlam,
OMG,, i am in such shock at the moment, im lost for words. your timing is increadible, i am suppossed to be getting married on valentines day & had finally realised my dream of both you & ronnie being there for me would not come true for me, then due to an accident my fiancee has a broken leg & a few other health issues so we decided to put a hold on the wedding for a while, so maybe now i can put a positive spin on my wedding being postponned, if it means possibly having you there then it was meant to be.
so Gary (dad), first & foremost i must thankyou so very much for the pure gift of life, it is so important to me to let you know that i had the best possible childhood a girl could ask for & i thankyou so very much for letting that be possible. THANKYOU SO MUCH....XOXO
i will call you soon, just letting the shock sink in..
love sarah xoxoxo
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 06:38 pm
Cool!! Happy for you both and congrats on the soon to be marriage. I guess it is true that good things happen to those who wait.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 06:57 pm
OMG, that's such a great story!
Gary, how did you find the post here at a2k?
SASA PACO

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:31 pm
@CalamityJane,
i really cant thank able2know enough, gary (dad) & i are speaking & txting at all day everyday since we found each other on here, in 3 days i have had a life time of questions answered. next step to plan a meeting, hes in sydney & im in grafton but im determine that wont stop me, start saving cause its time for a road trip!!! thanks able2know i cant tell you how happy i am.!!!
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 11 Feb, 2012 04:41 pm
@SASA PACO,
I am happy for you too, Sasa Paco! You have a lot of catching up to do with your father - enjoy and good luck to you!
0 Replies

SASA PACO

Reply Sun 19 Feb, 2012 05:45 am
@CalamityJane,
the post was automatically sent to garys phone when he was setting up a gmail account. i cant tell you how amazing i find this. anyone at all trying to find someone would be mad not to try putting a post on, i really cant thank able2know enough.
0 Replies