THE US, THE UN AND IRAQ VI

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:13 pm
Craven, I'm not asking timber to prove the veracity of that "study," but to prove that GWBush's IQ is higher than most of the presidents of the past 50 years (or whatever period he wishes to choose) by any means. Even though that "study" might be false/fake, there is still some "truth" to the claim that GWBush's IQ is not all too high compared to all the presidents of the past.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:17 pm
Here's an example of what I found on a search for GWBush. http://www.budgetsim.org/log/archives/000829.shtml
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:20 pm
Lewinsky was not a teenager.
It's all but impossible to get into Oxford without an IQ of at least 130.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:21 pm
At least GWBush got a "P" (pass) in Political Science. LOL
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:24 pm
And a person with no better than an average IQ going to get a Cee average grade in any school. Bush did not go to Harvard University, he went to Havard Busines School which does not have the same criteria for enrollment.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:27 pm
Is, in fact, noted for their degrees for sale...........
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:30 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Craven, I'm not asking timber to prove the veracity of that "study," but to prove that GWBush's IQ is higher than most of the presidents of the past 50 years (or whatever period he wishes to choose) by any means.

c.i. you can't prove this. You do realize remote IQ testing doesn't work? Same with dead people, you can't test dead people's IQ's.

Your request is an impossible one. But I'll come as close as I can.

Quote:
Even though that "study" might be false/fake, there is still some "truth" to the claim that GWBush's IQ is not all too high compared to all the presidents of the past.

Well c.i., upon what do you base this claim? You ask for proof of a nature that is impossible to bring, but don't make any effort to tackle proof yourself.

Anywho, like I said, I'll do the best I can with what information is available to me to satisfy your unfair request:

I only know of the following presidents alleged IQs (through actual testing, not guesses).

Nixon: 143
JFK: 119
Gore: 133 and 134

Now we do have a problem in that we do not know of any IQ test results for Bush.

So let's work with what we do know: SAT score. Not perfect but there is significant correlation between SAT and IQ.

Bush scored 1206. Or in the top 16%. The 84th percentile in IQ would be 115

Gore scored 1355 on the SAT. If we use this as a ratio (134:1355) Bush would get 119 (like JFK).

We can also compare his scholastic achievements to averages for a bit more insight (if not proof because it's impossible dangit):

Average high school graduate: 105
Average college graduate: 115
Advanced professional degrees: 125

Bush has an MBA from Harvard Business School.

A better test would be to find a better ratio of IQ to SAT using a much larger data sample but I suspect you'll find that Bush is of average intelligence, about the same as JFK.

It's probably not too high, but probably compares well with presidents of the past:

Truman, Regan and Roosevelt were no braniacs. Oliver Wendell Holmes called Roosevelt "a second-rate intellect but a first-class temperament." JFK graduated 65th in his high-school class of 110.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 02:43 pm
Here's another interesting rating of presidents. http://www.siena.edu/sri/results/95%20Presidency%20Survey.htm
Not exactly on scholastic IQ, but more related to being a good president which should count for more - understanding that IQ and being a good president doesn't necessarily correlate.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 07:37 pm
Um, if I may interupt the shrub bashing for a moment. I just found this little story, seems some Iraqi's are getting a bit upset with Zarqawi.

Quote:
DUBAI (Reuters) - Iraqi gunmen calling themselves the Salvation Movement have vowed to hunt down or kill suspected al Qaeda operative Abu Musab al-Zarqawi unless he leaves the country, Al Arabiya television has said.

Al Arabiya aired a video on Tuesday from the previously unknown group which showed at least four armed men, their faces covered by traditional Arab headscarves, standing in front of an Iraq flag.

One man was reading a statement.

"The criminal Abu Musab al-Zarqawi must immediately leave Iraq and everyone who supports or shelters him... must stop what they are doing, especially after his heinous acts which killed innocents... all over Iraq," the man said.

"We have prepared ourselves. We swear we will track him down wherever he is and arrest him and his followers or kill them. This is the last warning for those who shelter him," he added.

Jordanian-born Zarqawi is leader of the Jama'at al-Tawhid and Jihad, which has claimed several deadly suicide bombings, assassinations of Iraqi officials and the kidnapping and beheadings of a South Korean and an American hostage.

The United States has offered a $25 million (14 million pound) reward for the capture of Zarqawi, its top militant target in Iraq. U.S. forces have conducted several strikes on suspected Zarqawi hideouts in Falluja.

The Salvation Movement statement urged Zarqawi's Iraqi supporters to turn against him because he "is not a son of this country and has killed thousands of its people".

Source.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 08:12 pm
Now, Adrian ... Bush-Bashing means so much more to some folks than mere topical news. Have a little compassion, will ya?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 08:14 pm
They'll never acknowledge it Adrian, but I will. Thanks.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:23 pm
It's not news, is it, that there is factional disagreement in Iraq.
And, I thought we were moving to the new thread #7?

I have posted some stuff there just now.

Bush-bashing, if such you be pleased to call it, is, as far as I am concerned the duty of each of us to hold the executive to account. If they select a dim AWOL duplicitous person who can't chew pretzels and drink beer at the same time, who then leads the country to its lowest moral point ever, then let him be bashed, and rightly so.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:35 pm
Just for continuity sake, prolly oughtta be using Thread VII ; its already about 3 or 4 pages deep.

Bash on, if it entertains ya, but there are plenty of threads wherein that entertainment might be more appropriate. Whatever. Here or there or anywhere ... don't much matter.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2004 11:38 pm
Crap! I forgot we were up to VII. Now I've got 4 pages to catch up on.
0 Replies