Does light have Mass?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 07:26 pm
@Brandon9000,
If you understand dark energy, could you please explain it me? So I don't have to make guesses.
0 Replies

DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:02 pm
@Brandon9000,
There is no book or class that can help one understand, what is not known, and thus can not be taught, this refers to dark matter or energy. If you want to look for it, your search should be as logical as any other, since it is just a theory again.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 08:23 pm
@Brandon9000,
Well ok. Than can you please tell me what parts of my wild guesses are proven wrong? That way I can understand through a process of elimination.
I know the basics like x+0=x . So empty space in the Universe don't exist.
From what I read the material is uniform and has low density. Could it be that the material is what we call the fabric of space?
Again I'm just asking to understand what your point of view would be, from the studies you have gathered.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 09:19 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:
Well ok. Than can you please tell me what parts of my wild guesses are proven wrong? That way I can understand through a process of elimination.
I know the basics like x+0=x . So empty space in the Universe don't exist.
From what I read the material is uniform and has low density. Could it be that the material is what we call the fabric of space?
Again I'm just asking to understand what your point of view would be, from the studies you have gathered.

You know what? If you keep posting medical theories that are completely wrong, sooner or later, the doctor you're talking to is going to get tired of explaining in detail how each one is wrong. The fact is that you're not even close. If you want to know real physics, then read a book and stop guessing.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 09:21 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
DNA Thumbs drive wrote:
There is no book or class that can help one understand, what is not known, and thus can not be taught, this refers to dark matter or energy. If you want to look for it, your search should be as logical as any other, since it is just a theory again.

Go find me a cure for AIDS with no medical knowledge or an explanation of dark matter with no physics knowledge and tell me when you succeed. If you can't solve a trivial problem, you probably can't solve a difficult problem.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 09:34 pm
@Brandon9000,
Ooh , no you misunderstood.
I was just asking.
Could the fabric of space and dark energy be the same thing?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 09:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
My humble intention is simply to understand.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 09:58 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
My humble intention is simply to understand.

Excellent. Go to the library and borrow a book.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:00 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ooh , no you misunderstood.
I was just asking.
Could the fabric of space and dark energy be the same thing?

To be honest, it's over my head. I have some ambition to study that area, but at the moment, I don't know enough to answer. However, were it that simple, I would guess that the world's scientists would have figured it out.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:14 pm
@Brandon9000,
Yes. Thank you.
My dad was a librarian at one time. I think they are great.
To save me a trip could anyone that has knowledge of the subject, help guide me in the right direction?
Am I in the wrong direction by asking if the low density, uniform material,that we call dark energy, is the same thing as what we call the fabric of space?
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 10:24 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,

Yes. Thank you.
My dad was a librarian at one time. I think they are great.
To save me a trip could anyone that has knowledge of the subject, help guide me in the right direction?
Am I in the wrong direction by asking if the low density, uniform material,that we call dark energy, is the same thing as what we call the fabric of space?

You are wrong to make wild, uninformed guesses on a subject you know nothing about. You and your brothers are very close, I think, but your brother Randy needs to drive more carefully. Please ask Paul to talk some sense into him.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2014 11:42 pm
@Brandon9000,
I'm simply asking a question.
My brother's name is not randy. Most people use the word Doctor before saying my brother's name.
Why is it wrong to ask if dark energy and the fabric of space are the same?
If they are not, you could just tell me.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 05:29 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I'm simply asking a question.
My brother's name is not randy. Most people use the word Doctor before saying my brother's name.

I did tell you why your wild guess was wrong and then you had another and another and another. If I made a completely ignorant guess about medicine and some doctor explained to me why it's wrong, and then made another and he explained to me why it's wrong, and then made another, at some point, he would get sick of it. Why is it wrong to read a book on the subject and actually learn, aside from the fact that it would require work?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 05:34 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:

You want an answer, ok I will give it to you. First while there is nothing wrong with the question, your belief that any of the ten or so people reading the question know if dark energy and the fabric of space are the same, is just not rational, when you know that the answer to this question does not exist. Then you ask people to tell you what no human knows, thus if you expect an answer, this is again irrational, and impossible.

The universe, is not going to be solved here, trust me.....

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 07:04 am
@Brandon9000,
Ooh I'm looking. .. where did you explain why dark energy and the fabric of space is not the same? I see were you keep asking me to prove things every time I asked a question. .. could you please quote it for me? Sometimes I have trouble understanding what people's intentions are.
It seemed like an low density uniform material was good candidate for the fabric of space, but your explaining to me why is not.
Please go ahead.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 08:08 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Well maybe someone, that took classes to learn about numbers, could punch in the weight to dark energy in a computer. To see if it would fit in with the formula that explains the fabric of space?
If someone with such knowledge happens to glance at this post.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:00 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
And please excuse my grammar. As I explained before, my formal education is not past high school.
Well some credits for taking tests to find out how much I knew about another language. .. ooh and I took a course in public speaking one time.
That should cover my formal education.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:16 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I could get more credits if they tested me for a third language also.
But I don't see the point of doing the test for credits .
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 09:20 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well we know that the dark energy sector of the Universe is growing. So the volume can be measured. Find the source that it is feeding it, measure the rate it's volume decreases, and that will give us the numbers verify the formula.

I don't think Dark Energy is "growing" so much as it's causing SpaceTime to expand. Also, Dark Energy isn't any form of "energy" that we currently understand, it's just a representation in an equation in a model. It happens to hold a position in the equation which is reserved for some form of "energy" (rather than matter), so it is called dark "energy".
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:44 am
@rosborne979,
I'm not sure on what the time part is. But space, I see it as a structure of low density. Does that make any sense?
0 Replies