Does light have Mass?

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 05:21 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:
Ooh I'm looking. .. where did you explain why dark energy and the fabric of space is not the same? I see were you keep asking me to prove things every time I asked a question. .. could you please quote it for me? Sometimes I have trouble understanding what people's intentions are.
It seemed like an low density uniform material was good candidate for the fabric of space, but your explaining to me why is not.
Please go ahead.

By the time you got to that question, I had tired of carefully pointing out the flaw in each successive wild guess. Like I said, buy a book.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:22 pm
@Brandon9000,
If you don't see space as a low density structure, what do you see it as?
Keeping in mind that third grade math teaches us x+0=x so empty space doesn't exist.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2014 10:53 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
If you don't see space as a low density structure, what do you see it as?
Keeping in mind that third grade math teaches us x+0=x so empty space doesn't exist.

You don't know what you're talking about.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:23 am
@Brandon9000,
That is why I am asking.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 02:52 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well ok how about this. In the formula for the Universe, there is a material of low density. It takes up most of the volume of the Universe.
It is called dark energy.
Where is it hidden?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 03:23 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Some possible hints of its structure.
Like some parts of a photon (quark, antiquark) it has unique qualities.
In the photon it's quark structure is able to hold energy for billions of years.
Dark energy's structure is strong. And is able to push energy, because it's been blamed for expanding the Universe.
Well do you understand my point of view?
Ok could you explain me your's please?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:00 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Peter, there is not one person here, who has the answer, as to what either, dark matter or energy are, and this includes you. Anyone who tells you different, is merely making stuff up, or reposting the same stuff that you can Google on your own.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 05:58 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,

That is why I am asking.

You said:

That's not asking. That's reaching a conclusion. The evident fact is that you have the energy to throw out wild, uneducated guesses, but are too lazy to actually read a book and learn something.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 06:01 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon, read his profile, the answer is clear, as he does seem honest, at least
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2014 06:16 am
I just read it. I have taken roughly 40 physics classes during my schooling and would be the first to admit that I'm not qualified to do cosmology. The problem is that people see baby talk descriptions of physics on TV and think that that's what physicist are actually doing. It's not. These are greatly watered down descriptions. I have at least been close enough to this area to know how complicated it is and what sort of knowledge is involved. I have a former college roommate who is actually working in this area and I have heard him talk about it. I know how much education is involved in the subject. This individual has apparently never taken a single physics class but thinks he's all set to guess the answer.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 12:52 am
@Brandon9000,
I don't mean to cause the wrong impression.
I was just explaining my point of view. I understand that people see things differently.
So I was just trying to understand your point of view.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 05:20 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I don't mean to cause the wrong impression.
I was just explaining my point of view. I understand that people see things differently.
So I was just trying to understand your point of view.

My point of view is based on years of study of the subject before, during, and after college. Apparently your plans don't include actually learning the subject. Maybe next you can give us your suggestions about medicine. Who needs actual medical knowledge?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 07:03 am
@Brandon9000,
Wow great! So you studied the subject and have a point of view? Could you please tell us what your point of view is? I understand that you went to school just to learn how to make this World a better place for future generations. I would like to thank you for all your hard work. I also understand that you believe that if someone learns outside the classroom that they are wrong. So you are probably mad at me for learning languages outside the classroom and getting credited for it. I am sorry for upsetting you. If your point of view on the subject is sacred to you and you don't want to share it that is ok. Just please state so. That way I don't keep checking with hopes that I could understand it.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:10 am
@Brandon9000,
Well ok. Maybe I can try to understand another point of view you have.
Do you believe that if someone learns something outside a classroom, that because of were they learned it, their opinion on the subject should be invalid?
And why?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 08:58 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
In my case, I assembled structures that people imagined, and then ran the numbers to make the physics work. Once that was finished they would draw it on a blueprint, send me the material to assemble it, and I would inform him of anything he overlooked as I was assembling his vision (it was a her sometimes) . I was put into many situations where I had to solve something based on my experience. So after a decade or so of doing this, I tend to see the World and Universe around me as structures.
So I am trying to understand points of views so that I can verify, or refine my vision.
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 04:05 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
In my case, I assembled structures that people imagined, and then ran the numbers to make the physics work.

So people imagine structures, and you run numbers that allow the physics of those peoples imaginations to work.

Are you reading other peoples minds? What numbers do you run, and how do you run them?

I am curious?

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 04:06 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Wow great! So you studied the subject and have a point of view? Could you please tell us what your point of view is? I understand that you went to school just to learn how to make this World a better place for future generations. I would like to thank you for all your hard work. I also understand that you believe that if someone learns outside the classroom that they are wrong. So you are probably mad at me for learning languages outside the classroom and getting credited for it....

I have no problem whatever with learning outside the classroom. I admire it. The problem is that you haven't learned anything about this subject whatever. You are merely talking about it. What is this immense resistance to actually reading a book?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:24 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Ooh I see how you read that. "I assembled" "they imagined, ran the numbers"
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Ok well being that you keep saying that. .. I thought it was sarcasm. But ok. You seem to have the answers. So tell me. What book that explains dark matter should I get?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2014 06:30 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
How about fabric of space? Dark energy? Were are all these books and why are these things called mysteries if you can just read a book to get the answer?