Does light have Mass?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:37 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
I say that it can't! Prove me wrong if you don't agree! Don't stand there doing nothing more than attempt to put down the people who dedicated their lives to be able to make that statement.
You on the other hand is not a professor nor a doctor.
What happened to you that you just want to put the science world down?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:39 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Wow more personal attacks?
You are upset because they kicked you out of school?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:57 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I do not have to prove you wrong, you need to understand real, from theoretical.

Again, light as the fastest thing in the universe, is not a fact, it is a theory. Do you understand this?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 05:58 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Now Pete, why are you changing the subject? is it because you can not answer coherently?
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 06:57 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Real = observing.
Have you observed anything that would make my statement false?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 07:19 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Pete, since it is clearly possible to observe a hallucination, then observations of hallucinations are not real. So saying that real = observing, is fallacious.

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 08:01 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
You seem angry.What is making you angry?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 08:10 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Angry, this is more fun then watching Caddyshack while sniffing glue.........................................!!!!http://paulimondi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Caddyshack-Movie-Review-7.jpg
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2015 08:24 pm
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Do you consider the human race as one family?
DNA Thumbs drive

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 05:23 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Have you abandoned your search for the mass of the Higgs Boson, in favor of a more humanitarian course of study?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 06:42 am
@DNA Thumbs drive,
Well you are a jerk. Every time I ask a question to the general public, you bury my posts.
So I figure you were looking for attention.
So let's talk about you.
So what happened in your life that brought to this point? You know for you to be acting this way.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 06:52 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Don't stand there doing nothing more than attempt to put down the people who dedicated their lives to be able to make that statement

What statement are you referring to here?.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 07:48 am
@Quehoniaomath,
Well when Einstein's statement of "a penny can't go faster than the speed of light". DNA put him down and said something about he don't comb his hair and he doesn't know anything.
Of course when he makes this statements, he doesn't provide any evidence to support it.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 09:54 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Granted that's it's been some eighty years since Einstein made that statement. But I don't know why DNA keeps putting him down.
From what I read about him, he seems like a pretty nice guy.
0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 10:39 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Well when Einstein's statement of "a penny can't go faster than the speed of light". DNA put him down and said something about he don't comb his hair and he doesn't know anything.
Of course when he makes this statements, he doesn't provide any evidence to support it.

Well, I always say that about speed of light he 'postulated' it and never proved it of coursse, so it is a dogma, and a false dogma at that.
Light can go way faster than that we are told! There is no limit to the speed of light.
Hope this reaction makes sense in relation to whta yoy wrote, I am not sure.
Krumple

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 11:10 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

To prove the theory, all you have to do is observe the resistance of the structure of space when matter, such as the structure of photons, speeds through it.

Photons don't have mass. It would be like saying heat has mass. No. Photons are energy given off by the exchange of electrons moving from one valence shell to another.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 01:43 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Ok well maybe light can go faster than the current speed.
But a penny?
If someone one tells me they can make a penny go faster than light..., really you don't find that comical at all?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 01:49 pm
@Krumple,
E=M (large number here) .
If you say photons are energy, and mass equals energy.
Lol . If you read what is said "photons contain zero mass at rest". Every physical item has mass.
Quehoniaomath

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 02:57 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Ok well maybe light can go faster than the current speed.
But a penny?
If someone one tells me they can make a penny go faster than light..., really you don't find that comical at all?

Actually, I found the whole science thing very comical and not to be taken seriously.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2015 04:20 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I find Einstein's humor delightful.
The belief of his time was that space was a medium.
Having already explained that energy is another form of matter, he knew that the next question would be " where does the structure of space come from". So instead his formulas provide the evidence for the structure, but he wouldn't address it directly.
0 Replies