How many kinds of fossilized cells of animals have been found?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 12:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
Laser sights r embarrassing (unless u use a bipod)
because u see that u r shaking the muzzle all over the place.

Perhaps you oughta call it a career before you hurt someone.
That applies to the very finest
and youngest of professional snipers.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 05:12 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Try not to butt in, this thread isnt about you, its about somekid who is beginning to do his or her own homwork. Weve made a breakthrough
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 05:23 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Try not to butt in, this thread isnt about you,
its about somekid who is beginning to do his or her own homwork. Weve made a breakthrough
Its a good thing that u r THE BOSS, otherwise,
I might tell u into what family facility u shoud go jam your head.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 09:13 pm
@bewildered,
hey bewildered it was good to see your post and you're right, I couldn't answer your questions ; i'm a science duffus. But I enjoy Farmerman's little talks on the subject.
0 Replies

bewildered

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 02:37 am
@farmerman,
OK, the following link contains a mineralized human brain and fossilized brain cells found recently in American south:

http://www.petrifiedhumanbrain.com/home.html

farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 06:10 am
@bewildered,
Please beware if you are a serious science student. There is a chemical substance called Silane (also Siloxane) which are classedas "gels" that precip a silicate structure and its highlly possible (looking at the sources of the articles) that a human brain could be slowly disarticulated by solution and at the same time silane can be inprecipitated to form a silica gel cast of the entire thingy.The "gel" is actually a glass like silicate substance that is hard after it sets up in a few days, it will forever look like a cast of a "crystal skull" and be exactly the same form as the "fossil" youve found out about.
Reading the Creationist nature of the publication, I see a lot of "Noahs Flood" references.
ANyway, they dont give any information about the l;ocation and the place that it was found. WHY ONLY A BRAIN"
Was it just lying on the ground?
The context and the association sounds fishy. Many times "Creation Scientists" love to make molds and casts of organisms to act as evidence for theor beliefs. For example, right here on A2k, several years back, one of our members posted a picture of a dinosaur skeleton that was found in direct association with a hominid skeleton , thus implying that they lived tohgether. It was later found to be a hoax.

I suspect hoax here. BUT, if it were real, it certainly would be a fossil. Im going to follow this line cause I find it very interesting. SOmeone has spent a lot of time and not seeing such a find in the literature is amazing(if it were real)

It comes from Tennessee, so....uhh.... what can I say?
wayne

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 06:29 am
@farmerman,
I found it interesting to learn a little about how something like that could be done, I wondered about that.
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 06:41 am
@wayne,
theres a cottage industry faking fossils by silica gel (they put all kinds of dyes and pigments to tone it down and color it.) I found the brain "fossil" a bit suspicious with its shiny look and the "burnt sienns" color.
Im not saying its fake but Id just like to see more detailed tech information .

It could have been a fossilized "Tingler", as I recall, Tinglers were just brains that crawled around the floor and then leeched onto you from the back. Nasty things, tinglers
wayne

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 07:02 am
@farmerman,
One of the photos had a portion that looked kinda quartz ey, and the color, as you say.
Now I won't sleep well, worryin about tinglers
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 07:31 am
@wayne,
remember, you can scare tinglers away by screaming for your life. I forget why , but Vincent Price was giving the orders so I have no reason to doubt its effectiveness
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 08:01 am
@farmerman,
I reviewed my "online recipe" for casting of biologicals using the silane deposition technique (THIS technique, being a chemical deposition of a polymerized silica) is actually able to prerve microstructures quite easily. It works best with specimens that have some porosity to fluids (The braiin is a great specimen since it has lots of inteconnected nooks and crannies)
You mix (this is done by testing) an amount of hydrogen peroxide with the silane (or siloxane) polymer fluids. The more pweroxide, the quicker the set up from a water like liquid to a hard "rock like" substance. The stuff is firs Fumed onto the specimen so that a surface deposition builds up, Then, as the specimen gets coated, we gradually use immersion until its built up to have structure. The remaining specimen can be removed by sulfuric acid digestion nd then the resulting specimen is dunked into a faster setting silane until we have a nice specimen.
The specimen that bewildered posed from the website , is kind of pressed, as if in rock so, while I believe its a manufactured artifact, it was probably pressed to emulate diagenetic pressures.

Even so, the mystery remains to me, why just a brain? doesnt the artisan who did this feel like people wont question its validity just from that fact? SO the Creationist games are just pushing my funny bone with this one.

I know of one Pliocene fossil cast of a rhinoceros in the basaltic lavas of the coastal range in Washington State. This specimen was kind of rhinoceros shaped , (just like the human casts from Pompeii) it was a basalt cast of the rhino who was caught in the volcano as it happened (kinda like HArry Truman at Mt St Helens)
wayne

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 09:31 am
@farmerman,
Is this process anything similar to what Gunther von Hagens has used in his anatomical art?
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 04:02 pm
@wayne,
I love this guys work. Its fantastic. I think Walter or Deb set up a thread last year and there were some pieces in NY which I missed. Im gonna say that, since the silane is rather costly for such big pieces as his and he doesnt need real cell level definition, maybe he uses some other kind of casting resin like a polyurethane (expandable) or acrylic. Ill go look him up and see
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 04:13 pm
@farmerman,
Apparently-for his "plastination stuff" he uses multiple polymers including silane. SO he is doing things much more comlex than the "fossil" brain thing that the thread author mentioned.
bewildered

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 11:47 pm
@farmerman,
Please note a few professors of neurology has physically examined the fossil brain and confirmed it is a human fossil brain.
Micrographs of petrified blood vessels are displayed in the website's "blood supply" section at the top of the home page.
wayne

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 01:00 am
@farmerman,
I really like his work too, most especially the horse and rider. I was interested to know that this kind of work has been done for a long time.
Apparently some critics think his work isn't the best, I'd like to see some of the work they consider better.
farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 02:54 am
@bewildered,
Im no arguing thatpoint. I think that its possibly been "MAnufactured" as an artifact. We have many tools today that can do that, yet, none of the professors whove analyzed the brain have asked the question
"wheres the rest of him/her?"
Im a geologist and I want to be able to do a "thin sectioning" of certain areas . I think that many of the structures that the person posting the pictures are highly imaginative (like meisosis and even blood vessesls) Inclusions in a mix of silane will show up like that and the fact that there is cleavage on the mineral face shows that this is deposited tetrahedral silica, and not cryptocrystalline like chert or chalcedony. That strengthens my case that this brain is an art project and not a fossil.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 02:57 am
@wayne,
I agree with you. His work is really something.
PHB

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 05:18 pm
@farmerman,
I am the owner of this artifact.
Anyone who wishes, may ask any question they like, by way of email. [email protected]
farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 05:33 pm
@PHB,
I wont share e-mail on this . A2k is a propwer medium in which to discuss this in public.
SOME QUESTIONS I HAVE:

1. What is the geological context of this artifact? The written sections seem to imply that it was found as is in a rock unit. Do you know the rock unit?

2. How is it that just a brain was found? The written section implies that this brain is a fossil and Im not convinced that such a deposition could even occur

3. Have any thin sections been made to view this under polarized substage light? If its quartz or "chalcedony" the 30 micron polarized cross nichols refraction should be a grey to black extinction. If its granular, these extinctions will show up as polka dots of varying size. Do you know which it is?

4. Do you know how this was created? (chemically)