Hey All You Rubes, The Carney Will Now Definitely Be Running The Midway

djjd62

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:28 pm
White House Picks Jay Carney As New Press Secretary
By Chris Cillizza and Anne Kornblut
3:55 PM ET, 01/27/2011

President Obama has chosen Jay Carney to serve as his new press secretary, replacing longtime loyalist Robert Gibbs who is leaving his post in mid February, according to a senior Administration official.

The White House will also name Office of Health Reform Nancy-Ann DeParle and current White House director of scheduling and Advance Alyssa Mastromonaco as deputy chiefs of staff.

Carney, who is currently communications director for Vice President Joe Biden, came to the White House in 2009 after a long career in journalism in which he served -- among other posts -- as Washington bureau chief of Time magazine.

The White House had made clear they were interested in tapping an outsider for the post -- particularly after Bill Daley was tapped as the new chief of staff. It's not clear whether the White House believes Carney to be an outsider as he has spent the last two years within the Administration.

Replacing Gibbs is no easy task as he enjoyed a very close relationship with Obama dating back to 2004 when he worked on the president's Senate campaign.

Gibbs is expected to open his own consulting operation and appear on television as a prominent surrogate for the president. He will also be involved in the planning stages of Obama's reelection bid, which will be led by current deputy White House chief of staff Jim Messina.

Obama has undergone a major staff transition in recent weeks.

Gone -- or soon to be gone -- are Messina, senior adviser David Axelrod and political director Patrick Gaspard -- all three of whom are leaving the official White House staff to begin preparations for the 2012 presidential campaign.

In are Daley and David Plouffe who managed Obama's 2008 race.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/white-house/white-house-picks-tk-as-new-pr.html?wpisrc=nl_natlalert

JPLosman0711

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:32 pm
Why are you wasting time with politics?
djjd62

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:38 pm
@JPLosman0711,
wouldn't a better question be, why are you wasting your time worrying about me wasting my time with politics?

by the by, i'm wasting my time crafting bad puns or infantile wordplay, not really posting about politics
JPLosman0711

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:44 pm
@djjd62,
Yes, that's a great question!

But watch this, just as 'crafty' as you are with coming up with that clever question, I can say:

Why are you worrying about me worrying about you worrying about politics!?!? (We could do this all day!)

Stop searching for approval!
djjd62

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:49 pm
@JPLosman0711,
no need to search, i find approval every morning when i look in the mirror
JPLosman0711

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:51 pm
@djjd62,
Good feeling, isn't it?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 04:52 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
Gibbs is expected to open his own consulting operation and appear on television as a prominent surrogate for the president.

About time they did this. It is one of the things that has been missing from their communications strategy since the 2008 campaign ended.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 07:38 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Quote:
Gibbs is expected to open his own consulting operation and appear on television as a prominent surrogate for the president.

About time they did this. It is one of the things that has been missing from their communications strategy since the 2008 campaign ended.

I don't know if such surrogates are very effective since they are such obvious shills.

In any case, Gibbs won't make an attractive surrogate.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 07:42 pm
Carney should be interesting.

He certainly can't be worse than Gibbs.

Does this mean ABC will get the entire front row in the press room?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 08:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Quote:

this was a big feature of the recent nymag article

interesting read (will be back with a link)
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 09:00 pm
@ehBeth,
http://nymag.com/news/politics/70829/

(last week's Remaking of the President cover)
0 Replies