DOes these colors has special meanings?

Nancy88

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 01:57 am
A little blue, brown and green for our red, white and blue.

The author was talking about sorting trash in his home whe the disposal company distributed three trash cans (whit the color of blue, brown and green). The authour (a housewife) dislike the disturbing sorting, but eventually got used to it and began to like it. One day her hunband found her sorting trash after dinner. Then bagan the following conversaton:

Time passed, and months later my husband stood in the kitchen after dinner.
"What are you doing?" he said.
"Smashing this cardboard carton for Big Blue." I had it on the floor, with one foot
holding it down while the other foot flattened the end.
"You, sorting trash?"
"Yes, and don't be so shocked. It doesn't take as much time as I thought.What happened to fussing about three separate containers?"
"I don't know. I guess I hated change. But now that I'm used to it, I love doing
my part."
"That's my girl," my husband said, when he took me in his arms and hugged me. "And look at those muscles you're getting. Almost as big as mine."
"Not quite,"I replied. "But here, use yours to take this stuff outside." I handed
him the squashed cardboard and the rest of the garbage. "And make sure you put it in the right bin: Brown or Blue."
"Got it," he said with a wink. "A little blue, brown and green for our red, white
and blue."

What does the author's huaband mean by the last sentence?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 798 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 02:13 am
@Nancy88,
I'm going to guess what the colours mean, where I live we only have two garbage collections. Blue recycling is usually things that can be recycled, like tin cans, paper, glass, plastic..
Green is most likely compostable material, like grass clippings, table scraps, leaves, eggs shells.
Brown is probably for garbage. Stuff that can't be recycled or composted.
The last sentence means that by separating the garbage, which is good for the environment, they were doing their part for the good of the USA, the red, white and blue - the colours and nickname of the American Flag and the USA.
Nancy88

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 02:17 am
@Ceili,
It so kind of you! I do deeply appreciate your help!
0 Replies