good taste is timeless

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 09:30 am
So, it's a normal morning, I get up and put on the coffee and then feed sally-dog. I wait patiently for the coffee to finish, get my mug and sit down for that first heart-warming and mind waking sip of arabica coffee. PPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF what is this? some kind of mint flavored coffee, good god almighty. Now I realize Lady Diane likes flavored.aromatic teas and coffees like Lady Gray tea and Mocha mint coffee and anything else that strikes her fancy but she has common sense and doesn't put that crap anywhere near the real arabica coffee or assam tea. How did this happen? Was she sleep walking last night? Is she taking drugs? has she joined the democrat party? Is my life over? Can mint flavored coffee kill me?
Sally-dog is fine and sleeping on the sofa, Dante-cat is on the heater. I've been poisoned, If you don't see anymore posts by me you will know I've been brutally slain by mint flavored coffee. I request cremation. mint flavored coffee is an ugly way to die.

Rockhead

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 09:40 am
@dyslexia,
a teaspoon of mr. dickels old fashioned remedy is the answer...

no mint can survive that...

you shoulda had tea.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 09:48 am
Sorry Charlie. StarKist doesn't want tuna with good taste, StarKist wants tuna that tastes good.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OKkJYPxir-U/RykeNrXMsLI/AAAAAAAAAtw/ORwgJuWyVKk/s200/Tunacharlie.gif
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:11 am
@dyslexia,
I was murdered by candied coffee in a previous incarnation by a heartless wench doing an office coffee run. I railed against her inhumanity and threatened her death by limpid teabag the next time it was my turn to buy. I scowled at the “coffee,” despised her for a while, and then, I ate a banana. It didn’t help.

I particularly hate hazelnut. I have, thankfully, never suffered murder by mint before. I commiserate.
Mame

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:21 am
@Joeblow,
Me, too, hating flavoured coffees and flavoured creams. Ick! And I like a strong cuppa java, JoeBlow Smile The creamo's on me, though.
Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:28 am
The girl got some coffee on sale, fru-fru stuff. The first can i opened was "French vanilla" (is French vanilla different from, say, Croatian Vanilla?). The aroma filled the house, and, fortunately, the coffee itself was made from arabica beans, so it didn't taste so bad. The Girl, who does not drink coffee, loved it for the aroma.

My favorite cafica arabica is Columbia, but one does not look gift horses in the mouth.
Joeblow

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:33 am
@Mame,
Strong coffee. Check Smile
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:33 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
. . . I request cremation. mint flavored coffee is an ugly way to die.

Probably a bad idea to burn anyone who's been drinking mint coffee.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 11:00 am
It was ossobuco.
George

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 12:08 pm
@InfraBlue,
Uh-oh.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 12:32 pm
@dyslexia,
Lady Diane got up so I bullied her for hours and she finally knuckled under my harangue and brewed up some real coffee. Sally-dog is still sleeping.
Mame

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 12:35 pm
@dyslexia,
"harangue" or "whining"?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 12:48 pm
@Setanta,
mmmmmm Vanilla

that sure smelled good
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 01:18 pm
A cup of black coffee, unsweetened is the way to begin a day. Its also good when coming home from work at noon. Fortunately, mrs edgarblythe likes the same coffee as me. Except she ruins it with sweetening. But I am easy-going and don't scold her for it. I had coffee at a restaurant last week. The waiter accidentally refreshed it with hot tea. The same guy that spilled a glass of iced tea all over our table, several months ago. It must be terrible to be a klutz when serving the public.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 02:25 pm
@Joeblow,
Hazelnut is merely distasteful. Wait till you pick up a cup of what looks like coffee and your throat immediately contracts in protective reflex. Amaretto Surprise!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 02:49 pm
@InfraBlue,
Noooooooooo!

I've been buying Natural Directions organic arabica coffees lately. So far they taste good and are the lowest cost brand on the shelf. The bag I have now is Nueva del Sol (a light medium roast). Sometimes I like dark roasts. Never flavors.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 03:29 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

So, it's a normal morning, I get up and put on the coffee and then feed sally-dog. I wait patiently for the coffee to finish, get my mug and sit down for that first heart-warming and mind waking sip of arabica coffee. PPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF what is this? some kind of mint flavored coffee, good god almighty. Now I realize Lady Diane likes flavored.aromatic teas and coffees like Lady Gray tea and Mocha mint coffee and anything else that strikes her fancy but she has common sense and doesn't put that crap anywhere near the real arabica coffee or assam tea. How did this happen? Was she sleep walking last night? Is she taking drugs? has she joined the democrat party? Is my life over? Can mint flavored coffee kill me?
Sally-dog is fine and sleeping on the sofa, Dante-cat is on the heater. I've been poisoned, If you don't see anymore posts by me you will know I've been brutally slain by mint flavored coffee. I request cremation. mint flavored coffee is an ugly way to die.

Excellent, I mean outstanding, kvetch, dys. Looks like I've got some competition.

Have a Pepsi.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 03:40 pm
uggh..

why did I wait so long to read this thread.

I feel as if I have found my clan at last.

coffee = black, no ******* sugar or any of that other ****, like ******* french vanilla hazelnut pumpkin.

goddam I am pissed off just thinking about it.

I need to go look out the window for a moment. excuse me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 03:50 pm
There were 2 moments in my life, that when taken together, solidified my convicition that Wally was the man I was destined to spend the rest of my life with.

The first was when I saw him pour himself a cup of coffee, and start to drink it without putting anything in it, without even looking around to see if there was anything to put in it.

The 2nd was when he told me he had had a vasectomy several years prior. The first thing I said to him was "Let me see the scar"
George

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 03:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:
There were 2 moments in my life, that when taken together, solidified my
convicition that Wally was the man I was destined to spend the rest of my life
with.

The first was when I saw him pour himself a cup of coffee, and start to drink
it without putting anything in it, without even looking around to see if there
was anything to put in it.

The 2nd was when he told me he had had a vasectomy several years prior.
The first thing I said to him was "Let me see the scar"

Speaking of coffee, mine's now sprayed all over the monitor.